Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR's review of Vintage Glamour Stuff

Comments

• Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    LuckySky wrote: »
    Seems as though a lot people are a little salty because LGR doesn't like a stuff that the majority enjoy.

Or maybe people are salty because LGR is salty and his saltiness is seeping into his videos making them salty too?
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Gotta agree with him about the clothes and hair.
    I love the tie and suspenders and the smoking jacket, but all women get is some kinda pencil dress? Big whoop. Where's the pillbox hats? The Marilyn Monroe dresses? Audrey Hepburn hair? Where's the epic mutton chops and handlebar mustaches?

Supposedly they were gonna call this "Red Carpet Stuff", but I see very, very little to do with classic Hollywood. Especially not anything people would wear on the red carpet. And "vintage glamour" implies clothing. Not objects, which seems to be the focus of this pack. If it's gonna be an object pack, just call it "Art Deco Stuff", since that's basically what it is.

I agree w/Kwanzaa here and feel like this SP was a low budget stocking filler for Christmas. There are quite a few clothing items that we already had and now they are simply re-badged with the Diamond symbol to signify they are from this "Vintage Era" SP. That's pure laziness and cheating in my book. I'm not into vintage clothing and haven't used these items thus far and won't be using them now that they are simply renamed. I've wondered how many other simmers have noticed this latest slight-of-hand by EA.

All of my sims are independently wealthy but still will not need a Butler. My sims spend their days enjoying their lives doing whatever they want to whether it's singing karaoke in San Myshuno or woohooing their cares away while the kids are at school. I rarely used the Butler in the past sims series and with this generation most of the lots are so small that we can't build houses on a grand scale. And the World Globe that is being touted is another "steal" since there's a modder, coolspear1 that has had the storage mods which include the original world globe object in the game. His mod is MUCH better as our sims can access all the "Juice" drinks AND many special mood meals as well.

I would also happily pay $20.00 for a SP that had more GAMEPLAY additions... Like a POOL TABLE! And MORE sports related activities that the entire FAMILY can participate in. Like Sim Gnubb, Volleyball, Football Tossing, Baseball Catching, Frisbee Tossing or some new sport that we haven't had yet, like Tennis. C'mon EA, it's time to pull your head out and give us something that we all have asked for now!
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Seems as though a lot people are a little salty because LGR doesn't like a stuff that the majority enjoy.

Or maybe people are salty because LGR is salty and his saltiness is seeping into his videos making them salty too?

His videos are entirely optional to view. There is no sense getting worked up over a YT video that you aren't required to watch at any point in time, especially if you don't agree with the content. I actually enjoy the "saltiness" - shows me he isn't one of those paid promoters who give Maxis 5 stars in exchange for freebies.

I was being sarcastic - should have noted that. Sorry.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

His videos are entirely optional to view. There is no sense getting worked up over a YT video that you aren't required to watch at any point in time, especially if you don't agree with the content. I actually enjoy the "saltiness" - shows me he isn't one of those paid promoters who give Maxis 5 stars in exchange for freebies.

I was being sarcastic - should have noted that. Sorry.

It's all good :smile:
  • Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member

Sound like people need to lay off all the sodium, it isn't good for their blood pressure.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    I would also happily pay $20.00 for a SP that had more GAMEPLAY additions... Like a POOL TABLE! And MORE sports related activities that the entire FAMILY can participate in. Like Sim Gnubb, Volleyball, Football Tossing, Baseball Catching, Frisbee Tossing or some new sport that we haven't had yet, like Tennis. C'mon EA, it's time to pull your head out and give us something that we all have asked for now!

Sounds like you are asking more for a GP than a SP :wink:
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Well not really... If EA would add even 2 sports or some more entertainment objects per SP then it could still be done that way. :)
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

How is this any different than when people tell others if they don't like a pack not to buy it? People still get upset when people tell them that.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Overall, I like the pack. I just wish it had more CAS. :|
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited December 2016
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    I am known for criticizing the game heavly but even then i think the review wasn't fair. Stuff packs were never meant for 'substantial gameplay', maybe you could find a really useful one here and there but most of them are just dedicated to a certain small theme that can't be made into a GP or EP that contain little gameplay objects, CAS, & build-mode objects which what this pack did :) I agree tho...we could've gotten more CAS stuff

but it only has like 20 items in total. It's a tiny pack. Even compared to previous SPs this is pathetic :(

Just because I'm tired of people lying, I booted up the game to get the exact numbers:

Hairs 5 (2 female, 1 male, 1 male child, 1 female child)
    Earings: 2 (2 female)
    Necklaces: 2 (2 female)
    Glasses: 2 (1 female, 1 male)
    Tops: 5 (2 female, 2 male, 1 male child)
    Bottoms: 1 (1 female)
    Full body: 7 (3 female, 3 male, 1 female child)
    Accessories: 3 (2 female. 1 male)
    Shoes: 5 (3 female, 1 male)

So in cas we have 31 items. In cas alone we have more than your like 20 items.

