Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

not sure how i feel about both a vampire game pack and bowling stuff pack.

i have to admit i am not sure how i feel. one the one hand both those features seem kind of neat but on the other hand both those features feel like stuff that could been combined into an expansion pack on its own lol. it just feels like a waste of pack space which i feel like is the last thing this game needs right now.

Comments

• Options
    WatcherXXWatcherXX Posts: 356 Member
    I get what you mean, but at the same time it's just a teaser, pretty sure there's going to be a lot more revealed in teasers/trailers to come, so I'll withhold judgement till we know more and get a full idea of what's coming.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2017
    Why would you combine Vampires and Bowling in a pack? This way the supernatural fans get relevant-to-supernaturals content, and people who hate vampires can still get bowling. Plus the EP team can focus on other broader themes that need an EP-scale budget to implement them - things that need whole new meshes, like pets (or cows for farms), or whole new systems like weather. Putting stuff that doesn't need that in an EP when we have smaller pack sizes run by different teams would strike me as less efficient not more.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I think the only thing that makes both features seem fitting is TS2 Nightlife... Otherwise no one would relate vampires to bowling... :p
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I think the only thing that makes both features seem fitting is TS2 Nightlife... Otherwise no one would relate vampires to bowling... :p

I'm totally going to have a vampire bowling club, though :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Why would you combine Vampires and Bowling in a pack? This way the supernatural fans get relevant-to-supernaturals content, and people who hate vampires can still get bowling. Plus the EP team can focus on other broader themes that need an EP-scale budget to implement them - things that need whole new meshes, like pets (or cows for farms), or whole new systems like weather. Putting stuff that doesn't need that in an EP when we have smaller pack sizes run by different teams would strike me as less efficient not more.

i would agree if i got the feeling there was effort being put into eps. but based on city living it seems like they barely have learned from any of the critizasim that the sims 4 had when it was just the base game.
  • Options
    brendhan21 wrote: »

i would agree if i got the feeling there was effort being put into eps. but based on city living it seems like they barely have learned from any of the critizasim that the sims 4 had when it was just the base game.

not to mention that apparently its been comfrimed there will only be one full ep each year now.
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »

I'm totally going to have a vampire bowling club, though :D

actaully that sounds awesome!
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I definitely don't think bowling needs its own stuff pack, it could easily be in an expansion. It would've fit in with get together, ya know, bowling together? Or city living, cities have bowling alleys. But instead they're going to make people pay an extra 10$ for them. Sad.
    It'll be interesting to see how detailed vampires will be in their own game pack though. They'll either be awesome, or the devs will drop the ball, which personally I think they do a lot. So we'll see.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member

not to mention that apparently its been comfrimed there will only be one full ep each year now.

Where was it confirmed?
  • Options
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I definitely don't think bowling needs its own stuff pack, it could easily be in an expansion. It would've fit in with get together, ya know, bowling together? Or city living, cities have bowling alleys. But instead they're going to make people pay an extra 10$ for them. Sad.
    It'll be interesting to see how detailed vampires will be in their own game pack though. They'll either be awesome, or the devs will drop the ball, which personally I think they do a lot. So we'll see.

thats kind of how i feel about this bowling stuff pack but yeah it seems like the same story with the buttler. its like the common agurment i expect to hear is it is what it is if you do not want to give 10$ just for bowling then obviously you do not want blowing in your game.
  • Options

Where was it confirmed?

i think it was one of the gurus who said it a while ago like i remeber someone like a guru or dev saying the new plan is to release 1 full ep a year now.
  • Options

Where was it confirmed?

nvm i obviously missheard something or heard a rummor from somewhere sorry for spreading a rummor like that my bad unless i can actually prove it and show its just a rummor and i should not even be saying it. sorry about that. :( i feel bad
  • Options

Where was it confirmed?

plus i just realized they already have 2 other eps on the way which makes this a total of 3 eps now so yeah obvuiously i was so wrong.
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    i have to admit i am not sure how i feel. one the one hand both those features seem kind of neat but on the other hand both those features feel like stuff that could been combined into an expansion pack on its own lol. it just feels like a waste of pack space which i feel like is the last thing this game needs right now.

Everything is so spread out and we STILL don't have Pets or Seasons. I just don't play it like I used to. I like the detail in it and everything but it gets boring quick. One thing The Sims 4 HAS helped me discover though is other games. Lol. Right now I love Dragon Age: Inquisition and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Where was it confirmed?

i think it was one of the gurus who said it a while ago like i remeber someone like a guru or dev saying the new plan is to release 1 full ep a year now.

