May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, can I cheat now?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    weav727weav727 Posts: 3 New Member
    I haven't played this in a while, and played TS2 more than 3. Do cheats work the same way? cntrl+shift+c brings up the window?
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    weav727 wrote: »
    I haven't played this in a while, and played TS2 more than 3. Do cheats work the same way? cntrl+shift+c brings up the window?

Yes
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    edited January 2017
    I stopped cheating for money after sims 3 was released. I figured it was a life simulation and life can be hard XD But its all about your own personal play style. If you want to cheat for money then cheat for money!

I sometimes cheat when i'm making a story to speed things up (say i want a family member to die) but in general day to day play I don't bother. Mostly because i'm doing challenges and part of the challenges usally say you cant cheat for money! (like start on $0 gather stuff to get an easel, use an easle to earn enough money to get a bed etc etc)

Painting is 10/10 the best way to earn money IMOP, gardening is also good along with writing.

EDIT: like you spend 100 to create a large painting and can get 1000's in return when you skill level is high enough
    !
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    I've honestly never felt the need to cheat for money in TS4. My sim started with an empty 64x64 lot and now has a 4-bedroom home, with the first generation still alive. He was in the sports career, she was a doctor. The 2nd generation isnt in money-making grounds yet as theyve just started, but they're covering the bills so eh, that still works. They'll upgrade the house further when they advance in their careers.

If youre in a rush for money, painting definitely gives you quite a lot, as does writing and gardening.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2017
    No, you can Not. YOu must struggle through it.... Make them boring money makers and then the children get everything they worked hard for, sell it, then let those kids enjoy the penthouse City life. Yeah, that's the plan. No Cheating Evar. :rage:

Or just go for it. They won the lottery, their rich uncle they never met left them his life savings... Just have some fun with them if you want. Make another Sim work hard. :triumph: