Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the new SP worth it?

Comments

• Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    edited December 2016
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I haven't bought it yet and I only saw LGR's review, i don't know if he just scanned through stuff like CAS, or if the SP really lacks CAS items.

I ask because I'm more of a CAS person.

I think it's worth it if you're looking for build/buy mode stuff. Not so much CAS, although the CAS items that are there are wonderful. The hair is beautiful, as is the jewelry and watches. Also my avatar sim is dressed in the clothes, jewelry, and hair from the pack - I love the top she's wearing.

His review wasn't very good - he missed many key items from the pack, so I wouldn't go by that to see whether to buy it or not.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    xJawdinxJawdin Posts: 42 Member
    personally, I love it, I'm a big CAS person but the vintage style glasses won me over. and I'm not a big building person either but the build mode items are so cute :D plus the butlers, globe bar and vanity tables are really cute.
    tumblr_ncmw3fJCnf1sz111so1_250.gif
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I have used the butler and makeup tables a few times, but not much. I mostly use the build mode items now.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    LGR's review was a bit lacklustre this time round, just watch some simmer reviews like Deligracy, but she can fangirl a little bit.

I was going to suggest Deligracy as well. She tends to really get into the new items.
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    LGR's review was a bit lacklustre this time round, just watch some simmer reviews like Deligracy, but she can fangirl a little bit.

I was going to suggest Deligracy as well. She tends to really get into the new items.

I like Deligracy, but I feel like she's too much of a fan girl. I don't agree with her tastes a lot of the time either.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I really do like everything they have put out so far. With the latest stuff pack I was really disappointed that there wasn't more hair styles and that there wasn't new make up options but even so I still feel like I got my 10 bucks worth with everything else that was put in.

Sometimes I start to get down about stuff packs but then I remember that they are simply that and they cost so much less so yea you are going to get fewer items.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Very few CAS items, but what I got I LOVED, very worth the money in my case. Pity there wasn't more.
    The watches, and hair especially.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    The bed appeals to me, but it's not enough to justify $10. Not unless I was wealthy.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2016
    I haven't gotten it yet, but I really like the vanity, the globe bar, the round eyeglasses, the hair and a couple of the other objects like the wall mirror and the nightstand/small table. I actually have round eyeglasses like that in my game already as custom content. LOL! Nice that EA thought to make them. I'm hoping it means they were thinking ahead toward making a wizarding school expansion/game pack, but I won't hold my breath. (Harry Potter ....) <3<3<3

EDIT: And the curtains. Love the curtains!
    Post edited by Penelope on
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I think it's a nice compliment to what we already have but honestly doesn't bring anything super new to the table unless you use the butler or have that sort of aesthetic for your play style. It does have a lot of nice items but for me other then the beds, the curtains and the short hairstyle I'll probably use it as much as I use Spa Day in my day to day saves...which is to say not a whole lot.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Curious to see how you like it! It's not my favorite stuff pack or anything, but I love some of the new objects, especially the vanity. I adore the butler too.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited December 2016
    Depends. I'm really disappointed by the lack of CAS assets (it's vintage glamour, dagnabbit!) and I have no real need for the objects, and my Sims generally aren't rich enough to need a butler.

Some people probably enjoy it, but like all SPs, it's very specific to the family you play.

LOL, that is an understatement if I ever heard it. I don't think she's capable of disliking anything Maxis makes. Or if she is, she keeps it to herself because she wants to stay on EA's good side.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Depends. I'm really disappointed by the lack of CAS assets (it's vintage glamour, dagnabbit!) and I have no real need for the objects, and my Sims generally aren't rich enough to need a butler.

Some people probably enjoy it, but like all SPs, it's very specific to the family you play.

LOL, that is an understatement if I ever heard it. I don't think she's capable of disliking anything Maxis makes. Or if she is, she keeps it to herself because she wants to stay on EA's good side.

Deli has been critical of EA. I'm not even a regular viewer but I watch her reviews/overviews.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I haven't seen her own videos, but anytime she's in one of James' (TheSimSupply), she's been pretty open about things she isn't a big fan of for the game. *shrug* Maybe it's easier for her then because James is that way too or something, I dunno. But I don't see her 'fangirling' to that kind of degree. James likes the game too but is pretty open with his frustrations about bugs and things he'd like to see improved.

Just because a person likes the game doesn't mean they're blind and ignorant about it. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    @TheGoodOldGamer I see/hear the same. @Yoko2112 I don't know anything about her creations or much about the girl at all. I am a fan of James so I've watched some Deli. I think she showcases the releases well. Her criticisms aren't as extreme as LGR and I don't even agree with some but I don't get fangirl from her
  • Options
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

Deli has been critical of EA. I'm not even a regular viewer but I watch her reviews/overviews.

