Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unusual death.

My sim was on a date with this girl and things were going great - asked her to be his girlfriend, she agreed.

They exchanged rings of promise (both teens). Even fooled around.

Then went to sit down (this was in a nightclub), and before they could start chatting, my sim stood up and started laughing and dropped over dead.

My date just sat there while 10 sims came around crying and here comes the reaper. I have a family member show up on lot to plead for his life to no avail.

So the reaper claims my sim, then my date gets up to leave as I get a message like "Great date! You get so-and-so in your inventory."

O.o

Comments

• Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Was he Hysterical? Sims can die from laughter
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Was his date drop dead gorgeous?
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Lol I love when random stuff like that happens! Sadly it doesn't happen often in my game
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I've once managed to kill a sim for laughter, but it took a lot of effort. It can happen when the happy moodlets (new boyfriend, promised to each other, first time messing around etc.) pile up and give their boost a playful moodlet. Maybe your date had a goofball trait?
  • Options
    ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    No goofball trait. I read afterwards that happiness of +8 or more could lead to death by laughter. So after fooling around, asking to be girlfriend, exchanging promise rings, it was all the happiness he could take and he dropped dead in the middle of chatting seated at a table with the object of his affection. O.o
    The "Great date!" was the icing on the event.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    At least he died happy
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    No goofball trait. I read afterwards that happiness of +8 or more could lead to death by laughter. So after fooling around, asking to be girlfriend, exchanging promise rings, it was all the happiness he could take and he dropped dead in the middle of chatting seated at a table with the object of his affection. O.o
    The "Great date!" was the icing on the event.

Wow! This is terrible.
    Don't give so much happy moodlets when sim is in Playful emotion. Playful is an positive emotion, so happy moodlets boosts it.
    Is it really 8 now? I remember you needed 15 points. Very Playful emotion doesn't kill anybody (It is(was) 8 points), Hysterical can!
  • Options
    ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    Maybe it was 15. Sorry if I was wrong but it was above what they say can lead to death by laughter.

I remember watching it happen and thinking "seriously?! After all those good things that just happened?!"
  • Options
    xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    don't think I've had one of those specialty deaths in my game yet :hushed:
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited December 2016
    That would almost have happened to me as well, just in a sillier way:

Peter and Alice have seen eachother, began to love eachother, bought a big house in Oasis Springs, got married, and the morning after this wedding Alice got pregnant from Peter. Pretty awesome life, isn't it?
    But the same day's evening Alice's father visited and they wanted to tell him about her pregnancy. They started joking, joking and even more joking. And Peter was already quite hysterical from this. So I quickly sent him to the bathroom and it took him one hour to fully calm down. The Reaper came VERY close to their door this day.
    If he had actually died right there, this would have qualified as one of the most stupid deaths ever :D
    Post edited by Pancakesandwich on