Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are they ever going to fix festivals?

CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
tumblr_ohvgkloiEU1vz82dto1_540.png

tumblr_ohvgkloiEU1vz82dto3_540.png

YES, I KNOW about the "stay till the end of the festival" etc....etc. However, I shouldn't have to do that. My sim has never visited this area. The festival spawned on top of the stuff that is normally there.

I could have sworn they said this was fixed in a recent patch.

Sure doesn't look fixed to me.

Sims can't use those items that have spawned on top of things.

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Just wow! Hope your issue gets a solution this looks like it makes festivals rather unplayable.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I don't have this issue in my game? I play without mods.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I don't have that issue either and I play with mods but I also make my sims stay until the end of the festival.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I have yet to have this happen in my game so I guess I should count myself as lucky. I don't always stay until the end of festivals, either.

I'm sorry that this bug is affecting some people....I hope it is fixed soon.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited December 2016
    I had it happen at the start of playing the pack (within the first two days) while my mods folder was still removed from the game- it's really annoying because you have to wait until that particular festival comes around again to get it's items to disappear. I've also had the problem being reference by the OP though, where the festival stuff just spawns on top of the standard plaza items instead of the items being removed. I've said it before and I'm certain I will say it again- these sort of problems are what "BETA TESTING" is designed to find and fix. I and others stumbled upon the issue so quickly I actually find it difficult to believe they did much testing beyond having the Youtubers play for six hours one afternoon. That's too bad. Right now reviews were and are still being written about CL and this is the sort of stuff they will include due to it being a major feature being rendered unplayable during the normal course of the game. Not to say that it makes me hate CL or anything of that sort but it does look like sloppy work on behalf of EA/Maxis.
  • Options
    CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    edited December 2016
    I had it happen at the start of playing the pack (within the first two days) while my mods folder was still removed from the game- it's really annoying because you have to wait until that particular festival comes around again to get it's items to disappear. I've also had the problem being reference by the OP though, where the festival stuff just spawns on top of the standard plaza items instead of the items being removed. I've said it before and I'm certain I will say it again- these sort of problems are what "BETA TESTING" is designed to find and fix. I and others stumbled upon the issue so quickly I actually find it difficult to believe they did much testing beyond having the Youtubers play for six hours one afternoon. That's too bad. Right now reviews were and are still being written about CL and this is the sort of stuff they will include due to it being a major feature being rendered unplayable during the normal course of the game. Not to say that it makes me hate CL or anything of that sort but it does look like sloppy work on behalf of EA/Maxis.

Thank you for saying this is NOT necessarily a mods/CC issue. It kind of annoys me how that seems to be the pat response. Mods/CC have nothing to do with this particular issue because I've had it happen in a brand new save/brand new TS4 folder/repaired game that is mods/cc free.

I don't think our sims should have to stay at a festival for hours till it ends just to fix this. It makes me not want to have them attend festivals at all.

Also, it's not a case of one festival spawning on top of the other.

It's a case of the festival spawning on top of the every day items that are already there.

BTW, this only happens at GeekCon for me. I think there is just too much stuff crammed into that small area.

I have no idea why it happens to some and not others. It seems to be status quo for many of the TS4 bugs. They aren't always universal. However, enough have reported about this that they said they fixed it in a patch. Clearly....it's not fixed.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

Thank you for saying this is NOT necessarily a mods/CC issue. It kind of annoys me how that seems to be the pat response. Mods/CC have nothing to do with this particular issue because I've had it happen in a brand new save/brand new TS4 folder/repaired game that is mods/cc free.

I don't think our sims should have to stay at a festival for hours till it ends just to fix this. It makes me not want to have them attend festivals at all.

It's a case of the festival spawning on top of the every day items that are already there.

BTW, this only happens at GeekCon for me. I think there is just too much stuff crammed into that small area.

I have no idea why it happens to some and not others. It seems to be status quo for many of the TS4 bugs. They aren't always universal. However, enough have reported about this that they said they fixed it in a patch. Clearly....it's not fixed.

In fairness it's a pat response for a very good reason.
    It's the first step in the troubleshooting tree.

