Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers and Restaurants?

For those of you who have the "Dine Out" game pack, I was just wondering if anyone has noticed whether or not toddlers can go to restaurants with the family and eat there as well? And if it's possible, will a high chair be provided or will I need to place a high chair with a table? I'm just curious.
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    I'm guessing we'll have to place high chairs to some tables... I'll have to test this out.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I was wondering this, too. After I eat, I plan to put a couple high chairs in a restaurant and take my tot out with the family to eat. I mainly just want to know if toddlers can eat with us.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I would try and see for myself, but I'm not able to get on my PC right now because my sister's currently using it... lol
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I thought I had read that toddlers couldn't go to restaurants, when that happened they went to day care. I may be wrong.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Ohh good question, I hope they can, it would be cute if they can use the drawing mats as well :)
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I'm *guessing* as long as you place a high chair (they can now be placed as a regular chair and paired with a table), it *should* be doable. If it's not included, it shouldn't be too hard to add it in a future patch or even mod it in.
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    I haven't tried with the toddler as i forgot to add her to the group, so i just let her play next to my table which i thought was cute. would like to know if they can sit at the table and order.

16002901_10210948183797128_8533584974857958374_n.jpg?oh=c538cb11de1b772b14b325efb243aef0&oe=590D16BE
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2017
    I thought I had read that toddlers couldn't go to restaurants, when that happened they went to day care. I may be wrong.

Yup, this is true.

knV3FNA.png

EDIT: You can bring them back to the lot, add them to a group, and select request a table, however, it will break the group for the duration of your Sim dining, and reopen it once they give up their table.
  • Options
    I haven't tried with the toddler as i forgot to add her to the group, so i just let her play next to my table which i thought was cute. would like to know if they can sit at the table and order.

16002901_10210948183797128_8533584974857958374_n.jpg?oh=c538cb11de1b772b14b325efb243aef0&oe=590D16BE

How did you get your toddler to go to the restaurant? It seems other people's toddlers are getting sent to daycare.
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member

How did you get your toddler to go to the restaurant? It seems other people's toddlers are getting sent to daycare.

at first it sent her home and then i just clicked on her to bring her to the lot and just made her walk to where my sim was sitting, she isn't actually part of the table and cant order. but people do this in real life and let them sit on the floor so i thought it was a cool idea.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

You can select the arrow in the corner of their picture within the UI, and bring them to the lot. It still won't allow them to dine.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Thanks! So it's technically possible to have toddlers visit restaurants. So...maybe we can still place a high chair at the table and have the sim parent click on it, select "give food" and choose one of the premade toddler meals that come with the high chairs (peas, sandwich, etc.). After all, I think people don't usually order food for their toddlers at restaurants, but they bring their own food from home instead. Otherwise, I'll just bring toddlers along, sit them on the chair and let them play with the tablet lol
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    A bit of a bummer but hey, it's just the start. Things as said could get patched in or even modded. Just gotta give it time. :) For now, I can always think some of the more upper crust restaurants are those that ban toddlers. They do exist.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    Thanks! So it's technically possible to have toddlers visit restaurants. So...maybe we can still place a high chair at the table and have the sim parent click on it, select "give food" and choose one of the premade toddler meals that come with the high chairs (peas, sandwich, etc.). After all, I think people don't usually order food for their toddlers at restaurants, but they bring their own food from home instead.
    Sounds totally doable to me.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Well, that's kinda disappointing, but not a huge deal breaker. I guess I can live with not having my toddlers dine out with the family... lol It's no big deal. I was just wondering if they could.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I did it! :)

01_13_17_1_58_21_AM.png

So this is what you need to do:

1. Go to a restaurant
    2. Bring the toddler to the lot
    3. Have a sim put the toddler on the high chair and select "give food" (the toddler will autonomously eat the food but you can cancel the action and wait for the rest of the family)
    4. Have your sim request the table with the high chair
    5. Enjoy a family meal!

If the high chair is paired with the table the toddler can interact with the family (be in the same conversation).