Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ The Cutest Couple Comp ♥ | CONCLUDED!!! See Finale Vid ;)

Comments

• Options
    JellysimwichJellysimwich Posts: 778 Member
    Oh gosh, it's due tomorrow, isn't it? @Jellysimwich is there any possible way to get an extra day or two?? I work two jobs (one of which is teaching, so I've been getting back into the swing of things this month) and I've been so busy. :/ I'm gonna try really hard to get an entry done tomorrow evening though!

Yes! There are still entries needed to be submitted so I can extend.
  • Options
    remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member

Challenge Five

round-5.jpg
    Caption: On my 23rd birthday, Charles decided to surprise me with a candyland themed birthday party! Charles always knew that I had a sweet tooth and how I couldn't get enough of the sweet treats, but I never imagined he'd go out of his way to recreate my childhood dreamland:yum:. Well I knew beforehand that he was planning something special for me and I could see that he was putting in a lot of hard work organizing and planning the whole thing. At first, I thought it would be a small get together of family and friends. But boy, was I wrong!

That morning when I walked in our backyard I was literally dumbstruck and knew not how to react. I just stood there frozen until Charles grabbed me by my hand and gave me a little tour of the "candyland" that he'd made. I still wonder how he managed to get those life size cupcake seats and cotton candy-like trees! He then made me wear a pink wig, while he wore bunny ears over his hair that he'd dyed pink! Once we all looked silly in our party outfits we went crazy- stuffing our mouths with cupcakes and drinking chocolate syrup until it made us gag and feel nauseous.

After our friends left in the evening, we took this picture with me relishing the very last cupcake and Charles looking like he's about to drop dead on the ground. I've never had so much fun in my life!! Charles truly made my special day all the more special and I can't believe how blessed I am to have such a thoughtful and loving boyfriend like him! <3

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Lovely story and shot, @remi_narrow, great set up in-game, well done.

• Options
    Just FYI: This round is extended a few more days but will also be an elimination round!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I am cautiously optimistic that I can get my entry in this evening haha
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Round Five

KLL2iVS.png

I love being a dad, but I think one of my least favorite parts of the job is being dragged to all these little kiddie places. Birthday parties, the circus, the zoo... Really not my thing. At all. But I never complain about it, obviously. I keep a smile through it all -- and last weekend was no exception.

"Candy Land", they called it. Some traveling fair thing my son heard about on the radio. And of course, Colette and I agreed to go the minute he asked. I mean, have you seen that little smile? How the heck could we say no?

Anyway, for all the places I've been with my kids, I've never actually been to any kind of carnival thing before... Let alone a themed one. I was dreading it all morning -- from the silly outfits Lettie insisted we wear to Gus' never-ending chatter on the car ride over, I was sure the whole thing was a headache just waiting to happen.

Except it wasn't. It was actually a ton of fun. There were carnival games, amusement park rides, and more candy, ice cream, and cupcakes than I think I've ever seen in my life -- real AND fake (seriously, those decorations were crazy. I nearly took a bite out of one of those big plastic cupcakes!)

Gus had the time of his life, of course. And while he ran off to explore some of the rides, Lettie and I chatted, giggled, and ate way too much sugar (I'm pretty sure I ate half my weight in cotton candy). It almost felt like we were little kids again, without a care in the world. And that was really something special. My wife and I have known each other since we were ten years old, but those summers we spent together at camp were so fleeting, y'know? We never got to do any of these kinds of things together... Better late than never, right?

"That was the best day ever!" My son kept saying on the ride home.

I can still picture the way Lettie smiled at me from the passenger seat. "It was." She told him.

And though this 33-year-old father could probably think of a dozen better days... My inner 10-year-old was inclined to agree.
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Guys...these entries are so good! :D Gees whiz! Nice job everyone! We are just waiting on @doicky96 :)
  • Options
    remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member
    Lovely story and shot, @remi_narrow, great set up in-game, well done.

@Jendowoz0612 Thank you so much! <3 I absolutely loved your entry as well!! :love:

• Options
    @CitizenErased14, I love your story, it's gorgeous and the tender moment between your couple, really lovely.

• Options
    So I will get the results up and posted on Saturday (USA Mountain time). I would do it Friday but my time will be very limited with family stuff. Hope this isn't too long of a wait, but also, it will give our last contestant @doicky96 to get hers in. This IS an elimination round :)
  • Options
    BronteDuffy96BronteDuffy96 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2018
    delete
    Post edited by BronteDuffy96 on
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14, I love your story, it's gorgeous and the tender moment between your couple, really lovely.

Thanks so much @Jendowoz0612 ! I loved your entry too -- I especially loved the part of your caption about them getting kicked out of the kids' area. I can SO picture that happening (and the idea of it happening while they are in those over-the-top outfits somehow makes it even funnier :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    BronteDuffy96BronteDuffy96 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2018
    delete
    Post edited by BronteDuffy96 on
  • Options
    doicky96 wrote: »
    I'm at university today until 8pm UK time- would I be ok if I can put my entry in about 9pm?

Yes :)
  • Options
    Postings should be up tomorrow! Hang in there <3
  • Options
    Postings should be up tomorrow! Hang in there <3

Scores are up!

Really fab jobs everyone! Thank you all for your continued participation! Sadly, we wave goodbye to two competitors...

@Jendowoz0612
    @CitizenErased14
    @Spottydog714
    @remi_narrow
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Hehehe I knew my time was up; every other entry was amazing. Thank you, as always, for the feedback Jelly, and thank you for having me :) I enjoyed my time here.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Hehehe I knew my time was up; every other entry was amazing. Thank you, as always, for the feedback Jelly, and thank you for having me :) I enjoyed my time here.

You did a great job <3 Thank you for joining and submitting fantastic entries. You will be missed! (But I'll see you around still ;) heheh)
  • Options
    Only a couple more rounds left! Here is the next one.

@Jendowoz0612
    @CitizenErased14
    @remi_narrow
  • Options
    Awesome, I'm looking forward to this round :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I'm going to lurk to see who wins :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    Gahhhhh where has the time gone? Only a few days left and I haven't even started... :open_mouth:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Gahhhhh where has the time gone? Only a few days left and I haven't even started... :open_mouth:

I won't be deliberating until sometime mid week, like, Wednesday or so... I think Halloween weekend and rolling into the weekday is going to be hectic for everyone, especially me, I got littles lol. So we'll shoot for the deadline but if needs be I can extend a day or so :)
  • Options
    @Jellysimwich I'm definitely gonna be needing a couple extra days :( It looks like no one else has submitted yet either though... so I'm glad I'm not alone on being behind :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Yes will have mine up today or tomorrow @Jellysimwich but will take the next couple of days as I'm working for the next 2 days.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top