Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with sims 3 graphic card not being recognized

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Sorry I never notice when people tag me. Glad you got it sorted.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Simasaurus09 - This one was a bit more complex than usual. None of us expected to find a second game folder hiding out on the OP's E drive for one thing. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @phoebebebe13 ok so lets say I go into the game and the Fps is that way, but it still doesn't fix my original problem. my game still does not recognize my graphics card so my game looks really bad and so it's hard to play. Do you know how to fix this?

Im a little late to the party. I dont change my sgr files . My game runs fine without having to do that

Glad you got it fixed. Enjoy your game
  • Options
    Sorry I never notice when people tag me. Glad you got it sorted.

In general I have tagged you a few times. :p I don't always get notices when I'm tagged.
  • Options
    MINDIKAMINDIKA Posts: 8 New Member
    Hi! I have the same problem, by the time the sims 4 came up I changed my laptop and left the sims 3 aside, but now I wanted to play again and it looks awful and I have the same warning of the game not reading the graphics card. I don't really know what to do.
  • Options
    MINDIKA wrote: »
    Hi! I have the same problem, by the time the sims 4 came up I changed my laptop and left the sims 3 aside, but now I wanted to play again and it looks awful and I have the same warning of the game not reading the graphics card. I don't really know what to do.
    In your user TS3 game folder in Documents, you should find a file called DeviceConfig.log (or just DeviceConfig). If you could please, open this in a text editor like Notepad and copy/paste the first 40 lines or so into a reply here so we can see what your game is using now. You can stop when it gets to the game options listings.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    In your user TS3 game folder in Documents, you should find a file called DeviceConfig.log (or just DeviceConfig). If you could please, open this in a text editor like Notepad and copy/paste the first 40 lines or so into a reply here so we can see what your game is using now. You can stop when it gets to the game options listings.

=== Application info ===
    Name: Sims3
    Version:
    Build: Release
    === Rating info ===
    GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 1 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2394 Threading: 3
    Adjusted CPU: 2792 RAM: 8106 Adjusted RAM: 7594 Cores: 2
    === Machine info ===
    OS version: Windows 8 6.2.9200
    OS prod type: 0
    OS major ver: 6
    OS minor ver: 2
    OS SP major ver: 0
    OS SP minor ver: 0
    OS is 64Bit: 1
    CPU: GenuineIntel
    Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz
    Family: 6
    Model: 13
    Cores: 2
    HT: 1
    x64: 0
    Memory: 8106MB
    Free memory: 3214MB
    User: MÓNI
    Computer: MONICABELLU
    === Graphics device info ===
    Number: 0
    Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce 930M
    Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce 930M [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1346, Board: f8421179, Chipset: 00a2
    Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 10.18.13.6869, GUID: D7B71E3E-5006-11CF-1C68-4FD81FC2C735
    Driver version: 6869
    Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
    Texture memory: 32MB <<OVERRIDE>>
    Vertex program: 3.0
    Pixel program: 3.0
    Hardware TnL: 1
  • Options
    @Mindika - I can walk you through this and will by PM so as not to confuse others with different model graphics cards. But we need to check on a couple of things first.

Have you taken steps to limit your card's frame rate (fps)? Nvidia Control Panel would be the usual first method to try, there are others. This is very important, much more so than getting formal recognition.

Second, how many EPs are you playing and which ones? Your card, although in one of the newer series, is not generally considered strong enough to carry all 11 of the EPs very well so we may need to manage expectations here a bit.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @Mindika - I can walk you through this and will by PM so as not to confuse others with different model graphics cards. But we need to check on a couple of things first.

Have you taken steps to limit your card's frame rate (fps)? Nvidia Control Panel would be the usual first method to try, there are others. This is very important, much more so than getting formal recognition.

Second, how many EPs are you playing and which ones? Your card, although in one of the newer series, is not generally considered strong enough to carry all 11 of the EPs very well so we may need to manage expectations here a bit.