Now on to build/buy: 41

So in total we have 71 items. (Plus a new tv channel) (Edited because I forgot children so it's 71 now)

Compared to sims 3:

High end loft stuff had around 65 items
    70's 80's 90's stuff had around 72 items
    (I only have a few on here because these are the only two stuff packs where I could find the exact number of stuff, I don't feel like booting up sims 3 but I assure you they're all around here)

People need to stop LYING. Sims 4 stuff packs have around the SAME amount of stuff as previous packs, AS WELL as with added gameplay objects AND it's half the price.

Fair enough. Should have said "feels like". I really don't know what is wrong with me, but with Movie Hangout Stuff it actually felt like lots of stuff for example. And with this one it feels like barely anything on the STUFF part, but with some premium gameplay objects thrown in. Maybe it's because the theme of the SP doesn't stand out to me enough for me to differentiate and notice the build/buy items? Maybe they should have axed CAS all together and put that as a separate thing, because it also doesn't feel like its enough CAS items (maybe because it's spread trough 2 genders and some items went to children)?
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I am known for criticizing the game heavly but even then i think the review wasn't fair. Stuff packs were never meant for 'substantial gameplay', maybe you could find a really useful one here and there but most of them are just dedicated to a certain small theme that can't be made into a GP or EP that contain little gameplay objects, CAS, & build-mode objects which what this pack did :) I agree tho...we could've gotten more CAS stuff

but it only has like 20 items in total. It's a tiny pack. Even compared to previous SPs this is pathetic :(

Just because I'm tired of people lying, I booted up the game to get the exact numbers:

So in total we have 71 items. (Plus a new tv channel) (Edited because I forgot children so it's 71 now)

Compared to sims 3:

(I only have a few on here because these are the only two stuff packs where I could find the exact number of stuff, I don't feel like booting up sims 3 but I assure you they're all around here)

People need to stop LYING. Sims 4 stuff packs have around the SAME amount of stuff as previous packs, AS WELL as with added gameplay objects AND it's half the price.

I'm sorry but the math nerd in me is raging at your incorrect function.

CAS + Build/Buy = Total
    31 + 41 = 72

71 =/= 72!!!!! :trollface:
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    ENolan wrote: »

Compared to sims 3:

I'm sorry but the math nerd in me is raging at your incorrect function.

CAS + Build/Buy = Total
    31 + 41 = 72

71 =/= 72!!!!! :trollface:

Oopsie! It's because I went back and edited since I forgot the children cas. I swear I know addition, I'll edit It :D
  • Options

Compared to sims 3:

Fair enough. Should have said "feels like". I really don't know what is wrong with me, but with Movie Hangout Stuff it actually felt like lots of stuff for example. And with this one it feels like barely anything on the STUFF part, but with some premium gameplay objects thrown in. Maybe it's because the theme of the SP doesn't stand out to me enough for me to differentiate and notice the build/buy items? Maybe they should have axed CAS all together and put that as a separate thing, because it also doesn't feel like its enough CAS items (maybe because it's spread trough 2 genders and some items went to children)?

I can respect if you don't like the quality of a stuffpack. I was just irritated because people always try to say sims 3 stuff packs had more when they didn't.

Sims 4 stuff packs are soo much of a better deal.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It was mostly about the butler and yes EA could have gone further but it would have taken more time and money thus we would have to pay more.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Gotta agree with him about the clothes and hair.
    I love the tie and suspenders and the smoking jacket, but all women get is some kinda pencil dress? Big whoop. Where's the pillbox hats? The Marilyn Monroe dresses? Audrey Hepburn hair? Where's the epic mutton chops and handlebar mustaches?

Supposedly they were gonna call this "Red Carpet Stuff", but I see very, very little to do with classic Hollywood. Especially not anything people would wear on the red carpet. And "vintage glamour" implies clothing. Not objects, which seems to be the focus of this pack. If it's gonna be an object pack, just call it "Art Deco Stuff", since that's basically what it is.

I agree w/Kwanzaa here and feel like this SP was a low budget stocking filler for Christmas. There are quite a few clothing items that we already had and now they are simply re-badged with the Diamond symbol to signify they are from this "Vintage Era" SP. That's pure laziness and cheating in my book. I'm not into vintage clothing and haven't used these items thus far and won't be using them now that they are simply renamed. I've wondered how many other simmers have noticed this latest slight-of-hand by EA.

All of my sims are independently wealthy but still will not need a Butler. My sims spend their days enjoying their lives doing whatever they want to whether it's singing karaoke in San Myshuno or woohooing their cares away while the kids are at school. I rarely used the Butler in the past sims series and with this generation most of the lots are so small that we can't build houses on a grand scale. And the World Globe that is being touted is another "steal" since there's a modder, coolspear1 that has had the storage mods which include the original world globe object in the game. His mod is MUCH better as our sims can access all the "Juice" drinks AND many special mood meals as well.

