Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited December 2016
    @JLBDreamer Aww... my condolences for your bird. What kind was she? My mom has finches, a parakeet, and a cockatoo and we had several cockatoos and finches when I was in high school. I was very attached to our cockatoo Sydney. He was the sweetest bird and is still missed over nine years later.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Niemalyn97 what would you like to talk about regarding your story this upcoming fortnight?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited November 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by JLBDreamer on
  • Options
    Dancer-freakDancer-freak Posts: 223 Member
    @JLBDreamer I am so sorry for your loss :( Losing a pet is terrible, our ball python got sick a few months ago and we lost him too. I hope that you can find time to pay your respects, or do whatever you need to. My thoughts are with you <3

@xJojox I understand how you feel, my story is still pretty new, but I am already on the seventeenth chapter and the first generation is planned to be about forty-one chapters long, and depending on who the heir is the second generation might be even longer... I feel like that seems daunting to some people, and it does get rather discouraging when you think that people aren't reading or enjoying. But I like how you put it, that you are doing it for you! I think that is very important. But I like to join reading groups because I feel like 1. It helps me gain readers who I know will help give me feedback and 2. I can expand my own horizons by enjoying other peoples work.

But, I actually don't mind reading long stories so you have a dedicated follower in me - I just may be a little slow at it!!
  • Options
    xJojox wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 how far behind are you...?
    Hmmm im at a point where i don't think people read it any more ... definitely disheartening sometimes. I write it still for me because i finish things I start. And i love my characters... i know there are a few dedicated readers, but not many.

@xJojox I love your story. I'm just a super slow reader and I follow so many stories so it takes me forever to get back around to everyone's stuff. I'm going to try and catch up over winter break, which I'm on right now. I like long stories like @Dancer-freak said, so no worries. I'll catch up eventually. And I'll keep following. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Has anyone read @Niemalyn97's story? I haven't heard from Nie so I just wondered since we're supposed to be discussing the new story, The Evermore Legacy. There's only 5 chapters so it should be a quick and easy read. Then hopefully we can discuss.

:)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @Niemalyn97, @xJojox, @JLBDreamer, @WiggleyTuff, @Simcraft81 and @Dancer-freak Any thoughts about how we want to start the new year? Do you want to discuss a theme (like new beginnings) and share pieces from our stories or characters or each other's stories that fit the theme over the course of 2 weeks? Or do you want to keep with how we've been discussing stories - 2 weeks on each member's story?

Fyi, here's the reading schedule and the new year idea or theme will start after 1/12 because we'll be discussing Dancer's The Blakesley Legacy from 12/20-1/12.

Thoughts?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    i think it would be cool to share parts of our stories :)
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @JLBDreamer, @Dancer-freak, @WiggleyTuff

So I started @Niemalyn97's story last night, the Evermore Legacy. I really liked the first two chapter. I have a few questions for discussion just based on the 1st and 2nd chapter.

Questions for Author:
    1) What made you choose an Amazon challenge for your story?

2) Is there any part of the Amazon challenge that you think will be difficult to follow through on?

3) What about following a TS4 challenge makes your writing different? What challenges do you face in your writing? What's your favorite part in regards to writing?

Questions for Readers:

1) What do you think of the Amazon challenge? (rules here, although correct me Niemalyn if you're using something different). Have any of you ever done an amazon challenge (there's one for TS3)?

2) What about a challenge do you think makes the writing different from another type of Sims story?

3) There's culture building happening in Ch 1 and I'm sure future chapters. What did you pick up on? What stands out to you? What do you like?
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Happy holidays everyone!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    Happy New Year, everyone!

I'll share one of my family's Irish blessings for the new year.

May your troubles be less,
    And your blessings be more.
    And nothing but happiness come through your door.

:)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    And with the new year people ... :) Happy new year Fine lines is updated!
  • Options
    awesome, @xJojox, I hope to read more soon.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @JLBDreamer, @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Dancer-freak, @WiggleyTuff, and @Niemalyn97

Has anyone heard from @Niemalyn97? I hope she's okay. I haven't heard anything from @WiggleyTuff either.

Has anyone read anything of the story - the Evermore Legacy? I posted questions awhile back but got no responses so I'm going to assume it's the unfortunate victim of the holiday season.

This group seems to have the worst luck with keeping things together. *sigh* I know we're all busy so I don't think it's anyone's fault. It just makes me sad because I was hoping we'd make progress with new people.

We were supposed to start reading @Dancer-freak's Blakesley Legacy on the 30th of December. With the holidays, and to give us a chance to catch up, I say we do one of two things...

