Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They still haven't learned from their mistakes :/?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    RoomouseRoomouse Posts: 99 Member
    I realize they haven't shown us much yet. Perhaps we'll know a little more tomorrow. But for those simmer buddies of mine I did make this point earlier today: Even if you don't like vampires, well, maybe this could be one more step towards another life state such as toddlers. It looks to me also in the pre-trailer that the trees are different, and I think I saw a new plant in the quarterly teaser. Perhaps something from those could provide information the EA team could use to develop or improve a seasons pack. I also noticed in the pre-trailer that there are new hairstyles, the clothes he is wearing remind me of the costumes from "Interview with a Vampire", and the house and graveyard in the backgroud remind me of the Goth styled TS3 pack (forgive me I have a headache so my language is off). These things and the trees remind me of Bela Lugosi Dracula films, and many movies and shows since then. The eyes are different than what we currently have, the teeth are nice, and I love how he goes from normal appearance to a complete Vamp look. What I am trying to say is, even if you are not a fan of Vampires, or would prefer other supernatural life states (if we don't get them), then perhaps there might be a benefit in the long run for testing and information gathering towards those other packs. And who knows, maybe someone might suggest something after this pack comes out that will help EA come up with a different pack we haven't thought of yet. I'm curious just for tiny changes even.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited January 2017
    I am not sure what to think at this point, I wish to see what tomorrow brings before I make any judgement's bout the new pack, :)
    P.S. I still Luv that Llama, :)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    @Wulfsimmer we have no ideas what the gamepack will be until it is actualy played and no more complaints from me might try out the vampires they might even be better than sims2 sims3 so not closing the door even have a story in planing in my mind that involves a vampire.

Welcome to our supernatural Sims club. We're so glad you decided to join us. Cookie? :D
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited January 2017
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I know for a fact not 'everything' will be backdrops but most of it will probably be. For example, we literally ONLY saw 2 seconds of the world and we already see much of it will be backdrops and we only saw 1 LOT!

man this just a gif a background for the sim to animate in, wait till the trailer is out
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2017
    LiELF wrote: »
    That's not what I see...

I see a big, old Victorian house, a graveyard in the background, a possible iron fence, and gargoyle statues. I think they are going to be in a destination world similar to Outdoor Retreat, but that would mean new build/buy objects. I don't think it's just background.

The house isn't really victorian it's more like gothic architecture.
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Not even the trailer posted yet and I am already in the disappointment state. The teaser showcased a small portion of the world and what seems from it, it is all background again :/ It looks like the vampire was on a house lot ajd everything behind was just background >.>

I know we only saw one lot covered by a vampire and we didn't see anything but that doesn't look good. It will look like another case of City Living with little gameplay and accessible lots and everthing else is just background decoration to give it that 'spooky' vibe which I highly doubt it will be with those plum toontown clouds.

Worlds will always be backgroundy rest assured. I'd like to know however how big is this Forgotten Hollow (which does sound cool) and what new venues and objects does it include.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited January 2017
    Without the backdrops, my immersion would break, so I'm personally grateful that they pay attention to that particular detail.

I think they did it best in Windenburg; there was plenty of detailed world, along with the backdrops. It comes across as a big world (in my opinion). I wasn't too impressed when it came to San Myshuno, though. While the backdrops are beautiful, the world and its districts just feel too small to me. It's very restricting, seemingly smaller than all of the other worlds and their neighborhoods.

But as for "Forgotten Hollow", which I'm assuming to be the new world, I'm saving most of my judgement until I see the trailer. For me, I think my impression will depend on whether it turns out to be a full world like the base ones and the ones that came with GT and CL, or "half" worlds like the ones that came with GTW and OR.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Without the backdrops, my immersion would break, so I'm personally grateful that they pay attention to that particular detail.

I think they did it best in Windenburg; there was plenty of detailed world, along with the backdrops. It comes across as a big world (in my opinion). I wasn't too impressed when it came to San Myshuno, though. While the backdrops are beautiful, the world and its districts just feel too small to me. It's very restricting, seemingly smaller than all of the other worlds and their neighborhoods.

But as for "Forgotten Hollow", which I'm assuming to be the new world, I'm saving most of my judgement until I see the trailer. For me, I think my impression will depend on whether it turns out to be a full world like the base ones and the ones that came with GT and CL, or "half" worlds like the ones that came with GTW and OR.

You also have to keep in mind that it's a city world, and cities are cramped irl.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    @DeservedCriticism
    The backdrop/playable area is the least of my concern. For me, it's about what vampires can do. Early on a powers system was alluded to, and potentially it has five different sets of powers. This could either mean that a vampire can get 25 different powers or there's five "breeds" of vampire, both of which would justify the fact that we're paying $20 for something that used to come in an expansion. If they're in a $20 game pack but they're by far the most detailed and diverse life state we've ever gotten, then that's a good deal, right? The game pack just puts them in a smaller pack that people won't feel bad about passing up on if they don't like this kind of content.

I agree ... I'm really going to pay attention to the level of detail that they put in to making the life state.
    ....But what if the powers are the same old "ur sim gets a +1 happy moodlet for 3 hours when they do X?" Then we've got a problem. A serious problem. Then we've got a case of a lifestate more or less being packaged behind a $20 pricetag with absolutely zero meaningful depth behind them to actually warrant this jump in price over past iterations. What's worse, their last couple packs involved a city, a butler and vampires...we got all of those in a Sims 3 pack. ONE pack for about half the price we'd have to spend now.

I kind of have a feeling that they may ultimately just do the "+1 moodlet" stuff ... which would be a huge let down. I don't even like vampires, but I want to see how competent their team is at bringing their ideas to fruition. After CL, I was entirely disappointed; I thought that DO was a positive sign, but CL ultimately ended up disappointing. That being said, I believe that their GP's may actually be improving over the EP's. The GP's have impressed me way more than the EP's, which is a shame. I want them to focus so much more on EP's. Imagine if they impressed us with an EP rather than a GP or SP? That would be huge. The extra DLC is nice, but I really think that the 'meat' of this franchise should be the EP's.
    To me? This is do or die time.

For me it was CL, LOL ... I'm not as invested in the franchise any more.
    I actually suggested such a powers system on this very forum, so I'm happy to see elements of the same concept, whether it be pure coincidence or someone read my post. For me, such a system has potential for a lot of gameplay and diversity amongst sims. Powers could be akin to traits, just more about what a sim can do instead of how they tend to act, but irregardless both are welcome. If we saw such a system, I think that would be an excellent first step towards improving this game. If that's NOT what happens and the system is either nothing like I perceive it to be or it's completely underwhelming and forgettable, then I honestly see no reason to continue bothering with this franchise.

The focus of the pack is the vampires themselves. My advice would be to focus on that and scrutinize that more. The setting was the selling point of City Living, but isn't for this pack. Therefore, I can honestly forgive a lackluster location with loads of backdrop since it's not the focus, but if the vampires themselves are forgettable? That to me would be unforgiveable.

Let's hope that they bring out a really awesome life state. I am really interested to see how they will execute this pack.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    edited January 2017
    It's a game pack with a world 5 lots, I don't know what you expected, for me in that case I'm totally fine with it, but for CL it was disappointing cause it was an EP, and was supposed to be a big city, this new world is a small one so that's fine, it's not the point of the pack.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member

You also have to keep in mind that it's a city world, and cities are cramped irl.

Of course, but it isn't that the playable area feels cramped to me; it's just small.

I still love the world. (Always loved cities.) But Windenburg still wins me over when it comes to playable space.