Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you take from every previous Sims game to make a great TS5?

There are a few things I would like to borrow from each game to make TS5 awesome :smile:

The Sims 1: The charm, restaurants, cake dancers and the mime.

THe Sims 2: Party scenarios, memories, option to get into your car, edit neighbourhood and Meadow Thayer

The Sims 3: Everything including CAW and CASt except car spawning, celebrity and social groups virus and Save Errors.

The Sims 4: fast load times, CAS and the option to move and save rooms.

What's your views? :smile:
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    The Sims 1: various Superstar things, such as recording studios, filming movies and celebrities showing up at parties

The Sims 2: nothing, I hated that game

The Sims 3: Seasons, playable pets, nectar making, martial arts, vacation worlds based on different areas around the globe

The Sims 4: emotion system, graphics, CAS system, boxed off neighborhoods with fast load times
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Can I include new things that weren't in the previous game as well? I would list along with what I want it bringing back? :)

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    The Sims 1: Kiss a frog to find your prince. Ghost are scary. Disease spreads & kills.

The Sims 2: Die from fright or wet your pants from seeing a ghost. Quickly humor. Memories. Gossips spreads to other sims who gossip. Report witness cheating to friends and family. Sims have a full personality with a point system. Sims don't flit with the in-laws or step parents. Fears & wants. Vacation hoods. Toddlers. Turn ons/offs. Hobbies. Parties without a to do list. Just as fun for sims to fail (break downs) as succeed.

The Sims 3: CAS swatches. Open hoods. Seasons & festivals (egg hunting, haunted house, trick or treat). Supernaturals (witch, fairy, vampires). Pets.

The Sims 4: Build mode, move roofs & rooms around. Save rooms. CAS create a sim.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thanks for the good feedback so far :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited September 2016
    The new build mode/CAS stuff from 4 but with a slightly less intense graphics style, with room for gloom and realism. CASt, Open World, Swimmable oceans, Vampires, Dragons, Roaring Heights, Cars, Bikes, Resorts, weather, pets and well, basically just everything from 3. The memory system (Edit: consequences that last more then 3 sim hours) and smoothness of 2 along with highly detailed mechanics for things like Retail and Restaurants. Darker humor and adult situations.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The Sims:
    • the iconic music
    • the backyard rocket
    • Drew Carey
    • Sims giving me that look
    • the Newbies and the Goths

The Sims 2:
    • the Slacker career (that was 2, right?)
    • apartments with neighbours
    • the super-high post-patch maximum population level
    • Strangetown
    • fun Toddlers
    • fears, turn-ons, and turn-offs
    • Cowplants and Plantsims
    • Don Lothario and Mrs. Crumplebottom
    • Ikea Stuff

The Sims 3:
    • the ability to turn supernaturals on and off
    • autoroofs
    • create-a-world, terrain tools, and lot removing and adding
    • the age-length options
    • Sunset Valley
    • never having a household member out of my immediate control behind Away options
    • the beautiful weather!
    • Lunar Lakes (I know, that's an odd one, but I loved it)
    • Fairies

The Sims 4
    • CAS, gender options, all the clothes as maternity clothes
    • the fast performance and frequent updates
    • multitasking
    • Alien disguises
    • Game Packs
    • the aging options set separately for townies, played, and active
    • the time flow
    • Windenburg
    • switchable Aspirations
    • hard but not impossible bill levels
    • the Gallery
    • the Club system
    • stuff we don't have yet because the game is only 2 years old :)

Things I still want but haven't had before:
    • being able to add and remove worlds from an individual save
    • a full, in-game per-save checklist of options for story progression, population handling, etc.
    • assigning my own NPC roles
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @luthienrising Thanks for the feedback :smile:

I actually agree with the TS1 music being awesome and the Slacker Career was in both TS1 and TS2. It was an interesting one but wouldn't have fitted in with TS3 and the rabbet holes. It would have made an interesting active career though :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I actually agree with the TS1 music being awesome and the Slacker Career was in both TS1 and TS2. It was an interesting one but wouldn't have fitted in with TS3 and the rabbet holes. It would have made an interesting active career though :smile:
    Active Convenience Store Clerk? Okay, that actually has potential...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Active Convenience Store Clerk? Okay, that actually has potential...

