Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We've got toddlers, but what about...

Okay, okay, so for six months I've stopped playing TS4 because a) it was trashing my VAIO laptop which is by no means built to run such a beautiful game, b) I have been addicted since I was nine years old and I could not. Stop. Playing. and c) I have to focus on school and studies.
However.
For almost three years now, I have been vocally begging EA to bring out toddlers, so now they have, BAM, literally breaking my laptop and have been playing the past twelve hours of the day (not even joking)

BUT

Without coming across greedy (I am so grateful for the little tots being in my game! :heart: ), now we've got toddlers, I'm wondering if they will do anything about teens, or possibly preteens.
These are also suggestions that have been floating around these past two years, and now they can/have introduced the new lifestage, might we see them do it again? Do you want it?
I know I would love it if our beloved teens got a bit more teen-unique interactions, or if they shrunk down (let's be fair, when you were thirteen were you as tall as your uncle?), or if instead of changing the teens, we got pre-teens (would that not solve all our problems?!)

What do you think? Comment your thoughts below!

Happy Simming o:)
toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member
    Well, all I ask is that they make teens actually look like teens. As it is now, teens, young adults, and adults are indistinguishable since they are all the same height.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    If I had to choose between them re-doing teens or adding pre-teens,I think I'd rather them add pre-teens. I like the teens as they are. I know a lot of people don't and I can totally understand why. If they do add pre-teens though,they would probably have to re-work a lot of stuff...like the age spans,number of traits,stuff like that.

But if they did just re-do the teens...even making them slightly shorter would mean having to re-animate the entire life stage. So I don't know. Realistically,I think the best course of action would be for them to add more stuff for teens that are limited to just teens. Like acne,crushes,after school activities,prom/school dances,etc. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the future :)
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    Well, all I ask is that they make teens actually look like teens. As it is now, teens, young adults, and adults are indistinguishable since they are all the same height.

I agree that they look kinda indistinguishable, but if it's too hard to change their height (or make a height scroller thingymajigy) then I think adding in new interactions and gameplay unique for teens would be cool too o:)
  • Options
    If I had to choose between them re-doing teens or adding pre-teens,I think I'd rather them add pre-teens. I like the teens as they are. I know a lot of people don't and I can totally understand why. If they do add pre-teens though,they would probably have to re-work a lot of stuff...like the age spans,number of traits,stuff like that.

But if they did just re-do the teens...even making them slightly shorter would mean having to re-animate the entire life stage. So I don't know. Realistically,I think the best course of action would be for them to add more stuff for teens that are limited to just teens. Like acne,crushes,after school activities,prom/school dances,etc. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the future :)

I really like the stuff you said (I put it in bold for reference :lol: )
    But maybe, to solve the preteens number of traits, they could add preteen-only traits (like the ones used for toddlers) but a few that would show what kind of phase they're going through, so perhaps the trait they chose as a child and then stuff like emo, shy, loud, drama queen, etc which would play a huge part in their personality of the time, and I think that would be really relatable because so many people go/went through phases in the preteen era :smiley:
  • Options
    WenniepennieWenniepennie Posts: 61 Member
    No, I don't want preteens. I do want them to do something about the teens, though. Maybe change their height (I know there's a mod for that but I don't want a game-breaking mod like that in my game) and more teen interactions. Because right now, they're just young adults without the "let's make kids" part.
  • Options
    alsvalsv Posts: 36 Member
    Pre-teens would be nice! Maybe in Generations?
  • Options
    alsv wrote: »

I think it would be cool for a generations EP, but I wouldn't want to purchase the lifestage, I'd want it to be a pre-EP patch :relaxed:
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I agree.

they did them in freeplay.

they were on one of the sims 4 surveys.
    if we did have proper teen I could live without.

preteens and updated newborns/teens would be amazing.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

I agree.

they did them in freeplay.

they were on one of the sims 4 surveys.
    if we did have proper teen I could live without.

preteens and updated newborns/teens would be amazing.

20406225705_242645724d_q.jpg

This was a Sims 4 Survey, do you think they've thought about preteens, knowing they've been in forums discussions before?
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I honestly just want generations in general. Toddlers feel so much better than child and teen stage, that I'm addicted to this improvement now and want more of it :D