What are you on about? All of the stuff is new.
  • Options
    sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    edited December 2016
    a certain sims fanboy in this thread needs to take a chill pill
    Post edited by sinnyonce on
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    sinnyonce wrote: »
    a certain sims 4 fanboy in this thread needs to take a chill pill

Since you're probably talking about me, I should remind you that calling people fanboys and haters are against forum rules, I'd suggest you edit your post. ;)

Why is it okay for people to tear apart a game left and right but people can't defend it?

I'm sure most people in this thread are mature enough to handle debating without resorting to namecalling like fanboy and hater.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

So in total we have 71 items. (Plus a new tv channel) (Edited because I forgot children so it's 72 now)

Compared to sims 3:

I'm sorry but your numbers don't add up.

For example, you write:
    First of all, 3+1 it's not 5, and second of all, you are counting the same shoes twice as the male shoes are the same as one of the females. So the real shoe count is 3 not 5.

Glasses: you also count the same pair of glasses twice, there is only 1 and not 2.

Accessories: again, you count the same watch twice.

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    *headdesk*
  • Options

So in total we have 71 items. (Plus a new tv channel) (Edited because I forgot children so it's 72 now)

Compared to sims 3:

For example, you write:
    First of all, 3+1 it's not 5, and second of all, you are counting the same shoes twice as the male shoes are the same as one of the females. So the real shoe count is 3 not 5.

Glasses: you also count the same pair of glasses twice, there is only 1 and not 2.

I made a few mistakes in my math as I've said because I had to edit everything to account for children. So apologies for that.

And the items DO count as multiple if they are for both genders in cas. I counted it this way for sims 3 as well, if an item was for both genders I've counted it.

Sims 4 can already have any clothing on any gender, but to be fair I didn't count them multiple times.

Even if you don't count the same item for both genders, it's still around the same amount of items as sims 3 stuff packs.
  • Options
    sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    sinnyonce wrote: »
    a certain sims 4 fanboy in this thread needs to take a chill pill

Since you're probably talking about me, I should remind you that calling people fanboys and haters are against forum rules, I'd suggest you edit your post. ;)

Why is it okay for people to tear apart a game left and right but people can't defend it?

I'm sure most people in this thread are mature enough to handle debating without resorting to namecalling like fanboy and hater.

forum rules also say people have a right to express their opinion even if they dislike the sims 4. ;)
    so how about you stop harassing everyone in this thread and trying to convert them?
  • Options

Compared to sims 3:

For example, you write:

I made a few mistakes in my math as I've said because I had to edit everything to account for children. So apologies for that.

And the items DO count as multiple if they are for both genders in cas. I counted it this way for sims 3 as well, if an item was for both genders I've counted it.

Sims 4 can already have any clothing on any gender, but to be fair I didn't count them multiple times.

Even if you don't count the same item for both genders, it's still around the same amount of items as sims 3 stuff packs.

Even if I'm critical with TS4 packs, I think they are usually best value for money than most TS3 stuff packs and store bundles.
    This one specifically leaves me wanting more objects and cas items. Maybe because I love this kind of style, maybe it could have been a GP instead of an SP. With adding more objects, cas items and maybe a cinema career (actor/director) and a couple of traits for example.

I just think that if you are going to write in capital letters that people are LYING you should be more thorough on your count. And also specify that you have counted some items twice because you believe that you should do so because it can be used on both male and female.

Sorry, I really don't want any argument.
  • Options

Compared to sims 3:

For example, you write:

Even if I'm critical with TS4 packs, I think they are usually best value for money than most TS3 stuff packs and store bundles.
    This one specifically leaves me wanting more objects and cas items. Maybe because I love this kind of style, maybe it could have been a GP instead of an SP. With adding more objects, cas items and maybe a cinema career (actor/director) and a couple of traits for example.

I just think that if you are going to write in capital letters that people are LYING you should be more thorough on your count. And also specify that you have counted some items twice because you believe that you should do so because it can be used on both male and female.

There's no argument intended. Even if I was off by a couple numbers though it's still waaay more than 20. I got irritated which I shouldn't have.

I actually don't care too much for this pack. The build and buy stuff is Meh. I love the new beds and the gameplay objects. I also adore cas and really wish we got more hair styles and clothes.

Other than that it's not my favorite stuff pack, kind of average.
  • Options

Compared to sims 3:

For example, you write:

There's no argument intended. Even if I was off by a couple numbers though it's still waaay more than 20. I got irritated which I shouldn't have.

I actually don't care too much for this pack. The build and buy stuff is Meh. I love the new beds and the gameplay objects. I also adore cas and really wish we got more hair styles and clothes.

Other than that it's not my favorite stuff pack, kind of average.

Glad to hear your point :)
    I wish all "arguments" on the forums were as the one we just had!