Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cleaning lag

I have an issue with the cleaning in my game. Plates and trash bags. They just hold it for hours, frozen and then eventually move. I ended up hiring a maid because it was taking so long and I noticed she would freeze up too. Is anyone having a similar issue? I played again today and it seemed to not happen as much but I didn't play for as long as I did before. With Butlers coming I really would like functions like this working properly.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Hello
    Is it only happening in one household or all the households in your game? Try testing to see if it occurs with other households too.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

• Options
    JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
    Thank-you. I believe it might be the CC. I took the folder out, like you suggested. I turned the game back on and picked up the garbage someone knocked over. It only froze for a few seconds. When I went to clean the dishes it ran smoothly. I exited and tried again with the mods folder in and she picked the garbage up and stood there for several in-game hours I eventually just cancelled the interaction and after a little she dropped it and then tried again with the dishes and she wouldnt budge.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Hello
    It sounds like mods/cc are causing the issues. Try testing to see which are the cause of the issues.
    If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • Options
    JesseJayJesseJay Posts: 300 Member
    Thank-you. I think I figured out which one it is. I was using the simulation lag fix mod from MTS. I tested it about 4 times with and without. That seemed to be causing the issue ironically enough. The last test when I took it out the only time it froze was when she picked the garbage can up but only for a few seconds and then after that everything ran smoothly.

I haven't tested any other families yet but it seemed to be that mod.