Nope. They would never say such thing, even if it's true.

One of the Gurus said that it takes year to make an EP, which was misinterpreted by some people that they would release one EP per year (which is obviously false since multiple packs are always in the works at the same time).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    JasonSim16 wrote: »

Everything is so spread out and we STILL don't have Pets or Seasons. I just don't play it like I used to. I like the detail in it and everything but it gets boring quick. One thing The Sims 4 HAS helped me discover though is other games. Lol. Right now I love Dragon Age: Inquisition and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

yeah i know what you mean. the sims 4 does feel shallow compared to other eps granted i feel like its finally slowly starting to turn into something but i think it needs to be updated way better then the current way its being updated. like for example they stop sacrificing things players would want so they could focus on things hardly anyone wants or likes yes i am talking about the talking toilet from city life.
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »

Where was it confirmed?

One of the Gurus said that it takes year to make an EP, which was misinterpreted by some people that they would release one EP per year (which is obviously false since multiple packs are always in the works at the same time).

that could very well be it then but i mean last year they only released 1 ep. and yeah i really hope they do not plan to do that a second time.
  • Options
    JasonSim16 wrote: »

yeah i know what you mean. the sims 4 does feel shallow compared to other eps granted i feel like its finally slowly starting to turn into something but i think it needs to be updated way better then the current way its being updated. like for example they stop sacrificing things players would want so they could focus on things hardly anyone wants or likes yes i am talking about the talking toilet from city life.

Where was it confirmed?

that could very well be it then but i mean last year they only released 1 ep. and yeah i really hope they do not plan to do that a second time.

Where was it confirmed?

Where was it confirmed?

also yes i know the elphant in the room is i just said i was wrong since some people count stuff packs and game packs as eps as well but i do not and i am getting the impression you do not as well but yeah i am not sure which is more correct to be honest is it stuff packs and game packs are eps as well is it just eps that are eps or is it whatever you want it to be i am not exactly sure.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

However so far it fits. City Living was roughly a year from Get Together and it came in mid/late Autumn. We now know that there won't be an EP for the whole of Winter, or Spring, because we already got the teaser. Meaning it depends on the next teaser. My guess is next EP will be late summer at the earliest, early-mid-late Autumn at the latest. Putting it anywhere 9 to 12 months away from the previous EP. And it will likely be the only EP in 2017.
  • Options
    mirta000 wrote: »

However so far it fits. City Living was roughly a year from Get Together and it came in mid/late Autumn. We now know that there won't be an EP for the whole of Winter, or Spring, because we already got the teaser. Meaning it depends on the next teaser. My guess is next EP will be late summer at the earliest, early-mid-late Autumn at the latest. Putting it anywhere 9 to 12 months away from the previous EP. And it will likely be the only EP in 2017.

at the very least its true and yeah i mean unless the only thing that has not been comfrined is the sims ep team is working on more then one ep at a time then is'nt saying it takes one year to make an ep the same as saying an ep will come out only once a year since unless they are working on more then ep how else can more then one ep come out each year.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    I just hope one thing: That the developers don't work more on the bowling than on vampires. Vampires REALLY are better than bowling, seriously, at least when done right, and it needs more time doing vampires right than to do bowling right.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2017
    I just hope one thing: That the developers don't work more on the bowling than on vampires. Vampires REALLY are better than bowling, seriously, at least when done right, and it needs more time doing vampires right than to do bowling right.

Different teams. Different budgets. Either way EP are as they are. Dunno, but I have some hope, from what I've seen from the teaser, the vampire turning into a bat, I'd say they are on top of what we want. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Different teams. Different budgets. Either way EP are as they are. Dunno, but I have some hope, from what I've seen from the teaser, the vampire turning into a bat, I'd say they are on top of what we want. :)

Yes, I think they at the very least certainly know what we want for vampires. There are, like, twenty-one trillion threads about what people want in a vampire pack after all :D
    They'll do it epicly, I'm pretty confident about that. And you're right about the teams, I totally forgot about that thing xD
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited January 2017

Yes, I think they at the very least certainly know what we want for vampires. There are, like, twenty-one trillion threads about what people want in a vampire pack after all :D
    They'll do it epicly, I'm pretty confident about that. And you're right about the teams, I totally forgot about that thing xD

They didn't even animate the elevator in City Living ...

The GP will be very limited like everything they do.
  • Options

They didn't even animate the elevator in City Living ...

But that was the EP team, right? This one is going to be a GP instead (as far as I know), so let's hope they've had some time to work on it already so that such little things could be in there as well.