When she's critical of something it's mostly about CAS not meeting her one-dimensional taste in fashion and furniture.

"oErmGeee there are colors in this pack ? No no no no no no no !!!! Where the pastels at ? I would've loved some more pastels.... And you know, I love it in the black, the white, ooooh the gold !!! Oh no here's colors again ewwwww"

"Btw here's female tanned blonde Sim #26 that just looks just like 90% of my creations, I love her, she's gorgeous and really something different <3"

tumblr_luk5eeOBmh1r5r5uqo1_500.gif
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    pamy1124 wrote: »

I like Deligracy, but I feel like she's too much of a fan girl. I don't agree with her tastes a lot of the time either.

Free packs, Goodies, Invites to events, hands on stuff, and all that. Yes, that does something to people.

They are marketing 'tools'. Same goes for a lot of the ''Yibsims''.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    This thread is getting off topic, I apologize for my part in that.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited December 2016
    pamy1124 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I haven't bought it yet and I only saw LGR's review, i don't know if he just scanned through stuff like CAS, or if the SP really lacks CAS items.

I ask because I'm more of a CAS person.

I think it's worth it if you're looking for build/buy mode stuff. Not so much CAS, although the CAS items that are there are wonderful. The hair is beautiful, as is the jewelry and watches. Also my avatar sim is dressed in the clothes, jewelry, and hair from the pack - I love the top she's wearing.

His review wasn't very good - he missed many key items from the pack, so I wouldn't go by that to see whether to buy it or not.
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

This last LGR review really did miss the mark- if he's not into doing stuff packs I say just don't do them but the half hearted attempt looks like just pure paydaying to me. He knows people will click on the title just because it's his review and then there's nothing really there this time. I know it's his job and all but I think as a reviewer you have to stay true to the task and not kill your brand by becoming click bait.

Oh and Deligracy has something bad to say about EA/Maxis around 1% of the time and it's almost totally drowned out in GLEE about a necklace or a lace collar or something. I like her, she seems really sweet but honestly not entirely trustworthy in her reviews in my opinion. I get someone LOVING EVERYTHING about the Sims but come on...

Back on topic- the pack is TOO light on CAS. If making and clothing sims is your thing you'll probably be disappointed rather quickly. I think overall, for 10 dollars the pack is worth it, though. I LOVE what is there but I would have LOVED even more and I would have paid more for more. Fine with me if they just release Vintage Glamour Two and Three and Four for that matter.
  • Options
    @JasonAnthonySterling Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head here. Personally, I'm not gonna bother with LGR. I used to like how he was incredibly straightforward "here's what the pack has", "here's what you can do", "here's why I think it is or isn't worth it". He's no longer a fan of TS4, and as someone who is a fan of TS4, his advice doesn't really seem relevant to me anymore.

Meanwhile, Deligracy goes too far in the opposite direction. Whereas LGR is basically 99% disinterested and 1% enjoying the game, Deli's infectious enthusiasm is just far too much for me, to the point that I really have to question whether she's being honest or not. She's not the reviewer for me. Maybe other people like her reviews, but she's not for me.

I'll tell you who IS a good reviewer, and he's not even really a reviewer.
    CaptainSauce.
    His Life of Kevin series has ironically shown me far, far more that interests me about the various SPs and EPs than anything an actual reviewer has put out, because I don't just make Sims for the sake of making Sims. I tell stories, and seeing a storyteller's POV appeals to me.

Not just that, but CaptainSauce seems to go into every pack knowing nothing about what they contain. When he sees something cool and new, it's genuine, because he's not buying into the hype (or anti-hype) at all. When he dislikes something, he hasn't been skewed by other people's opinions.

Plus, he's funny, so that helps.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited December 2016
    @kwanzaabot thank you so much for reccing CaptainSauce I've been watching his videos and enjoying them so much!

And yeah he genuinely seems to enjoy the game but also isn't trying to over-sell it, I mean he's just playing it to play it and fanboy it it's a nice middle ground and just what I tend to look for when watching vids/reviews of games. Humor also definitely helps I sometimes find LGR humor forced and unfunny because it's clear he's not enjoying to product.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    It's as good as any of them. If you like them, you will probably like this.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    @kwanzaabot Thanks for recommending CaptainSauce, I just finished watching a few of his first videos and found them very entertaining. Subscribed! hehehe :)
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Its lacking CAS i got it for the butler mainly.... wow i paid $9.99 for a NPC
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)