Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freerealestate for CL apts.?

Just occurred to me, before I leave feedback on this, that I should check if I'm just trying at the wrong points or something. Has anyone gotten the "freerealestate on" cheat to work on apartment lots with new household? I was trying to populate lots last night and had to move Sims into a house and cheat money to do it; for houses, I can do it with freerealestate and then just keep playing my own Sims.
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Comments

• Options
    PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    I have used it to move into a penthouse.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes it works! I decorated my apartment and then the furniture made it too expensive for my Sims, so I did the cheat. :smile:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2016
    I have used it to move into a penthouse.

They work like regular lots, though? They're classified Residential, not Apartment, I thought.
    Simanite wrote: »
    Yes it works! I decorated my apartment and then the furniture made it too expensive for my Sims, so I did the cheat. :smile:

Was it an Apartment or a Penthouse? And if it was an Apartment, when did you put the cheat in?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Just an apartment and I put it in when I was moving my Sims with Manage World.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Ok. So far it's failed for me from CAS -> Place Household and from the phone. But I can't do it via Manage World unless I've already placed the new-in-CAS household :( Maybe I'll just have to always have an empty lot? I'd so much rather not :/
  • Options

Ok. So far it's failed for me from CAS -> Place Household and from the phone. But I can't do it via Manage World unless I've already placed the new-in-CAS household :( Maybe I'll just have to always have an empty lot? I'd so much rather not :/

Oh yeah, well what I did was make my Sims and move them into an empty lot in another world. Then I went and decorated the apartment I wanted. Then went back to manage worlds, evicted the family from the empty lot, put in the cheat then moved them into their apartment.

Hope you get it to work!
  • Options
    omgxxstefferkneeomgxxstefferknee Posts: 154 Member
    it works for me? in fact i tested it out when reading this thread to make sure. i created a household in cas in a new game and once i exited cas to play and they had me move them in a lot, i brought the cheat box up and typed in the cheat. all while in the process of moving them. and i typed in the cheat and moved them into the lot i wanted.
  • Options
    it works for me? in fact i tested it out when reading this thread to make sure. i created a household in cas in a new game and once i exited cas to play and they had me move them in a lot, i brought the cheat box up and typed in the cheat. all while in the process of moving them. and i typed in the cheat and moved them into the lot i wanted.

Thanks. I'll have to try it again when I get a chance. I have more households I want to make.
  • Options
    let me know if it works! it was on an apartment too; the penthouse in the art area of the town. i forget if i have tried it on an apartment aside from the penthouse.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes, it works on apartments too. :)
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    It works!
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I moved a family from another save in and used the freerealestate cheat to place them. I was in manage world and adding them from my library. I hope it works for you when you try it again!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Thanks. There must have been something in my workflow that was different from what other people are doing! I think so far it's that I was making the Sims in CAS and placing them right from there and that it's an Apartment not a Penthouse? But I decided to spend time in gameplay before I do more populating so I haven't narrowed it down.
  • Options
    I just downloaded the game on my MacBook Pro for fun and the first time going into the game, created a sim, hit play, went to the world, put the cheat in, and put him right into an apartment. So it should definitely work. I went straight from CAS with a new game and I was able to do it while in the moving mode to an apartment. Penthouses also work because I did that earlier on my computer as I said.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    let me know if it works! it was on an apartment too; the penthouse in the art area of the town. i forget if i have tried it on an apartment aside from the penthouse.

That would still be a penthouse, not an apartment
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    If you can't get the code to work, you can use Money x as an alternative as it allows you to remove money as well.

"Money X - Type Money 50000 or 1000000, whatever you like, and your family will have that amount exactly. This can be used to subtract funds, because it sets the money to whatever amount you specify."
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I just downloaded the game on my MacBook Pro for fun and the first time going into the game, created a sim, hit play, went to the world, put the cheat in, and put him right into an apartment. So it should definitely work. I went straight from CAS with a new game and I was able to do it while in the moving mode to an apartment. Penthouses also work because I did that earlier on my computer as I said.

Thanks. I'll try it again later. Really am wondering why when I did the exact same thing it didn't work.
    Zafireria wrote: »
    If you can't get the code to work, you can use Money x as an alternative as it allows you to remove money as well.

"Money X - Type Money 50000 or 1000000, whatever you like, and your family will have that amount exactly. This can be used to subtract funds, because it sets the money to whatever amount you specify."

Yeah, that's what I did, but you need a lot to move a Sim in to do it on, I think? Doesn't that one only work in live mode?
  • Options

Yeah, that's what I did, but you need a lot to move a Sim in to do it on, I think? Doesn't that one only work in live mode?
    I have only done it in live mode so I can't tell you sorry :(

Just to be sure I have understood, the code works on normal houses but not apartments?

• Options

Just to be sure I have understood, the code works on normal houses but not apartments?

For me, but apparently that was just me.
  • Options

Right. I just went in and loaded one of my saves and tested it. Worked fine.
    I picked a family "move household" went to San Mayo picked the apartment I wanted, then got the cheat console up (while the picture of the apartment rooms where present) typed in freerealestate on and moved them in.
  • Options

Right. I just went in and loaded one of my saves and tested it. Worked fine.
    I picked a family "move household" went to San Mayo picked the apartment I wanted, then got the cheat console up (while the picture of the apartment rooms where present) typed in freerealestate on and moved them in.

Yep, that scenario worked for me too. It was only the starting-in-CAS that didn't. I'll try again later. Might have been a fluky glitch.
  • Options
    it must be a glitch cause i can move them straight into an apartment from CAS using the cheat. does the cheat box come up at all? sometimes i have rare occasions when i hit the command for the cheat box and it doesn't come up. even in live mode.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    The one time I tried it didn't work. I picked one of my Sims from the Gallery (so I completely skipped the CAS part) and I couldn't move him to an apartment with the freerealestate cheat. But I may try again with some other Sims through some other methods.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    does motherlode still work??
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    does motherlode still work??
    Yes. :)

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).