Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy a Toddler expansion?

Comments

• Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    Yeah, I would. Mostly because it's a lifestage, it's a 'must have' in terms of gameplay. However, I know most people would be really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off, because they assume toddlers will be free via Patch.
  • Options
    rabidkitty07rabidkitty07 Posts: 416 Member
    No because we shouldn't have to pay for something that should have been part of the base game.
    My Origin ID: rabidkitty7

• Options
    kcking2371kcking2371 Posts: 39 Member
    > @Erpe said:
    > kcking2371 wrote: »
    >
    > Hopefully it would be an EP that not only had toddlers, but a more family orientated EP. like Generations in S3, and while their at it fix the teens so they look like actual teens. I really hate the fact that teens, YA, adults and elders all have the same clothing and features.
    >
    >
    >
    > Fixing teens won't happen because they can't just make them shorter now. If they did that they would also have to scratch all clothes, objects and interactions for teens because they won't work correctly for shorter teens. All such things would therefore have to be scratched and made in new versions for the new shorter teens and what should they then do with the old higher teens which still would exist in people's savegames?
    >
    > I also don't believe that toddlers will ever be added to TS4 because it becomes more expensive to add them for every expansion they have released. The reason is that unless they restrict toddlers to a special toddler neighborhood they will also have to make modifications to all earlier released expansions to make them compatible with toddlers. But who can imagine that they will restrict toddlers to special toddler neighborhoods like they did with the young adults when they added them to TS2 in a way so young adults only could live in the special university neighborhoods?

I understand they can't fix the height, but they could fix other features, like the clothing, they should not have the same as the others, and how elders and adults have wrinkles, you should be able to add things to them to make them appear younger. The other thing that they could fix, is aspirations..I want the teens to have their own like children do.
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    It should be free but at this time I would buy it . Do to I want toddlers so bad , and babies free from being chain to the crib .
  • Options
    tee03tee03 Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes Yes.... I would buy it!!! i just want toddlers
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,421 Member
    Depends on what it comes with. If it's toddlers with tons of more options like an open daycare they can go to, nannies, private school for older kids, tons of toys including all the ones that came with previous games for toddlers, a ton of toddler interactions, and lots of nursery furniture including a functional changing table, high chairs, strollers, and cribs, then yes I would buy it. Anything less and the answer is no.
  • Options
    FarmGirl2004FarmGirl2004 Posts: 1 New Member
    I definitely think they should make an expansion for just toddlers and toddler things! It would be a great choice for the EA and Maxi's team. It would make most of the users happy and it would be a great financial choice for them.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I'd be fine with them putting toddlers in a patch and then doing a GP or SP with extra bits for them.
    I can't imagine the fallout if they ask us to pay for things that should've been in the base game.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 716 Member
    If it were part of a Generations EP, then yes. I wouldn't pay just for Toddlers because it's something that should've been in the base game.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    No, I would not pay for toddlers. They should be patched in and then if they do a GP for Generations then that I would buy. I do like have toddlers and the fact if you get tired of playing them as a toddler you can age them up. I age up my children after awhile.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    No i definitively won't buy a EP/GP/SP to get toddler, don't get me wrong, i love them and i really want them back but this would just be a scandal.

It's like if you go to a fast food, order your meal and pay, tell you that you'll have to wait for your French fry because they haven't plan that so many people wanted them, came back 2 hours later and said that they finally have it but that you must paid to get them, even if you have already paid your entire meal 2 hours ago. Ridiculous right ?

That's exactly how i feel if someone ask me if i would paid for toddler.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Nope. Maxis can charge for whatever content they want, but I am not interested in footing the bill for stuff they openly admitted to running out of time for.

Toddlers should be in a free patch. Charging for them send a big hand gesture to everyone who they burned by excluding them in the first place.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2016
    While I completely agree that Toddlers should release as patch content for free, I also think that IF EA decides to release them as DLC, people will still buy it anyway. They have nothing to lose anyway.

We are all (if you like toddlers) so desperate for them by now so that they know we would even pay for them.
    People saying that they aren't going to do it; think twice.

• Options
    infinitelysimmerinfinitelysimmer Posts: 37 Member
    Sadly, yes. I feel like a huge part of the game is missing without toddlers since I play more with families. When a baby jumps out of the crib into being a kid its just...... I don't know. I feel like during a sims toddler stages, you are teaching them everything about life. From walking to talking, somethings just really special about it and it makes me feel like I know the sim a lot more. Almost like I have a better relationship with the sim? Sounds a little strange, but I don't know how else I cant put it into words.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    While I completely agree that Toddlers should release as patch content for free, I also think that IF EA decides to release them as DLC, people will still buy it anyway. They have nothing to lose anyway.

We are all (if you like toddlers) so desperate for them by now so that they know we would even pay for them.

i did it, think twice, but no way. I don't bother if they put toddler with basic items in an update and later made a GP/SP just for them.
    But if toddler are paid content, this will be the end of sims 4 for me, even with sims 5 if there is one.
    i do love toddler, but there is things that i just can't accept.
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    I refuse to pay for base game content like toddlers. I've stopped to play and uninstalled the sims 4 months ago. If toddlers came back in a patch, I will try the game again. And maybe if something of interesting came out (seasons, pets, or supernaturals) I may even buy some expansions.
    Othervise, I'll keep play the sims 3 and the sims 2.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    No because we shouldn't have to pay for something that should have been part of the base game.
    Therefore EA's problem now is that they can't remove the multitasking (which they chose to make instead of toddlers) from the game and replace it with toddlers. So toddlers can't return to the game until TS5 is released ;)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Yes, I think so too. Even though I agree with anyone saying we shouldn't, I think most would. Especially when they would be done right and cute and all.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Honestly? No. I absolutely would not.
    I'm not that desperate for them -- it would be nothing but a slap to the face if they decided they were going to charge for a life stage that should have been included in the base game at the start.

I WOULD purchase a Generations type EP/toddler related packs IF the toddlers were released as a free patch.

I love(d) my sims games before.. but I would see this as the team using their consumers as nothing more but a doormat, and I wouldn't participate with it anymore. If someone chose to support that, and pay for toddlers.. that's entirely their decision. But it definitely wouldn't be mine.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    let me give my opinion on this subject.

NOPE!
  • Options
    i cant see paying for a lifestage no matter what else is included.
    people dont grow from babies to children with the option of buying toddlerhood.

if toddlers are added it needs to be a base game update or you can keep it.

next thing you know sims 5 will be charging for the grim reaper to collect your dead. no thanks
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am Gothic type player, But Yes I would buy it, cause Toddler's are part of Sim life, Toddler's are to cute for Me to pass up, :)
  • Options
    thats why we will keep getting milked for more and more money with less and less satisfaction. people shouldnt stand for paying more for something that should already be in the game. bad enough we get incomplete stuff with broken updates. maybe if there is a sims 10 we can eventually pay seperately for each line of code.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,734 Member
    Nope. They should come in a free update.
  • Options
    aka_moiaka_moi Posts: 86 Member
    Yes. Because that's really the only way that the developers have the resources to do toddlees properly, with flushed out animations and enough assets to make them fun. But I'm of the opinion that we're never getting toddlers in the game, because the developers don't care enough about what the sim community wants. We would have had them by now if they did.