Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's with the major patches?

Every time a major patch comes out, like say, toddlers or Gender flexibility, there's always a game-breaking glitch? Like right now, I cannot stand that they automatically take a serving when they cook food, so now I need to wait for a new patch that fixes this, which also means I cannot get in deep with the toddler gameplay.

Please take more notice at bugs like this, please, Sims Team?
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2017
    Quite a few sims players have noted that their sim does not take a serving to place in their inventory as long as their hunger bar is all green. My sims don't take a serving unless they have yellow in their hunger bar. You might want to try having your sim be more full when they cook a meal and see if it makes a difference.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    It happens to me as well. also, when they take food from the fridge they're standing IN FRONT of the fridge door which also bugs me because then no one else can get food...

-Yarden.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Yes, standing in front of the fridge to eat, that is bothering me a lot right now!
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Right now my mc commander is broken again. Every time they update, it happens. I have to pull it out and put it all back again. Some of my mirrors are broken too.
  • Options
    hcn207hcn207 Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't think the butler system was fully synced w/ the new toddler gameplay. My butler seems to ignore the messes related to toddlers.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    It happens to me as well. also, when they take food from the fridge they're standing IN FRONT of the fridge door which also bugs me because then no one else can get food...

Yes, that's an old thing returned. I hate it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Right now my mc commander is broken again. Every time they update, it happens. I have to pull it out and put it all back again. Some of my mirrors are broken too.

What's broken in MCCC for you? And do you have last night's update?
    Re. mirrors, Sims 4 Studio has a batch update for those now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »

This is such a pain. It seems that in their efforts to tone down musical chairs they went overboard and now Sims don't want to sit at all, to eat or watch tv or anything, lol. Similar problem with coffee, my Sims want to grab a cup and then just stand in front of the coffee maker drinking it like a robot. They used to always go find a place to sit and drink or eat, I miss that because it made my Sims feel more alive.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited February 2017
    And what's up with sims having to get up and walk behind the bar to pick up a plate of food that was right in front of 'em.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2017
    I wonder sometimes if these bugs go unnoticed because they don't necessarily play with all the content installed, so when they test the patches, it's less taxing? Maybe there's no link at all, idk enough about this, but I noticed they didn't have CL installed when showing us the vamp GP - so maybe some of the bugs aren't apparent to them right away because they interfere with one or another mechanic introduced by another EP/GP/SP?
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I wonder sometimes if these bugs go unnoticed because they don't necessarily play with all the content installed, so when they test the patches, it's less taxing? Maybe there's no link at all, idk enough about this, but I noticed they didn't have CL installed when showing us the vamp GP - so maybe some of the bugs aren't apparent to them right away because they interfere with one or another mechanic introduced by another EP/GP/SP?

They are testing with cross-pack configurations too according to SimGuruMegs on Reddit :
    We do have a pretty large QA team that does a combination of manual and automated testing. The testing difficulties with different pack configurations has always been a challenge for the Sims, though developing in all these different branches is a new thing for Sims 4.
    Our branches are set up like a chain, where the one that is closest to ship are the closest to the main line, and the ones further down the line contain all the code and data from the previous packs (including the unreleased ones.) Our QA team is constantly testing on all the branches. So they're always testing how cross-pack configurations work.

I think some of the bugs may have been noticed but not considered major enough to delay the release. Putting the plate in the inventory instead of eating is annoying for example, but it's not annoying enough to give up the toddlers for me :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Neia wrote: »

They are testing with cross-pack configurations too according to SimGuruMegs on Reddit :
    We do have a pretty large QA team that does a combination of manual and automated testing. The testing difficulties with different pack configurations has always been a challenge for the Sims, though developing in all these different branches is a new thing for Sims 4.
    Our branches are set up like a chain, where the one that is closest to ship are the closest to the main line, and the ones further down the line contain all the code and data from the previous packs (including the unreleased ones.) Our QA team is constantly testing on all the branches. So they're always testing how cross-pack configurations work.

I think some of the bugs may have been noticed but not considered major enough to delay the release. Putting the plate in the inventory instead of eating is annoying for example, but it's not annoying enough to give up the toddlers for me :)

I would consider putting a plate of food in inventory when commanding a Sim to 'cook' a major gameplay change. But it might be on purpose because Sims can 'feed food from inventory' new action to toddlers. So, maybe they are now always prepared...even if they don't have any toddlers. Which that sort of blanket gameplay happens all the time in TS4. Interaction Menus for Sims that shouldn't even be able to perform them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I would consider putting a plate of food in inventory when commanding a Sim to 'cook' a major gameplay change. But it might be on purpose because Sims can 'feed food from inventory' new action to toddlers. So, maybe they are now always prepared...even if they don't have any toddlers. Which that sort of blanket gameplay happens all the time in TS4. Interaction Menus for Sims that shouldn't even be able to perform them.

Except that when a plate of food is automatically taken, you cannot add birthday candles, so no Happy Birthday for your Sim.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

But it's not gamebreaking, annoying yes, but you can still play. What I meant is that some of the bugs are so widespread (like the plate thing), I'm doubtful the QA team hasn't spotted them. But noticing the bug isn't all it takes to fix it. Bugs are assigned a priority depending on how impactful they are (gamebreaking, major, minor, etc), and then as many bugs as possible are reproduced/fixed/tested based on that priority before release. They probably won't delay a release for a minor bug.

Then there are other bugs which are not so widespread (like the waterslide graphical glitch that only happened with some graphic cards, or the overlapping festival), and these may not have been noticed by the QA team because there's no way they are going to have as many different PC configurations as the players, and play as many hours as all the playerbase combined.
  • Options
    nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 100 Member
    I'm having a strange problem with coffeemakers. When my sims make coffee, they grab a cup, put it down, and won't drink it. The interaction to drink it won't show up. However, my sim made tea the other day and was able to drink it. And sometimes when my sims cook, they grab a serving and put it in their inventory for no reason.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    There is a mod on modthesims to temporarily fix the grab plate of food. This was driving me crazy as well.
  • Options
    HozrienHozrien Posts: 139 Member
    I know of one problem, which I've fixed with a mod, is the fact Sims have been standing behind the couch/sitting area instead of sitting in it and the fact I literally had to add something to fix it - kind of makes me side eye.