Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you sacrifice for a faster game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @dw4518 - You're playing TS3 on a Zenbook? Cool, those are powerful little puppies. Unfortunately your model only has an integrated graphics chip and that would not be upgradable. No matter how spiffy the rest of its specs are, It's not just not going to be able to handle the heaviest EPs (Pets and Seasons) very well.

yeah I think it's a Zenbook. I bought it to be light and portable yet able to play sims... It does manage to play most of the time, but the performance isn't amazing.

I've used Register to stop all the animals now so there's just one dog and one horse in my world. Hopefully they're not the problem because I kind of like them!
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    In the first place, cc. I don't have a lot of it, but I have a bit and I already survived without. Then, I'll start with my store content and then it will be the SP's and then the EP's. But, hopefully it will never go to that. When I have to I will just save money for a new PC and since Sims3 is still popular, I can't imagine EA will drop it anytime soon.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2016
    dw4518 wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »
    @dw4518 - You're playing TS3 on a Zenbook? Cool, those are powerful little puppies. Unfortunately your model only has an integrated graphics chip and that would not be upgradable. No matter how spiffy the rest of its specs are, It's not just not going to be able to handle the heaviest EPs (Pets and Seasons) very well.

yeah I think it's a Zenbook. I bought it to be light and portable yet able to play sims... It does manage to play most of the time, but the performance isn't amazing.

I've used Register to stop all the animals now so there's just one dog and one horse in my world. Hopefully they're not the problem because I kind of like them!
    I hope you have success with that, but I'm expecting it's the mere existence of the heavy EPs that are putting undue stress on things not the frequency of animals or weather appearing in-game. There are Zenbooks with dedicated graphics cards but of course those models are more expensive, approaching $2,000 (US Dollars) depending on screen size, and this isn't a cheap product line to begin with. I wouldn't have made this choice for simming. The trade-off is that you can't really have an ultra lightweight portable with all of the power, stability, and cooling needed for graphics intensive gaming. The more powerful components and then the required cooling mechanisms add to the weight, which is why gaming class laptops in other product lines are generally so much heavier.

This is (one) reason why MacBook Air/Pro users struggle with the game, setting aside issues with the Mac version of TS3 unrelated to that for the moment. The lighter weight super portable models aren't designed for this kind of use, the heavier duty ones are a pain to carry around. The Zenbooks I've seen feel and act like higher end MacBook Airs (running Windows of course), just maybe a bit stronger.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net