Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#BuildNewcrest : Rosenburg (HIATUS)

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    Hello, hello! Update 2.13 is out, everyone. Hope you all enjoy. :)

@TaraIris94 thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you got your story back up and going, because I love love loved it! I'm glad the circle allowed us to find each other's stories. Having support and feedback means the world.
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    So much is happening! Her father has some dirty secrets and she is so not ready for that
    child
    right now! Let's hope Jeffrey has nothing but good intentions!
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee Thank you for reading and for the comments!! Things are going to come to a swift conclusion, actually, I can't bear to have them all stuck in this upsetting torment. Check back later for the next update. :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    Update 2.14 is out! (links not working for me!)
    https://totalrainbowsims.wordpress.com/2016/10/26/buildnewcrest-2-14/

I hope you all enjoy, and happy simming. :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    TaraIris94TaraIris94 Posts: 552 Member
    These last two updates were really something! I'm excited for Molly even though it appears she doesn't feel the same way- I hope things are good between her and Jeffrey. Things really aren't looking good for her dad! I'm happy that she solved the case, it just isn't so great that her father was behind it. I can't wait to read more! :)
  • Options
    Update 2.15 is out, everyone!
    https://totalrainbowsims.wordpress.com/2016/10/28/buildnewcrest-2-15/

@TaraIris94 thanks for the comments about the last chapter! Yes, they got the case "solved" as to where all the stolen items are going but the connection to her father still can't be made because the house isn't "owned" by him. Molly is the only one who is suspicious that it was him.
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    Poor Molly! She's in such a mess right now! I hope at least her marriage will be a good thing!
  • Options
    PLEASE READ BEFORE VIEWING CHAPTER
    WARNING - This chapter may include scenarios or photos that may make some readers uncomfortable. Please be aware of the sensitive topics depicted in this post. If at any time you become uncomfortable while reading or viewing the material within, please refrain from continuing. Thank you.

Chapter 2.16, everyone.
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    That's a sore/sensitive topic for a lot of people, but I like how you've included into your story. I wish Molly the best.
  • Options
    @TaraIris94 Thank you for your comment. :)

I definitely feel like people are scared of sensitive topics like this, as well as things like sicknesses or cancer. On a more serious note, if we all continue to avoid and pretend like these topics do not exist, it only worsens the effects we allow them to have on us. I'm not saying we all have to be cold hearted and ignore these subjects, but they are definitely something that can become less controversial as we pay more attention to them and the cases in which they occur.
    Also, often times, it is ignored on the reason why. Most folks have their firm opinion on this topic, which I respect the opinion of others and in no way want to start a battle of right or wrong. I just wanted to highlight in this chapter that each individual case is special and often people forget that in lieu of voicing their own opinions, which usually only ends in a heated argument.

I would have put this in a spoiler as it may contain a bit, but I wanted to make sure everyone gets a chance to see why I did this. It's more than just trying to "make drama". As we see in the chapter, the receptionist clearly has different views than what Molly is displaying. However, instead of ridiculing or belittling her, we see no conflict or attempt to voice an opinion. That is the point of this chapter.

As always, thanks for reading, and happy simming!
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    I agree with you 100% @totalRainbow! I feel like this update was an important part of Molly's story and I feel like it should have been shared. I don't think you could have done it any better. I'm so very glad you shared it <3
  • Options
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Lol I may have gone back to find the typo- I didn't catch it the first time through ;).
    I feel so sad for Molly. Even if it isn't confirmed that it is her dad, it's still possible. My heart just breaks for her! I truly do hope that things turn around for her soon. This was a tragic update but it was well written. Also, I like the graveyard.
    On another note, where did you get the newspaper thing at? I'm guessing that you made it online somewhere?
  • Options
  • Options
    @TaraIris94 haha, yes, I didn't notice the typo till right before I was posting the update lol. And of course, it had to be in BIG. BOLD. LETTERS.
    I used this website to create the small snippet. Very simple and easy to use and provides a neat addition to a story. :)

@Sterretjeee Nothing was confirmed on whether the article actually pertained to her father. I think Molly is mostly taking what her mom said at the wedding to heart - that, all familial love aside, Johnny really has stepped out on their lives twice now. He really has put Molly in a hard situation, all in all, and I think she is mostly making assumption over this news piece. The 'burial' of her father was more symbolic to her, in a sense of letting him go.

Thanks for reading and commenting, you both! :)
    Forum Thread | Blog