Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Completed Day of Dead Challenge - Now What?

I am kind of dissapointed and confused. I thought somehow, the benefits for that particular sim would be life long. Do I need to activate my sugar skull case every time I want the 8 hour long moodlet? Do I have to immediately kill someone now before the time period is up, if I want to communicate with the grim reaper? Can I have a baby with the grim reaper? If I have to kill someone now, any suggestions without cheats? I can have one of her friends from the challenge move in. I know starving will take too long. I think a cool thing to do, once friends with the grim reaper is to summon him at will through the golden skull. Also, is the outfit now unlocked for this particular sim game and can I put my sim's realistic eye contacts back on? Meaning, can I edit it?

Comments

• Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    From what I've experienced you have to contiunously Honour the Dead to receive the special Moodlet. Since I didn't want to kill anyone I went to Granite Falls because that is where Grim usually appears in my game. I did meet him with the Moodlet still on, but I didn't see any new interactions. It was upsetting, but my relationship with him did increase relatively fast.

Also, I could not WooHoo with him or make him my boyfriend. After the vacation Grim called my Sim on a date, but I still couldn't WooHoo and romantic interactions were very limited :c
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    Oh, I see. That is kind of disappointing. I thought you could woohoo him. So if your sim can't do that, then how do you get pregnant with his baby? Is it not an actual part of gameplay? I don't really want to use cheats for this household, so I suppose I should just download a mod for the pregnancy part.

I have another question. What is Granite Falls? It's a neighborhood that doesn't come with base game, right? Does he regularly visit it like a townie or does he actually need an event to trigger his arrival?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    I have another question. What is Granite Falls? It's a neighborhood that doesn't come with base game, right? D
    Hello,
    Granite Falls is a camping vacation world that comes with Outdoors Retreat games pack . Your sims can spend a vacation there.
    This link explains about the Game pack and the world
    http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-outdoor-retreat-guide/
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yeah, I think you may need a mod to do it if you don't want to cheat.

IIRC Grim has to be added your household, then he becomes like a regular sim and will be replaced by another Grim Reaper.

If you do decide to try cheating make sure to put in the cas.fulleditmode cheat. Then you take your new household into CAS, give Grim some traits (if he doesn't have them already), make him an Adult and you should be able to try for baby after.

I have yet to test this out, but remember someone saying that it worked.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    My game kept crashing evertime I got a sugar skull, so I gave up.. lol wasn't worth the frustration.
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    This was exactly what I was looking for. Wondering the same thing myself. Meh, at least I collected 10 decor items...
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    This sugar skull event was very meh and boring. I did not even participate in it because it did not benefit my sims in any way.
    At least the event before it for the skills and job performance boosting was better.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    belleceebellecee Posts: 47 Member
    I don't even care about the benefits. I just love collecting limited items.. I still have all the Easter eggs displayed in my sims home.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    Next challenge is coming soon but we don't know what yet. I've heard it has to do with Fall.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited November 2016
    WAIT A MINUTE!

Are you telling me that their day of the dead challenge made you kill sims!?

Someone should probably tell them that the day of the dead is a celebration of life. I don't want to be all outraged, but as this is my ancestry, I find it insulting.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I collected all skulls for several families but did not get to do any interactions with Grim. I did not know the interactions with him would not be available when the challenge ended! Bummer :|
    I thought only the skulls and the sims walking around in costume would go away. I would have killed a sim to at least see what they were. So what were they?
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Mstybl95

The challenge did not make you kill any sims to participate or complete it. Completing it gives your Sims a better chance for a positive outcome when pleading with Grim when another sim dies and increased your relationship with him quicker.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @everyone Sorry for late reply. I had to pack and move yesterday. xD

@rosemow Oh, yeah. Thank you. I forgot. That was the first game pack released. Well, I only have the base game right now. I don't think it's an option!

@HopeyStarr Ahh, okay! So, you can't have him move in without cheats or mods? Okay. I will probably just make him my lover first and once he has a high relationship, cheat him into the household. Thanks for letting me know about that cheat code. Normally, I don't use them, but I understand if it's the one of the only ways possible...

@halimail1980 I didn't think it was that fun, either. To me, sims is not about collecting items. It's a life simulator. I mainly just did it for increased interaction with the grim reaper. I thought the reward was cool, but the objectives were too easy and redundant. All you had to do was talk to some random sims and they gave you a skull...

@Mystybl95 No.. I never made that assumption. I am aware that it's a real holiday and a part of some people's culture. I just know that one of the benefits to completing said challenge is increased interactions with the grim reaper. The only way I know of getting him on my lot is by killing a sim, which is really just a basic staple to the series. I am sorry if I have offended you. I am in no way trying to associate death with the celebration....

@SparklePlumley Wait. You mean, the benefits are gone for good once it's over? Oh, I wish I had known that... I just reinstalled the game recently and there was about only a day left to complete the challenge. I thought the benefits for that particular family would be permanent. :( Oh, well. Maybe next time?

Luckily for me, I still have the skull moodlet on my saved game. I guess I will need to get the grim reaper moved in ASAP.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited November 2016
    @WissaWolf
    No that's what I thought you meant in your post. Guess I misunderstood :blush: Sorry

• Options
    @SparklePlumley Oops, my bad. Didn't mean to cause any confusion!