Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wow, tioddlers... I can't believe we finally got them! So how are they??

I haven't played in a few months because my computer became so slow before the city expansion.... going to have to look for a gaming computer after paying off Christmas. So, what does everyone think about the way toddlers came out

Comments

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited January 2017
    Totally shocked that we got them for free. I think not only was it awesome they sprung it on us unexpectedly, except it might have been better if they had told us they were working on them due to the rancor on these forums for the past 2 years +. on the other hand having it not only be free and a total surprise I think made the coming even more spectacular. I have to say though that not only was it incredible they didn't milk us for the toddlers which people would have thrown their money at them to have them :p, but they are very fleshed out and very well done. They are the best ever in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    But they are very fleshed out and very well done. They are the best ever in my humble opinion.

Yeah I definitely agree! They are so much more fun to play with, mainly because they can look after themselves a lot more than they could in The Sims 2 and 3! I definitely prefer this generation's versions of toddlers, and for a game that has always been criticised for the past 2 years of being lack lustre and lazy - that is saying something!!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    They're fantastic! They have a lot of nice items and interactions, and they have some very distinct traits and developing skills really helps them mature. It's amazing that they're finally here. :smiley:
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Way better than in TS3, this coming from someone who couldn't stand toddlers. I am very impressed. They learn to use 'their' potty very fast, talking is another thing, that still takes awhile. BUT, they can get their own food if it is out on a counter or table.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Toddlers? Man, that's so last week! We got Vampires now!

Joking, the toddlers are VERY cool and very well done. Just adorable and pretty much like toddlers. I honestly think they are the best of the entire Sims series to date and a high point of the 4th iteration.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    They are maximum adorableness.

Unique and detailed to the point that they make the other age life stages look bad by comparison; which is meant as a compliment, though I don't think it quite sounds like one. :tongue:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    They are wonderful, absolutely wonderful.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Toddlers are really great. This is Maxis's best work yet imho.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Triplis wrote: »

Unique and detailed to the point that they make the other age life stages look bad by comparison; which is meant as a compliment, though I don't think it quite sounds like one. :tongue:

Just emphasizes the need for a Generations-type pack to expand the other age stages. Maybe even shows what they can do when given enough time to go in depth.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    These toddlers are quite awesome. I was ambivalent about them before they dropped, because I never cared for them in 2 and especially 3. But I love these ones. I like that they are more realistic - they have tantrums, they can wander off, the reactions of parents to them being naughty are also realistic. They also have several skills to hit instead of three, and they can do things on their own to level up their skills. They are really well-done and I enjoy them a lot.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    AWESOMENESS wrapped up in so much cuteness that my CPU melted
    heaven help us all when toddlers and pets get together
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Triplis wrote: »

Just emphasizes the need for a Generations-type pack to expand the other age stages. Maybe even shows what they can do when given enough time to go in depth.
    Agreed.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Lindz2006Lindz2006 Posts: 86 Member
    I love my toddlers!!! I can not get enough of them :)
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Like many others in this thread have stated, they are awesome. Beautifully done and a complete and happy surprise. Even people who didn't really care about them are in love with the adorable little tykes. All I have are serious kudos for the EA/Maxis team for them. <3
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    I've gotten back into the game thanx to them adding them, i woudn't have otherwise.