@igazor. the 930m card is a lower end card and should not be running the game at 1080p resolution if they want better game performance
  • Options

Ok, I finally found where to limit the fps, I tried the game and it worked! thank you very much! the only question I have is if this is going to affect other games or the pc in other way.
    I have 9 EPs installed and the game suggested to choose a couple of them to play, but I've always played with all of them without any problem, in this sims or the sims 4, so I selected all the EPs.

I also have a problema when trying to login from the launcher or in the game, it won't let me, although I was able to do it the first time I played with this pc.
  • Options

Ok, I finally found where to limit the fps, I tried the game and it worked! thank you very much! the only question I have is if this is going to affect other games or the pc in other way.
    I have 9 EPs installed and the game suggested to choose a couple of them to play, but I've always played with all of them without any problem, in this sims or the sims 4, so I selected all the EPs.

I also have a problema when trying to login from the launcher or in the game, it won't let me, although I was able to do it the first time I played with this pc.

Origin is having issues.

limiting the fps syncs your monitor and video card to prevent screen tearing while gaming

What other games are you trying to play? The GT 930m card is a weak card for gaming. All game requirements are for desktop, not laptop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop. Your card may not do well with Seasons, Pets ITF and IP. Pets and seasons are the worst of the bunch. The more eps you add to this game , the more demanding the game becomes
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    I am a bit late but i am glad you received some help with it. :)
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options

Origin is having issues.

limiting the fps syncs your monitor and video card to prevent screen tearing while gaming

What other games are you trying to play? The GT 930m card is a weak card for gaming. All game requirements are for desktop, not laptop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop. Your card may not do well with Seasons, Pets ITF and IP. Pets and seasons are the worst of the bunch. The more eps you add to this game , the more demanding the game becomes

No, everything is ok in Origin, but when I try to get to my account in the launcher of the sims 3, it won't let me, I don´t know why, so the first timeit happened, I skiped it, hoping to login once I was in the game, but I couldn't there either.

I know for games it would be best a desktop, but I need to move mine. I usually play point and click games, but I've also played the Sims 4 and Mirror's Edge 1 here and everything was ok. When I played Mirror's Edge 2 the first time, it was laggy, but as many people were saying it had many problems, I decided to wait until they released a patch or something, but that's the only problem I've had.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

I also have a problem when trying to login from the launcher or in the game, it won't let me, although I was able to do it the first time I played with this pc.
    Frame rates are supposed to be limited. Let's say you have a 60 Hz monitor as the vast majority of us do (also laptops are always 60 Hz) but a game runs wild with its frame rates like TS3 can do given a chance and runs into the hundreds or even thousands of frames per second (fps). The excess frames are noise, not quality, and can ruin a gaming experience by making everything look horrible. They can also damage/burn out your graphics card and system board. What limiting the frame rate does is re-synchronize the rate that the game is producing frames back down to 60 fps, the rate that your monitor can handle them.

Newer games like TS4 have their own built-in frame rate limiter. Instructing your Nvidia control panel or some other tool to do this for TS3 won't affect any other games.

The suggestion that you only play a couple of EPs is coming from Patch 1.69, we all saw that regardless of our computer systems. There should be a checkbox or something that says "Stop Telling Me This" that will make that warning go away for good.

For not being able to login at the Launcher or game level, that's EA's mighty servers acting up again. What works for many is to clear your Internet Explorer's cache and cookies, de-selecting the choice to keep cookies for Favorite sites. Even if you never use IE yourself as a browser or have never set up Favorites, the game borrows its resources and they can get junked up. This is very common. Here is an illustration of the fix.
    https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Origin is having issues.

No, everything is ok in Origin, but when I try to get to my account in the launcher of the sims 3, it won't let me, I don´t know why, so the first timeit happened, I skiped it, hoping to login once I was in the game, but I couldn't there either.