1) move onto the Blakesley Legacy
    2) continue talking about @Niemalyn's Amazon Challenge for the week.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @AdamsEve1231 We can start The Blakesley Lagacy while still keeping discussion open for The Amazon Challenge. I think we'll be back on track that way. The holidays can be busy...
    Post edited by Simcraft81 on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Tae-Gra Got Promoted to Medical Intern :)
    Putting up with Morgana and sticking with Jennifer has paid off lol!Screenshot-20.jpg
  • Options
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    Tae-Gra Got Promoted to Medical Intern :)
    Putting up with Morgana and sticking with Jennifer has paid off lol!Screenshot-20.jpg

@Simcraft81 Congrats Tae-Gra! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited November 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by JLBDreamer on
  • Options
    Thanks for the update @JLBDreamer.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I've disappeared into editing my towns and Sims lately instead of writing, but I'm still around.

Anyone who has read the Evermore Legacy, here are the questions I initially posted...
    Questions for Readers:

1) What do you think of the Amazon challenge? (rules here, although correct me Niemalyn if you're using something different). Have any of you ever done an amazon challenge (there's one for TS3)?

2) What about a challenge do you think makes the writing different from another type of Sims story?

3) There's culture building happening the chapters. What did you pick up on? What stands out to you? What do you like?

My answers....

1) I like the idea of an Amazon challenge but I'd probably tweak a few things, like @Niemalyn97 did... for example, I have a cardinal rule about killing off Sims intentionally (under most circumstances) so I'd struggle to follow the rule about the killing of male fathers.

2) It has a definite foreign-esque feel to it because the concept of living like the "Amazons" is so different than most futuristic and modernesque things in the Sims, but that's what makes it unique and interesting. I'd be curious to see how Niemalyn thinks about how it's different to write under the challenge guidelines.

3) I liked the earthy feel of the chapters and the lack of modern entrapments and how you'd probably have to go out of your way in game to avoid them in game. I also like the idea of living in clans and the hierarchy of the clans intrigues me.

I hope Niemalyn comes back so we can discuss this some more and we get more chapters. :)

As for @Dancer-freak's Blakesley Legacy, I am excited about this story too, and I've enjoyed the two chapters I've read thus far. Anyone have any questions for her or to start us out in discussion?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 I've been doing the same...actually a little bit of both but I'm also gonna give feedback between tonight and tomorrow as I'm off work then.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Questions from @AdamsEve1231

Before reading this Lagacey, I'd never heard of the "Amazon Challenge" It seems like it would be fun and quite a challenge as there are many rules lol. I would not survive if it was real life, though. @Niemalyn97 I'm looking forward to seeing where this story goes. I have a theory about Adriel's actions. While it's a great gesture to give Khione a memento of her mother, I could imagine it going in a few directions. What if Khione starts to question why Adriel kept that to himself all this time? I was thinking maybe he needed that to insure his survival :) what if Khione figures since she has something better to remind her of her tribe/mother now and passes Adriel up for this new slave...(due to the fact that Adriel could've given her that memento sooner)

A story based on a Challenge has more freedom to move the story in any direction. It could be more exciting because it can be unpredictable. I think Challenge stories are a good form of game driven stories.

3) There's culture building happening the chapters. What did you pick up on? What stands out to you? What do you like?

I like the feeling of sisterhood when Mika becomes part of the tribe. I also like how Khione addresses Luna even though it seems like they aren't going to be on good terms. She still addresses her as 'sister' and I thought that was cool.
    Post edited by Simcraft81 on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Special Edition Gold Victor Card
    'Worth over 900 Simoleons (non profit), this rare card is a must-have for card collectors!'

Victor%2BGold%2BDisplay%2BSCS.jpg
  • Options
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    Questions from @AdamsEve1231

Before reading this Lagacey, I'd never heard of the "Amazon Challenge" It seems like it would be fun and quite a challenge as there are many rules lol. I would not survive if it was real life, though. @Niemalyn97 I'm looking forward to seeing where this story goes. I have a theory about Adriel's actions. While it's a great gesture to give Khione a memento of her mother, I could imagine it going in a few directions. What if Khione starts to question why Adriel kept that to himself all this time? I was thinking maybe he needed that to insure his survival :) what if Khione figures since she has something better to remind her of her tribe/mother now and passes Adriel up for this new slave...(due to the fact that Adriel could've given her that memento sooner)

A story based on a Challenge has more freedom to move the story in any direction. It could be more exciting because it can be unpredictable. I think Challenge stories are a good form of game driven stories.

I like the feeling of sisterhood when Mika becomes part of the tribe. I also like how Khione addresses Luna even though it seems like they aren't going to be on good terms. She still addresses her as 'sister' and I thought that was cool.
    Those are great answers, @Simcraft81. I didn't even think about Adriel specifically holding onto the item to ensure his life and safety. Plot twist! :) Great thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest