Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

urgh i am not that great at building :(

so yeah the houses that are premade in the new vampire pack are just not exactly for me but the issue i have now is i am not that great at building however i want things custom made for me except i cant create anything good right now not for a lack of ideas just my ideas do not seem to be what i want and are more based on what other people want. if that makes any sense.

Comments

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    so yeah the houses that are premade in the new vampire pack are just not exactly for me but the issue i have now is i am not that great at building however i want things custom made for me except i cant create anything good right now not for a lack of ideas just my ideas do not seem to be what i want and are more based on what other people want. if that makes any sense.

That's perfectly okay, neither am I.
  • Options
    wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    Same, I'm not the greatest at building I've been keeping it simple lately so it seems to be working better, just start off simple and work your way up! ^-^
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    urgh i am not that great at building
    Neither are 28.6% of people on the Gallery.

Some people cannot even place windows at a correct height.
    *cough*
    Maxis
    *cough*
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    You get better at building by building. Go gettem!
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    @t brendhan21,AshtontoAshton22,Wiredhanna67 please don't say that about yourselves guys okay.
    both nieces weren't good at building their sims house but I told them to take their time and practice building their sims houses and here what we did to make good sims homes ,We made sure the volume was turn down and our house was quite and we sign do not disturb by end of the month both my nieces made great sims houses for their Sims
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    HBK19HBK19 Posts: 14 New Member
    Im terrible too. Which is why I always look at the community creations.
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    @brendhan21 What exactly are you looking for? Also you could download a bunch of rooms you like and piece together a house.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    The problem I have is that the homes I build are just passable, but to be honest, I have very little patience for building, so I tend to rush them, and it really shows!
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I'd just like to give you a word of encouragement OP. Build yourself a simple house that you are happy with and don't worry about whether it suits anyone else's needs. You will get better over time. I build mostly small starter homes and usually post them on the gallery however they are built for my needs. If someone downloads it and finds it useful that's great. If not it still fulfilled its purpose..pleasing myself. Anyway, I encourage you to keep trying. Also if you told us what you were wanting perhaps someone could build something for you to test out.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member

Me too, but i keep trying to build and i end up making pretty little house in my opinion.
    So just keep practicing :)
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    JaciJade wrote: »
    I'd just like to give you a word of encouragement OP. Build yourself a simple house that you are happy with and don't worry about whether it suits anyone else's needs. You will get better over time. I build mostly small starter homes and usually post them on the gallery however they are built for my needs. If someone downloads it and finds it useful that's great. If not it still fulfilled its purpose..pleasing myself. Anyway, I encourage you to keep trying. Also if you told us what you were wanting perhaps someone could build something for you to test out.

well its like right now i am trying to build a mannsion for my vampire sims i want to test out but the issue i have is i also want a small garden to make plasma furits and the house to be able to be suitable for at least 2 vampires and several non vampires who would be really slaves more then anything really like there main focus would be going to work and that is about it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm not a great builder. I find it helps to find pictures of something similar to what you want to build and try to copy it. Or download a house that has some of the qualities you want and then edit it more to your own requirements. Downloading well made homes also helps improve your own skills as you can then see how talented people have gone about creating something fantastic and pick up some tips.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I can't build either, so don't feel down. You're not the only one. :) What I did was move that single Vampire out and moved my Vampire into his house, so that's an idea if you're stuck for a spooky home.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I'm not that good but I always build my own homes. I could try building one for u and putting it onto the gallery when I get the pack to ur liking
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

If you look online for free floor plans many of them can be converted to TS4 builds. I do that a lot. If you find one you like, I could try to build it for you, if you want.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    I can't build either, so don't feel down. You're not the only one. :) What I did was move that single Vampire out and moved my Vampire into his house, so that's an idea if you're stuck for a spooky home.

i tired that and the house is okay it just feels odd like its missing something i cant fully explain.
  • Options
    Piperbird wrote: »

If you look online for free floor plans many of them can be converted to TS4 builds. I do that a lot. If you find one you like, I could try to build it for you, if you want.

thanks i think it was you i actually noticed you help improve one of my other houses a bit before i would actually kind of like that.
  • Options
    MadalineMadaline Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not that good at building either. The thing is though, I used to be a lot worse! I suggest looking at floor plans or just messing around making buildings. You could also purchase a house that is unfurnished and add onto what you don't like.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @brendhan21 - don't bite off more than you can chew. Building takes practice. Start small and work your way up.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

I'm not that good at building. In my game I'm playing now, I took the farmhouse design from stardew valley and made a farm on my lot. I put the plants where I have them in my stardew valley game and built a barn. I then put a cowplant in front and fenced him in with a gate.

Here is the lot. It's a night time upload but you should be able to see the build.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DDA5BCBAE2AE11E6806FCC1F570176B5
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,103 Member
    Madaline wrote: »
    I'm not that good at building either. The thing is though, I used to be a lot worse! I suggest looking at floor plans or just messing around making buildings. You could also purchase a house that is unfurnished and add onto what you don't like.

I think this is a great idea!! Taking pictures on your phone when your walking around is a fun way to get exterior shots of buildings that you are inspired by too. Floor plans are an awesome idea.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Keep on practicing. Sometimes, you just have to sit down and think about what you want. I have a hard time thinking of what I want to build too so what I like to watch speed builds to get some inspiration. I wasn't very good at building but from watching loads of speed builds, I have definitely improved and now I can build a house really fast cuz it's becoming second nature to me. Maybe you should try that too.

You could also download builds from the Gallery and plop in your game and look at how the creator has built stuff. Every builder is different and you will be able to learn a lot of things from doing that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I wouldn't say I'm an amazing builder but I think it's probably my favourite part of the game. My advice would be to build your rooms with dimensions that are divisible by 2 or 3 (so a room of 12x12, or 10x10, or 10x6, or has alcoves of 2-3 squares) - the reason for this is that most objects like sofas, windows etc are either 2 or 3 squares wide, so if you want to ensure your build looks neat and complete, it makes sense to build around those specifications. I built a mansion last night for my vampire and the new decor is just brilliant - can't wait to build an even bigger one at the weekend ^_^
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited January 2017
    I really wanted to have a castle on a certain lot in Windenburg. I found some nice ones in the gallery, but they weren't what I was looking for really. I thought I couldn't build a castle myself (they're so huge and complex), but then the news of the vampire pack inspired me and I decided to give it a try. I started with googling some pictures of real castles and watching roof building videos on youtube. It took me a couple of days to get most of it done and then some more for the final touches and editing. https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2D0E72F1E26F11E6841F7F06F4DCE2C8

My advice would be try to make it small, keep it to as few floors as you can and plan it on a small lot. The biggest lot I've ever built was 30x40 lot, usually I aim for smaller. Even if you manage to make the exterior look nice it can be difficult to find a purpose to all rooms. Also give yourself the time needed. When I start building a medium size home I know it's gonna take two days at least until I'm happy with it.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    edited January 2017
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    Madaline wrote: »

I think this is a great idea!! Taking pictures on your phone when your walking around is a fun way to get exterior shots of buildings that you are inspired by too. Floor plans are an awesome idea.

I always feel creepy doing it, but if you see a house you like on the street, I use google maps street view to check it when I build. I feel kind of stalkery, but it's the best I can get because I can't really take a pic with my phone when I am driving by the house!
    Post edited by Piperbird on
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png