Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About Cars in TS4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    They could add them, but now "San Myshuno" will never have the ability to have cars, unless they just "pop" in and out of inventory and they enter them like Sims 2 on the road, if that's an option.

I really thought with the way that the worlds are not editable, that they would be able to expand and add things into the worlds at their desire, because that space is fixed. So when that guru recently said something about changing things like that it would corrupt saves it's like how? What? What was the point? Other than being the left over platform from that failed concept of online Sims 4. I don't understand. I really thought, this EP, (city) would bring back transportation. I just don't know what to think anymore. I suppose just trust and see what they've been working so hard on for the past several months. We haven't gotten nearly as many releases as earlier in the series which leads me to believe they switch original gears and directions with releases. So I'm still hopeful. They may know things we don't know. Maybe city buildings can be updated to add garages later. Who knows. But I find that suspect to, because it would be editing the entire base lot.

I don't know saddens me. Means when cars do come, they will be limited.

• Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    They don't have to add cars to the base game they can add them to a gamepack or expansion pack.

Either packs or patches, the team has to deal with the towns they have made, which has effects cars in them already; and from what they said about could not edit public areas because of potential file corruption incidents, I am wondering in what way can they implement cars.
    Sadly if we don't get cars boats are pretty much ruled out as well.

I would pretty much assume so...
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    Don't count on it. Like ever.

Cars are not coming because their engine is bad and limited.
    Even The Sims 1 had carpools and animations for sims using the cars and school buses.

Even TS1, guys.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I really liked the car-expansion they had in the survey. It had a active mechanic-career and cars that you could fix up yourself. I am more interested in all the stuff surrounding cars like building them and being a mechanic than driving them.

Would link the it but I'm on the phone.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Hermai wrote: »

Even The Sims 1 had carpools and animations for sims using the cars and school buses.

Even TS1, guys.

To be fair, that was way back when they cared about their product and the consumer.
  • Options

Even TS1, guys.

Would assume it all has to do with The Sim Olympus, sad, really.
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

Even TS1, guys.

To be fair, that was way back when they cared about their product and the consumer.

Give you a LOL on that. :D
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

Even TS1, guys.

OMG lmao too funny
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't think they're coming with CL. They'd have said something by now.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a Sims 2 version of cars in TS4... but I don't want anything to do with a car that goes in my pocket and I can't loiter around in making out, woohooing, listening to music etc. I'm also not at all interested in watching my sim commute.

So in a nut shell, I'd like to see a similar version of TS2 cars (and do think that's possible in TS4) but if they don't come, it's not something I'm going to be crushed about either.

I'm not going to lie, I just want them for this. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNZ_A2AAbXA
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I really liked the car-expansion they had in the survey. It had a active mechanic-career and cars that you could fix up yourself. I am more interested in all the stuff surrounding cars like building them and being a mechanic than driving them.

Same. I'm mainly interested in car maintenance and mechanics. Buying a junk car, fixing it up, and selling it on for a profit.

Here's the link:

http://simsvip.com/2015/08/08/the-sims-4-new-expansion-pack-survey-released/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/20379979556/in/dateposted/

Why would they have the idea in a survey if there were no chance of implementing it?
  • Options
    MarionOpheliaMarionOphelia Posts: 58 Member
    I do not see them putting cars in the sims 4 any time soon.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Would actually like to run an Auto-shop garage. Super rad pimpin rides for cash moolah & gettin that handiness skill some new interactions :wink:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    People have been talking bout cars and vehicles since day 1 I am one of them, so this is nothing new to me, people are saying that they want vehicles added in and some say No way, but I am for the Yes add them in, but also at the same time I am wondering why Bikes and Scooters or Motor Cycles are not added in as well, do our Sims always have to walk every where? that is just lame in My book, no where on the planet in the real world Do people have to walk everywhere, it just makes no sense to Me at all, they need to add in Transportation pronto, and that is My opinion on this subject, oh one more needs to be added in, Golf Carts or those little caddie type vehicles as well as Carriages and Wagons for Horses, they want the Sims games to almost be like the real world yet they are doing nothing at all for Transportation for our Sims, I want them added in for sure, yup, :).
  • Options
    sb905sb905 Posts: 40 Member
    I don't really see a need for cars in the game at the moment as there are loading screens anyway between each place you want to go to. I don't think cars would add much to the game at this stage.
  • Options
    simmerbin16simmerbin16 Posts: 46 Member
    What i would not want to happen is for cars to be in only one world, but that is a possibility since they have done it with apartments. Are there any worlds with neighborhoods having direct link to roads? San Myshuno districts are either away from main roads or raised in a platform, same as with Windenburg.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Even TS1, guys.

This post gets it.

Cars are never gonna happen. Don't count on it. Yes it's sad. Yes it's outrageously sad and embarassing. Not gonna happen though.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    I don't think they're coming with CL. They'd have said something by now.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a Sims 2 version of cars in TS4... but I don't want anything to do with a car that goes in my pocket and I can't loiter around in making out, woohooing, listening to music etc. I'm also not at all interested in watching my sim commute.

So in a nut shell, I'd like to see a similar version of TS2 cars (and do think that's possible in TS4) but if they don't come, it's not something I'm going to be crushed about either.

I'm not going to lie, I just want them for this. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNZ_A2AAbXA

Lol! Car wohoo! I forgot about that. Man... The Sims 2 was such a great game.

And yeah, I want the sims 2 version of cars in the sims 4. The sims 3 cars, I hated. They took forever to get places and your sims didn't actually open the door and step inside them. I loved how in the sims 2 they got in, back out of the drive way and then pulled off (then came the loading screen). That's my preferred way of handling cars in the sims.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member

Same. I'm mainly interested in car maintenance and mechanics. Buying a junk car, fixing it up, and selling it on for a profit.

Here's the link:

http://simsvip.com/2015/08/08/the-sims-4-new-expansion-pack-survey-released/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/20379979556/in/dateposted/

Why would they have the idea in a survey if there were no chance of implementing it?

Exactly! People keep saying they are not possible, but WHY would they even consider it if it's impossible? That makes no sense.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    What i would not want to happen is for cars to be in only one world, but that is a possibility since they have done it with apartments. Are there any worlds with neighborhoods having direct link to roads? San Myshuno districts are either away from main roads or raised in a platform, same as with Windenburg.

I do not wish that happen either. If cars are to be restricted in one world, I would rather it never come at all…
    sb905 wrote: »
    I don't really see a need for cars in the game at the moment as there are loading screens anyway between each place you want to go to. I don't think cars would add much to the game at this stage.

I think it is more of an aesthetic purpose than functional one.
    pamy1124 wrote: »
    Exactly! People keep saying they are not possible, but WHY would they even consider it if it's impossible? That makes no sense.

The survey was released just about Outdoor Retreat came, so I had not think about it much back then. What made me start thinking was around the time Get Together came, most lots were not connected to roads (San Myshuno either, from the images I have seen), so there might be that they scrapped the idea. As it also make no sense to not prepare (at least reserve space) for potential future packs.