I know for games it would be best a desktop, but I need to move mine. I usually play point and click games, but I've also played the Sims 4 and Mirror's Edge 1 here and everything was ok. When I played Mirror's Edge 2 the first time, it was laggy, but as many people were saying it had many problems, I decided to wait until they released a patch or something, but that's the only problem I've had.

as @igazor mentioned and if you look at sims 4 tech section origin is having issues.

Mirrors edge 2 has some pretty high desktop requirements. Your laptop is below the minimum to run the game despite having bugs or not. http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=691&amp;game=Mirrors Edge 2: Catalyst

TS3 is a complete game and TS4 is not. Both have the same requirements though programed differently. They require a mid range desktop. We advise a GTX 960m or better on laptop and an i7 quad core processor.

You also need to game plugged in with a laptop. Battery is ok for lite computer tasks, streaming a movie and light point and click games. When gaming heavier games laptop is not as mobile as people think.
  • Options

I also have a problem when trying to login from the launcher or in the game, it won't let me, although I was able to do it the first time I played with this pc.
    Frame rates are supposed to be limited. Let's say you have a 60 Hz monitor as the vast majority of us do (also laptops are always 60 Hz) but a game runs wild with its frame rates like TS3 can do given a chance and runs into the hundreds or even thousands of frames per second (fps). The excess frames are noise, not quality, and can ruin a gaming experience by making everything look horrible. They can also damage/burn out your graphics card and system board. What limiting the frame rate does is re-synchronize the rate that the game is producing frames back down to 60 fps, the rate that your monitor can handle them.

Newer games like TS4 have their own built-in frame rate limiter. Instructing your Nvidia control panel or some other tool to do this for TS3 won't affect any other games.

The suggestion that you only play a couple of EPs is coming from Patch 1.69, we all saw that regardless of our computer systems. There should be a checkbox or something that says "Stop Telling Me This" that will make that warning go away for good.

For not being able to login at the Launcher or game level, that's EA's mighty servers acting up again. What works for many is to clear your Internet Explorer's cache and cookies, de-selecting the choice to keep cookies for Favorite sites. Even if you never use IE yourself as a browser or have never set up Favorites, the game borrows its resources and they can get junked up. This is very common. Here is an illustration of the fix.

Thank you very much again :) , I wanted to play again and I it was really frustrating, I had no idea what to do.
  • Options

Origin is having issues.

as @igazor mentioned and if you look at sims 4 tech section origin is having issues.

Mirrors edge 2 has some pretty high desktop requirements. Your laptop is below the minimum to run the game despite having bugs or not.

TS3 is a complete game and TS4 is not. Both have the same requirements though programed differently. They require a mid range desktop. We advise a GTX 960m or better on laptop and an i7 quad core processor.

You also need to game plugged in with a laptop. Battery is ok for lite computer tasks, streaming a movie and light point and click games. When gaming heavier games laptop is not as mobile as people think.

Well, the battery lasts a pretty long time without pluging it in, unless it's turned on, of course.

The Mirror's Edge it's a complete dissapointment, I love the first game and I was really looking forward the new one. But well, I guess I can always look for a friend with a better pc, or sell it to a second hand shop...

Thank you for your help too!
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Origin is having issues.

Mirrors edge 2 has some pretty high desktop requirements. Your laptop is below the minimum to run the game despite having bugs or not.

Well, the battery lasts a pretty long time without pluging it in, unless it's turned on, of course.

The Mirror's Edge it's a complete dissapointment, I love the first game and I was really looking forward the new one. But well, I guess I can always look for a friend with a better pc, or sell it to a second hand shop...

Thank you for your help too!

Your very welcome. I never played Mirrors edge. I was just looking up the specs as to why you maybe lagging. That games minimum specs are close to the specs you need for the whole sims 3

Playing any heavier game like the sims or even much heavier games needs to be plugged in. Not only will you loose battery quickly your game performance will also suffer.