Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do I have to sign into origin to play the game (corrected )

SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
edited December 2016 in PC - Technical Discussions
I have noticed lately I have to sing into origan everytime I want to play it , how do I not have this keep happening ? , so had a little panic what if my internet goes down then I won't be able to play it , thought I'd come on here to get an answer

Thanks and happy simming
Post edited by SamadamsPlayer on

Comments

• Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I play offline all the time. Don't think not having an internet connection will prevent you from playing.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    This might help :smiley:http://simscommunity.info/2014/09/11/sims-4-tutorial-play-offline/ (though the images in it are the "old" Origin design)

Also, I just wanted to say that I know you meant "sign" but I really like the idea of singing Origin commands :smile:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    I have noticed lately I have to sing into origan everytime I want to play it , how do I not have this keep happening ? , so had a little panic what if my internet goes down then I won't be able to play it , thought I'd come on here to get an answer
    My answer is: keep singing! B)
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    It's very annoying. They just want to track each players playing habits.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »

It is probably more about managing DRM. Origin functions no different than Steam in that regard. Upon verifying your installation the first time you are able to play offline.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    This might help :smiley:http://simscommunity.info/2014/09/11/sims-4-tutorial-play-offline/ (though the images in it are the "old" Origin design)

Also, I just wanted to say that I know you meant "sign" but I really like the idea of singing Origin commands :smile:

If I had to sing to Origin, my screen would probably crack. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »

Remember that "fun fact" last year about how many times have our sims woohooed? That actually scared me.
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    I don't like it either. If you want to let a friend try the game with your physical copy, it forces you to use an Origin account, YOUR account.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I can't stop picturing you singing into Origin to get it to work! I was genuinely confused by your post. You mean "sign" not "sing".
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I thought this was a new security feature having to use singing to sign in. :D
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    LOL. I legit thought you meant I had to sing into Origin to log in. And I was like, "That's great cuz I love singing. XD"

Anyways, I'm not getting this sign in problem. Dumb question but did you tick "remember me" when you log in?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LilMissMissy724LilMissMissy724 Posts: 89 Member
    They may want to track our playing habits but even that isn't technically working as my timer is stuck
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    In my game singing into origin would even make sense, because I established that my sims worship "Ea and Maxis in the holy land of origin". So it's perfectly believeably that they'd break into hymns now and then =)
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Glacier wrote: »
    My answer is: keep singing! B)

Yeah, but don't count on being better at singing all the time like sims are. But yes, singing is wonderful and could make you happy. :wink:
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Actually, I think it is BS how Origin is now. If you don't have internet when you are trying to play your game, it'll say you have to be online for the first time logging in. So you have to be online to log in and THEN can go offline. What about for those people that have no internet to be able to log in to go offline? It's BS.

It didn't use to be that way. I'd take my laptop on the truck when I'd go to work with my husband and play Sims 4 offline all the time. Now I have to turn my phone into a hot spot, connect to origin and then go offline.

I'd be screwed if my internet goes out at my house. We have satellite internet that I imagine will come and go once spring rolls around and it really ticks me off to think I won't be able to play my game when I have no internet cause I can't use my phone as a hot spot with my pc since I connect to the internet thru ethernet cord.

Origin really needs to fix this and allow players to actually play their game offline, not this log in online to go offline then play your game.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited December 2016
    Omg I did mean sign , lol Soz I have dyslexia and always get those two mixed up :p , I'm laughing at myself now , I don't have the remember me option so must be something wrong with origin

Thanks and happy simming
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member

That made me smile too! :D
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Actually, I think it is plum how Origin is now. If you don't have internet when you are trying to play your game, it'll say you have to be online for the first time logging in. So you have to be online to log in and THEN can go offline. What about for those people that have no internet to be able to log in to go offline? It's plum.

It didn't use to be that way. I'd take my laptop on the truck when I'd go to work with my husband and play Sims 4 offline all the time. Now I have to turn my phone into a hot spot, connect to origin and then go offline.

I'd be screwed if my internet goes out at my house. We have satellite internet that I imagine will come and go once spring rolls around and it really ticks me off to think I won't be able to play my game when I have no internet cause I can't use my phone as a hot spot with my pc since I connect to the internet thru ethernet cord.

Origin really needs to fix this and allow players to actually play their game offline, not this log in online to go offline then play your game.

This exact same thing happens to me too! I have to physically unplug the wifi adapter from my desktop, otherwise Origin will see the connection, even if it's in offline mode, and will give me the message of having to sign in online the first time. Sooo frustrating!!!

I use Steam as well. If I put Steam into offline mode it will stay offline until I tell it to connect, regardless of my computer having an internet connection or not. This is the way Origin should work!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1