Like rebooting your computer if a program does something unexpected.
    No reason to take offense.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    No offense but why aren't you making your sims stay til the end of the festivals so that doesn't happen and its not tragic for the things to spawn over the other stuff. I mean you really aren't letting them reset because your sims aren't staying at the festivals.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I haven't experienced this problem, it is weird though, and I agree, you shouldn't have to stay around until the end of the festival for it to be fixed.
  • Options
    My GeekCon has had this problem since I got the EP, and I stay until the festival disappears every time. It hasn't fixed the issue for me at all.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    No offense but why aren't you making your sims stay til the end of the festivals so that doesn't happen and its not tragic for the things to spawn over the other stuff. I mean you really aren't letting them reset because your sims aren't staying at the festivals.

No offense but why should he have to make his sims stay until the end of the festival? My sims are usually flat out exhausted by the end of say the Romance or Spice festivals that run til 1 am and in regard to the other ones maybe I or he or anybody is just bored with it before the end arrives and we are ready to go. At the moment I don't even go to the festivals any longer because I don't want to be trapped there until the bitter end. This issue is a problem and it needs to be resolved.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

It happened to me with the Flea Market -- there are still market items there, and tables that occasionally block the food stands so they can't open. I don't think Sims should have to remain all the way to the end of a festival either -- sometimes you've got things to do or places to go.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

When a festival goes until the wee hours of the morning and your Sim has to work the next day (not to mention they might have to finish a work task as well), there's a problem. And it's pretty non-immersive to have your Sim playing at a busker's stand that's spawned in the middle of a bubble blower circle, or to have a flea market table stuck inside a food booth so it can't open. And many of us who have this problem didn't know that we had to stay at the festival until the end to prevent the glitch from happening. I sent my Sims shopping at the flea market, then home to take care of their daily work tasks...now I can't get the flea market stuff to clear away.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2016
    When a festival goes until the wee hours of the morning and your Sim has to work the next day (not to mention they might have to finish a work task as well), there's a problem. And it's pretty non-immersive to have your Sim playing at a busker's stand that's spawned in the middle of a bubble blower circle, or to have a flea market table stuck inside a food booth so it can't open. And many of us who have this problem didn't know that we had to stay at the festival until the end to prevent the glitch from happening. I sent my Sims shopping at the flea market, then home to take care of their daily work tasks...now I can't get the flea market stuff to clear away.

This.

Also, I've found that not matter if I stay thru to the end, the Geek and Romance Festivals seem to leave artifacts of themselves which then seem to impact all the other objects that spawn in the area.

Amending this to say: The Geek/Romance Festivals finally reset themselves. I had a different household go to both Festivals and stay until all the festival items disappeared and that seems to have cleared that area.
    Post edited by dizzydee_k on
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    I'm having the same issues. It might be helpful if you post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and/td-p/5674412/page/6.

And if possible, send saves of before, during, and after a festival to SimQARobo. :)
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    Hmmm, don't have that problem
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member

No offense but why should he have to make his sims stay until the end of the festival? My sims are usually flat out exhausted by the end of say the Romance or Spice festivals that run til 1 am and in regard to the other ones maybe I or he or anybody is just bored with it before the end arrives and we are ready to go. At the moment I don't even go to the festivals any longer because I don't want to be trapped there until the bitter end. This issue is a problem and it needs to be resolved.

I agree that you shouldn't have to stay til the end. This is just poor programming so let's just call it what it is. :*
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited December 2016
    Try adjusting your refresh rate to 60, Also if your using a thing to close down frame rate per second on the Sims 4 you might want to disable it.
    Its a active area so will need a high refresh rate. My frame rate per second goes to 60 during the festival change, and than levels off until the next change at the end of the festival. The only problem I have with the festival is if someone is playing the motion gaming rig the game screen will stay visible after the game disappears. I don't think this is a game bug, but has to do with tearing/ghosting objects. I think you need a dedicated graphic card with the latest shader and make sure you have the one thing checked that lowers tearing. Also with computers with low processing speeds the processor may not be able to be able to hide all the active items before the new ones arrive. I would love to know the list of computers experiencing the problem.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I've never had this issue (knock on wood) and don't always stay until the end of the festival. They really need to fix it for those that do though, because that's no good.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill