Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Satire] Vintage Glamour Stuff is the Best Pack I've Played Yet!

Comments

• Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @Zeldaboy180
    Yeah.. I'm not a big fan of the packs that require you to do ALL of the imagination and role-playing mindset. Like, in the Movie Stuff pack, is there any premium content (That you haven't had before) ?
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,271 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    @Zeldaboy180
    Yeah.. I'm not a big fan of the packs that require you to do ALL of the imagination and role-playing mindset. Like, in the Movie Stuff pack, is there any premium content (That you haven't had before) ?

Didn't we get the popcorn popper? Can't remember if that was in a previous version.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited January 2017
    Well, it seems you were being sarcastic, but Vintage Glamour is actually my favourite stuff pack so far.
    I think the globe, mirrored furniture and the vanity are amazing, I get a lot of use from the vanity especially.
    The globe comes with unique interactions based on traits, I hope they continue this theme in future SPs, and the idea of temporary make-up is really realistic - not to mention the makeup combinations are beautiful. (Also, it's great for story-telling screenshots)
    I'm happy to have butlers back; its good to see more useful content in a SP.
    The clothes were gorgeous; I use the earrings, hair and watches on almost every sim. My only complaint is we didn't get more of it (Since there are plenty more vintage clothes/hair than this pack provided) but for what we got, it was stunning.
    I only hope the stuff packs in the future live up to this one.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    @Zeldaboy180

Didn't we get the popcorn popper? Can't remember if that was in a previous version.

Yes, we did. It also included all the movies themselves, and new gameplay around them (eg shushing other Sims).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I haven't bought it yet. So far its the only one I don't have but I'm curious how well the butler works? I'll probably get it anyway because I love the deco-ish style of the new items.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I haven't bought it yet. So far its the only one I don't have but I'm curious how well the butler works? I'll probably get it anyway because I love the deco-ish style of the new items.

I personally find the butler to be rather buggy myself, but I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone. I'll try removing the one and only mod I have & see if it makes a difference. If it wasn't for the bugs then, yes, the butler does add some nice things & I do think it's the most fleshed out butler we've had in the series to date. And I'm not being sarcastic.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I'm just generally sick of this game. Making fun of it is pretty much the only enjoyment I can get from it.
    Sarcastically saying it's the best thing ever is kind of a weak "making fun of" attempt. You gotta get more specific.

For example, say you don't like multitasking: "In Sims 4, they implemented multitasking. It's a new breakthrough in technology, where the game is so boring that you can combine other activities while playing it, such as driving. Simply insert the game into the nearest garbage disposal, turn it on, and then go for a drive."

(Disclaimer: I actually like parts of multitasking and a lot of Sims 4. This is just for example purposes. Also disclaimer, I hereby absolve myself of blame for giving people bad ideas. To keep the force forum in balance, I will now make a joke about the Sims 3: "It runs so good, it only broke one of my computer's legs and an arm. My computer now wears a CASt on its leg. I couldn't afford a CASt for its arm, as I had to spend the rest of my money on packs." Sims 2: "You were ahead of your time, but now time is ahead of you. Boom, roasted." Sims 1: "Wallace and Gromit called, they want their claymation figures back. Boom, roasted.")

:tongue:
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Lol @Triplis, may the force be with you.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,714 Member
    LOL. Just by looking at the OP, I know they're being sarcastic cuz I know how much they despise TS4. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I've been incredibly inactive on the forums recently, and that's because I've been playing Vintage Glamour Stuff!! There's just so much to do in that pack, it's truly incredible. It's incredible how much I'd recommend Vintage Glamour Stuff, the hair being worth the $10 alone! Buy it buy it buy it! It's the best pack in the series yet, it's incredible! You know what else is incredible? The developers!!! Thanks for making this wonderful game filled with fun and easy surprises that are incredible!! It's far simpler than the previous games, so thank you, they were incredibly confusing to me... This game is wonderful, best-selling, successful and incredible!

Well, I hope that helped- you- lol. This pack is in a very close three way tie for my favorite stuff pack. It's ten dollars, it's a stuff pack (YES! REALLY!) and I don't expect them to include an "open world" as an Easter egg in it. I, personally, love the new globe bar- it doesn't take up much space and the sim can bring out a tray of drinks to serve. That's a great addition as are the clothing and decor items which I consider entirely my style. The vanity I put to immediate use as a make-up bar in my department store. The Butler is a fun add on in my opinion but not my primary goal in buying the pack. At the end of the day there are numerous complaints that can be made about this iteration but I just don't see SPs as one of them. If you don't like them and what they include they're easily skipped, if you do like them they're easily bought. (Shrug) Save your energy for the upcoming "Vampire Pack" with it's own world which is most likely the only place Vampires will be able to exist thereby providing yet one more limitation in the game.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I've been incredibly inactive on the forums recently, and that's because I've been playing Vintage Glamour Stuff!! There's just so much to do in that pack, it's truly incredible. It's incredible how much I'd recommend Vintage Glamour Stuff, the hair being worth the $10 alone! Buy it buy it buy it! It's the best pack in the series yet, it's incredible! You know what else is incredible? The developers!!! Thanks for making this wonderful game filled with fun and easy surprises that are incredible!! It's far simpler than the previous games, so thank you, they were incredibly confusing to me... This game is wonderful, best-selling, successful and incredible!

Well, I hope that helped- you- lol. This pack is in a very close three way tie for my favorite stuff pack. It's ten dollars, it's a stuff pack (YES! REALLY!) and I don't expect them to include an "open world" as an Easter egg in it. I, personally, love the new globe bar- it doesn't take up much space and the sim can bring out a tray of drinks to serve. That's a great addition as are the clothing and decor items which I consider entirely my style. The vanity I put to immediate use as a make-up bar in my department store. The Butler is a fun add on in my opinion but not my primary goal in buying the pack. At the end of the day there are numerous complaints that can be made about this iteration but I just don't see SPs as one of them. If you don't like them and what they include they're easily skipped, if you do like them they're easily bought. (Shrug) Save your energy for the upcoming "Vampire Pack" with it's own world which is most likely the only place Vampires will be able to exist thereby providing yet one more limitation in the game.

;)
  • Options

Yeah, the game has its limitations, but I'm 99% sure this won't be one of them. There's no reason why vampires should be restricted to one world only, especially because a) aliens aren't, and b) the worlds just aren't set up that way. A sim with extra powers isn't exactly as taxing as full-blown seasons, so although there's certainly going to be limitations (but there always are), I seriously, seriously doubt that vampires will only exist in one single world. And there's no reason at all to assume so either.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yeah, the game has its limitations, but I'm 99% sure this won't be one of them. There's no reason why vampires should be restricted to one world only, especially because a) aliens aren't, and b) the worlds just aren't set up that way. A sim with extra powers isn't exactly as taxing as full-blown seasons, so although there's certainly going to be limitations (but there always are), I seriously, seriously doubt that vampires will only exist in one single world. And there's no reason at all to assume so either.

Wait, the game has aliens?
  • Options
    @Swiftlover13 is this sarcasm again? On the offchance that it is, and I'm pointlessly saying this : yes, it does ;)
  • Options
    @Swiftlover13 is this sarcasm again? On the offchance that it is, and I'm pointlessly saying this : yes, it does ;)

I've never seen one in my game... oops!
  • Options
    Ah alright, so it was hidden criticism a la "I have GTW and I never see any aliens!"? If you don't go to the bar on alien night / join the scientists career and reach a certain level / use the rocket / etc. you're unlikely to meet any - which I guess is a good trade-off for those who wanted playable careers but not aliens ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @simgirl1010
    @luthienrising
    Sorry, I meant the movie stuff from The Sims 3 :#
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

My big concern via that is that the Sims 1 had "Magic Town" which I have seen many people wanting a return of and people have complained again and again about not wanting supernaturals to run amok through the game as happened in the Sims 3 and initially with Aliens in the Sims 4. A solution would be to simply have them tied to a specific town- then you wouldn't see them just anywhere if you wanted to buy the pack for the "stuff" in it and not the life state. You would only encounter them if you went to their area.

Believe me, I don't want to see that happen but... it could.
  • Options

My big concern via that is that the Sims 1 had "Magic Town" which I have seen many people wanting a return of and people have complained again and again about not wanting supernaturals to run amok through the game as happened in the Sims 3 and initially with Aliens in the Sims 4. A solution would be to simply have them tied to a specific town- then you wouldn't see them just anywhere if you wanted to buy the pack for the "stuff" in it and not the life state. You would only encounter them if you went to their area.

Believe me, I don't want to see that happen but... it could.

That would be truly depressing :( Let's pray then that in this particular case they did exactly what many accuse them of: not listen. ;)
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    *pops in and reads...*

(Wonders aloud if there's a chance of getting a lol button for 2017?)

*leaves*
  • Options
    Remember the days where there was a dislike button? I detested that one haha
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    Okay, so after further inspection, my sims' butler doesn't do anything... They are basically paying him lots of money for taking out the trash once, which is the only thing he did... :|
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Okay, so after further inspection, my sims' butler doesn't do anything... They are basically paying him lots of money for taking out the trash once, which is the only thing he did... :|

Mine have cared for the garden plants, cooked meals (including on request), played violin during dinner, cared for the baby, and cleaned (leaving little or nothing for the maid to do, but I wasn't playing a mansion in that case - it was an apartment that came with no-longer-needed maid service). I've seen photos of butlers serving as bartenders as well, though mine have only served themselves. They are also useful for Sims who need a bit of in-house romance on the side ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've simulated having a butler by creating a cooking & cleaning club.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Is this sarcasm? Ahahahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top