Well there was the grocery store part time career which would have meant there would have been no need for that job.

An active golf caddy would have been interesting considering I once had a chance card telling me that a Sim had been struck by lighting :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    edited October 2016
    I personally think there should be a lot more hobbies and sports in the game. And I think from the sims 2 and as well as CAW in sims 3, we should be able to make neighborhoods/worlds in game.
    Post edited by krabby_pattiess on
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    TS2: Funny Salsa music.
    TS3 (console): districts
    TS4: CAS, BUILD MODE & GALLERY
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    TS1: the Xtreme and Circus careers, the roller coasters from Magic Town
    TS2: the personality point system, toddlers, the chance cards (with option to ignore)
    TS3: witches, bands, the Omni plant, TS3 version of ambrosia, CAW
    TS4: CAS, build mode, the Gallery, 5 outfits that Sims can choose from, clubs, aliens

And I agree with @luthienrising on the things to add: ability to choose which worlds are available in a save, ability to control NPC generation
  • Options
    @lukas11xxf and @MVWdeZT thanks for your feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    Ts2: Wants and Fears, the aspiration failures and the sims' social interactions, *Sneak out* for Teens
    Ts3: CASt, some of Open World, Terrain tools, TODDLERS and teens (Generations Teens were good) aliens were best in seasons...the freedom of build mode. (constrainfloorelevation false)
    Ts4: Gardening...the CAS is better i guess. Lighting....restaurant system is very good. Ability to edit it wall height....building decor. (Window shutters and stuff). We don't need pregnancy morphs anymore. Good.
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    TS1: the Xtreme and Circus careers, the roller coasters from Magic Town
    TS2: the personality point system, toddlers, the chance cards (with option to ignore)
    TS3: witches, bands, the Omni plant, TS3 version of ambrosia, CAW
    TS4: CAS, build mode, the Gallery, 5 outfits that Sims can choose from, clubs, aliens

And I agree with @luthienrising on the things to add: ability to choose which worlds are available in a save, ability to control NPC generation

I would want rollercoasters from TS3 though
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Sims 2: Toddlers, more family interactions, cut scenes
    Sims 3: TODDLERS, open worlds, cast, nrass style story progression, memories, ghost babies, controllable pets, everything from Seasons, 5 traits
    Sims 4: Draggable cas, emotions
  • Options
    Oh wait, how could I forget:
    Please add back NERVOUS SUBJECT!!!
  • Options
    @Simtown15 Thanks for the comment and welcome to the forums :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Simtown15 Thanks for the comment and welcome to the forums :smiley:
    Actually, I've been here for shortly over a year. I'm just waiting to get more page views. '
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 - I think I'm experiencing a bit of memory loss because although I owned everything from the Sims and the Sims 2, I can't remember what came from where, so please forgive me if I've mixed anything up. I think Sims 3 is where I really fell in love with the series!

The Sims
    - Makin' Magic

The Sims 2
    - The Nanny

The Sims 3
    - Seasons
    - Build Mode (I like that it's complicated and sometimes cheats are necessary to build how you want); I also like seeing other creators build things that make me scratch my head and go 'Wow, that's amazing! How did they do that?'
    - Open World
    - CASt
    - Quirky personalities and the faces Sims make
    - Careers and Professions

The Sims 4
    - CAS (the ability to mold your Sims, not the way they look)

Beyond
    - More realistic looking Sims, not cartoony, with more realistic hair (like what you'd see from CC)
    - More clutter
    - More curtains to fit more windows
    - Better lighting when split leveling builds

That's all I can think of for the moment. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2016
    The Sims
    - The amazing music
    - Tragic Clown
    - Personality points/zodiac signs (Have some common sense, though! Twins and triplets should all have the same zodiac sign!)
    - The Welcome Wagon (An ability to turn in on/off would be nice, though)

