Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Um, what?

aobaob Posts: 904 Member
So there are rumors about pets being the newest expansion pack.

Um, what?

I really want pets - trust me, I do. But expansion pack? There is no way in hell I am going to pay 40 dollars for pets. That's way too much. Game pack? Sure! Stuff pack? Even better! But expansion pack? Hell no. Honestly, I think pets should be free in a patch, just like toddlers. But that's just my opinion - thoughts?

edit: i was not a sims 3 player, so i did not know that pets was an expansion pack. my bad. however, i still think that 40 dollars is too much for pets.
8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Pets would never be a SP. We don't know if it's gonna be a GP or EP, but it's always been an EP so our guess is that, but some people think it will be a GP.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Seems reasonable to me if its fleshed out. Maybe get a parttime job on the side?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    By the time it takes them to get around to releasing it you will have counted up enough pennies trust me.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Pets have always been an EP. That's a whole lotta content and work for the devs. Toddlers were an update because well, we've never had to pay for them. Give the amount of items and scripting involved, I would expect pets to come as a separate EP. Otherwise, we would get what we pay for...which wouldn't be much.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Pets have never been base game content, they have always been paid content - unlike toddlers. Asking for them for free is unfair. They take so much time and money to make and animate, an EP is just fine for pets. If you want pets in a GP then expect to buy a cats GP and a dog GP separately.
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Pets has always been an expansion pack, so I got no issues with that.

Plus Pets includes completely new animations, textures, structure, mesh, voice, effects, gameplay. They have to create them from scratch as there is nothing in Sims 4 that they can build from, like they could with vampires or toddlers for example. Everything is new, everything has to be built from the beginning. That's way more work and resources needed than what you get in a Game Pack, so I think its fine they want a bit more money for all that work.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I do not care which one it is, I got no problem buying them, cause I Luv My Fur Babies, I am just hoping they add in Japanese Chin's even, :)
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    By the time it takes them to get around to releasing it you will have counted up enough pennies trust me.

Let's hope it won't take forever
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Pets has always been an expansion pack to the games. I would pay 40 dollars for it but thats just me. I don't think they should free at all to be honest with you. Same goes for seasons.
  • Options
    dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    >:)

I thought Toddlers would be an expansion but it was free. Do not expect everything to be free.

I am fine paying 40$ for a Pets EP. We got a big treat getting a free update already.

>:)
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Just reading the descriptions, I'm not overly confident that Pets is going to be much good this time around. It was great in Sims 2. I admit that I found it to be one of the weaker EPs in Sims 3.

I really hope it is an expansion pack again, because I don't see them adding more than one type of pet into a GP (and they're unlikely to be any more fleshed out). There's no problem with Pets being an EP, they've done it in every past game.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Let's wait and see what's what before we decide , well , anything. Ok , that's just me - you guys do whatever. I wouldn't mind having a cat around a household or more ( more of coarse ) but I'm not gonna hold my breath for it and we also have no idea what's coming with it when and if we do get a Pets "thing".
  • Options
    Just reading the descriptions, I'm not overly confident that Pets is going to be much good this time around. It was great in Sims 2. I admit that I found it to be one of the weaker EPs in Sims 3.

I really hope it is an expansion pack again, because I don't see them adding more than one type of pet into a GP (and they're unlikely to be any more fleshed out). There's no problem with Pets being an EP, they've done it in every past game.

I didn't like how the pets were considered household members. Like if I have a horse that counted as one of my 8 members. Seemed unrealistic. They don't even live in my house!
  • Options

I didn't like how the pets were considered household members. Like if I have a horse that counted as one of my 8 members. Seemed unrealistic. They don't even live in my house!

I don't know I consider pets part of the family, plus I like to have some control over them
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

I don't know I consider pets part of the family, plus I like to have some control over them

People sleep with cats and dogs in the bed so I can understand that. But horses? Who takes family portraits with their horses? Lol. That should've been separate in my opinion. I did like them though.
  • Options

People sleep with cats and dogs in the bed so I can understand that. But horses? Who takes family portraits with their horses? Lol. That should've been separate in my opinion. I did like them though.

Yeah horses are kind of weird, like taking care of their needs. I wouldn't like them to be objects though. I wish they could be part of the household but like not count as part of the 8 household members like maybe it would be good to have a certain amount of humans and a certain amount of pets. I mean there are mods that allow 16 household members. It's crazy! But with pets it's pretty doable
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    aob wrote: »
    So there are rumors about pets being the newest expansion pack.

Um, what?

I really want pets - trust me, I do. But expansion pack? There is no way in plum I am going to pay 40 dollars for pets. That's way too much. Game pack? Sure! Stuff pack? Even better! But expansion pack? plum no. Honestly, I think pets should be free in a patch, just like toddlers. But that's just my opinion - thoughts?

edit: i was not a sims 3 player, so i did not know that pets was an expansion pack. my bad. however, i still think that 40 dollars is too much for pets.

It's ALWAYS an expansion pack and it's ALWAYS 40 bucks....not seeing where the outrage is?
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    Let's wait and see what's what before we decide , well , anything. Ok , that's just me - you guys do whatever. I wouldn't mind having a cat around a household or more ( more of coarse ) but I'm not gonna hold my breath for it and we also have no idea what's coming with it when and if we do get a Pets "thing".

I'd agree with that. Remember this time last week with all the talk about how lame vampires were going to be? Wait and see.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I'd agree with that. Remember this time last week with all the talk about how lame vampires were going to be? Wait and see.

I like the vampires we got, but it's still subjective
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    For the amount of work it takes to create pets, objects for them, and to make them compatible with everything else, as long as they're fully fleshed out and well-done, then I'm fine with paying for a $40 Pets EP. A $20 GP, maybe. But in an SP, or even for free? I highly doubt that would happen, and if it did by any chance, I don't think it would be worth it.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I like the vampires we got, but it's still subjective

Okay, then the vampires are lame. Pets will be too. There, just saved you $60 US. Thank me by naming your largest in-game building after me. Put a statue out front too.