Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you guys delete the ugly sims in your town??

Comments

• Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    You know what I like most about Sims, they don't care what another Sim looks like they judge by behavior and actions. You can make the most outlandish looking, shaped Sims every and match them up with what could be a super model in our world and they will be crazy about each other. It is wonderful. It is nearly as good as meeting and getting to know people online and liking them even when you don't know how big they are or what they look like. I have said this so many times, but my most odd Sims for some reason end up being my favorite a lot of the time. And I like to add a big nose or tiny ears or something to each Sim, so they aren't quite perfect. Aren't The Sims great.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited October 2014
    @SimSara, I like the Mia Wallace sim in your avatar. Nice job capturing her likeness!

I miss the attraction system of Sims 3. I liked letting my sims decide who they liked and wanted to date. In Sims 4, the same criteria are instead used to decide who has great compatibility with your sim in the woohoo department.

So, now you don't get to know who's a great match for your sim until they've already woohooed, and you sort of have to pick and choose who your sims date based on your own preferences. And my preferences may not match those of my sims, because they aren't me.

Sims 4 may be a bit more realistic in this regard, but I think Sims 3 had a better attraction/compatibility system.
  • Options
    EsotericRogueEsotericRogue Posts: 153 Member
    I am not an ugly-ist.
    tumblr_m63nqrB4u71qbkq4po1_r1_250.gif

Streaming at http://www.hitbox.tv/eRogue (Twitch sucks now.)
  • Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    I delete the same-(y) faced, generic rolled out townies. You know, the men generated with the boxy faces, eyes really close together, looking like a caricature of Ryan Seacrest? Also the generated women who look like some Betty Boop or a Disney princess. I like realistic looking Sims, attractive or not the ones generated by the game engine do not fit my aesthetic.
  • Options
    BoomChikaBoomPowBoomChikaBoomPow Posts: 79 Member
    Why delete them? Is that necessary? You don't have to procreate with them.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    nope lol
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2017
    No. I sometimes give them makeovers though.
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    Yes, sometimes I go through my townies and delete the ugly ones.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Nope, I like the variety..however I really miss the stylist career where I could give sims makeovers and get paid for it.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Nope. I edit or replace them with my own created sims lol.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I just take them into create a sim, however it does get quite often that I have to do it.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    No, I aggressively change them in CAS. Usually 'cause they're generated for certain roles.
    If they're just there for no reason, I usually delete them regardless of looks.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Why would you do that? You want to kill the beautiful people in your town?? Sims are needed for Sim expiring enjoyment, and who better than the ugly ones lol
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Yep, without a moments hesitation.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Nope, I like the variety..however I really miss the stylist career where I could give sims makeovers and get paid for it.

That WAS a fun career!
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    No, I just don't procreate with them.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    What's with all the necro-threads lately?
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    What's with all the necro-threads lately?

Dunno, I'm just bored so I'm commenting anyway. :/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    LOL..I thought I was the only one who did something like that. But I don't delete them, I usually use the cas.fulleditmode cheat on them and "beautify" them.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Only time I delete townies is when there are too many.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    to much work i pretend i didn't see any strange looking sims wearing strange looking hats ^^
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I now feel like a horrible person.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I never delete any of the sims that my game makes. I do use the MC mod to make sure I don't get a town full of morbidly obese sims. If I'm in the mood, or they are horribly dressed, I will give them a make over, and a new hair style, but I never change their faces. I prefer to have diversity in my game, instead of a bunch of cookie cutter sims running around.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I just let them be. Sometimes I have a good chuckle and think "I sure hope that one doesn't procreate".
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    REDMAVENREDMAVEN Posts: 57 Member
    I don't delete my sims, because often the townies have rich family histories or generations and I like to get that going in my game too. But I admit, I do kick on the cheats on occasion and do a cas.fulleditmode cheat. I wish I could be a purist, but the power to control is too tempting (muahaha!) for me to pass up.

Also, I started a workout club for chubby sims. After City Living came out, there was too much good food for my neighborhood sims to pass up. My sim was on the road to an unhealthy lifestyle of eating junk food and playing video games all weekend. (Really, do as I say, not as I do!) Not that I could blame her. I blame myself, for encouraging her to learn the new recipes and pick up some chopstick skills. Besides, who can resist those red velvet cupcakes?