The Sims 2
    - The Social Bunny
    - Wants/whims, fears, turn ons/offs
    - TODDLERS
    - Parties/Social events (Birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, weddings, etc)
    - The Nanny
    - Cut scenes
    - Aspiration failure
    - Memories
    - Aliens (WITHOUT the xenophobia; I'm looking at you, TS4!)
    - Chance cards (But give us an option to enable/disable them or at least give us that handy dandy Ignore button; Again, I'm looking at you TS4!)
    - Aspiration/career rewards
    - Apartments
    - All the goofy cheat items like the Tombstone of Life and Death
    - The different Reaper animations depending on how Sims/Pets die. I loved how the Reaper would show up with a bunch of hula girls and behave as if your Sim was going on vacation if they died of old age. I also loved the adorable animations the Reaper has in TS3 when pets die. Not gonna lie, that made me tear up.
    - STRANGETOWN

The Sims 3
    - Open world
    - CASt
    - Opportunities (But please make them sensible! I am not sending my child on vacation across the world for a school project!)
    - World collectibles (bugs, rocks, gems, snakes, turtles, birds, rodents, etc)
    - Traits (I'd love to be able to pick up to five again as opposed to three in TS4.)
    - Moodlets
    - Cars that can actually be driven
    - Seasons
    - All the Generations content
    - University
    - Pets
    - Supernaturals (With the ability to turn them on and off; No Sims autonomously becoming supernaturals unless allowed!)

The Sims 4
    - CAS (I love how to can just mold your Sims with a click and drag, as well as the voice slider and walk styles)
    - Open gender options (Sims can wear any clothing, advanced gender settings)
    - All clothing can be maternity wear
    - Emotions
    - Alien disguises (But don't make them a requirement, and don't make Sims so MEAN to undisguised aliens. HINT HINT.)
    - Bonus aspiration traits
    - Reward traits
    - The option to switch aspirations
    - The Gallery
    - Festivals (Arguably this point could've been included with Seasons, but oh well)

Beyond
    - The ability to enable/disable the Welcome Wagon, or to send away the neighbors without them getting upset
    - STORY PROGRESSION
    - Lots of career options! I'd love to see as many of the careers that have shown up throughout the series used in TS5 as possible
    - I'd also love to see as many returning Sims as possible
    - As funny as it sounds, there were some features in Sims console/handheld games that I would love to see make a comeback. In reference to the point above, there were some really cool Sims in the console/handheld games that were never seen again
    - Expanded Sim/Alien genetics. So the offspring of an Alien and a Sim can have Alien skin but normal Sim eyes, right? Well, why can't the other way around happen? I think that would be really neat!
    - ALL the foods! I love the foods!
  • Options
    CountFavCountFav Posts: 352 Member
    edited November 2016
    I miss the fun and randomness of Sims 1
    W.C. Friendly, Miss Lucille, Miss Crumplebottom, Santa Claus, Actually I miss a lot of NCP's they add fun game play
    The music
    Magic Town was fun, I liked how the supernatural stuff was confined to that world unless you brought it home.
    Vacation was good too. It combined vacations and seasons sort of
    Fashion, circus and Hacker careers
    Curved stairs
    Carpool

Sims 2
    University
    Memories
    Teen sneak out
    Ikea SP
    H&M SP, I used those two all the time
    Architecture, Artist, Military , Law, Journalism, Game Development, Education careers
    Mansard roofs
    Murphy beds
    Grocery shops
    Tomb Stone of life and death
    Spiral stairs
    Helicopter

Sims 3
    Rabbit holes (controversial I know) and the careers that came with them
    University
    Seasons
    Luna Lakes - I thought it was a fun concept I wish Luna lakes was the secret alien planet in Sims 4
    Firefighter and Nectar Maker
    Swimmable open water
    Subway

Added extra
    Editable family tree in cas (can create dead sims or distant relatives)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    have you tough that if the sims5 comes that it might have the same engine as the sims4?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    The Sims 1: Humor

The Sims 2: the challenge and consequences (3 and 4 are too easy!) deep personalities (wants, fears, interests, turn on's off's...)

The Sims 3: (a more intuitive) CAW

The Sims 4: Ability to change between worlds, smaller neighborhoods, adjusting all body parts, stylized art
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    have you tough that if the sims5 comes that it might have the same engine as the sims4?

I sure hope not!