Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've defended this EP a lot, BUT...

Comments

• Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to some good ol' fashioned elevator woo hoo. It's just another one of the dreams off mymakin wish list that won't be fulfilled it seems. :expressionless:

@taigoesrawr I think you meant ... your SIM was looking for some good ol' fashioned elevator woohoo :joy:

LOL. Oh shush you. Of course that's what I meant. :flushed:

So evil XD
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I think the team maybe has too many producer/gurus and not enough technicians. Too many man-hour resources stuck in meetings not enough in front of their PCs. Now before any moderator decides this is guru-bashing it's not. People are just doing their appointed jobs, I understand that. But de facto if choices have to be made between animating one feature or animating another, then at some point there were not quite enough animator-hours to complete the job as I am sure *all* the producers would have wished it to be completed.

They have open positions for animators in fact. They are always hiring animators each time I check.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    Doors automatically opening for a small square boxed room are too expensive and not affordable. But you have talking toilet instead :)

You know by now where this game is heading!

What worries me is that the developers seem to LOVE the talking toilet (they highlight it in every livestream) and the plum costumes (they literally crack up at their mere sight). So sadly this may be an indication of where the game is heading.

Sadly it is. I confess here. I was one of the players who was mislead that this game has potential and I think it does but not with this direction.
    What is happening is that they are actually making me hate a game that I like. They keep releasing things that will ruin the game more than fixing it.

The Sims 4 will never get better this way. It is all wrong.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I think the team maybe has too many producer/gurus and not enough technicians. Too many man-hour resources stuck in meetings not enough in front of their PCs. Now before any moderator decides this is guru-bashing it's not. People are just doing their appointed jobs, I understand that. But de facto if choices have to be made between animating one feature or animating another, then at some point there were not quite enough animator-hours to complete the job as I am sure *all* the producers would have wished it to be completed.

They have open positions for animators in fact. They are always hiring animators each time I check.

Maybe no body is applying because it is the least paying job?? Considering the TOO EXPENSIVE excuse used all the time I guess their budget is limited to be able to pay animators a decent pay!

Just saying
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I was really looking forward to some good ol' fashioned elevator woo hoo. It's just another one of the dreams off mymakin wish list that won't be fulfilled it seems. :expressionless:

@taigoesrawr I think you meant ... your SIM was looking for some good ol' fashioned elevator woohoo :joy:

LOL. Oh shush you. Of course that's what I meant. :flushed:

So evil XD

:joy: hahahhaha!!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Doors automatically opening for a small square boxed room are too expensive and not affordable. But you have talking toilet instead :)

What worries me is that the developers seem to LOVE the talking toilet (they highlight it in every livestream) and the plum costumes (they literally crack up at their mere sight). So sadly this may be an indication of where the game is heading.

Sadly it is. I confess here. I was one of the players who was mislead that this game has potential and I think it does but not with this direction.
    What is happening is that they are actually making me hate a game that I like. They keep releasing things that will ruin the game more than fixing it.

I've always defended this game has potential and I stand by that statement. However potential is just that...potential, it doesn't get the job done. And I can't play with potential. And at this rate it is likely we'll never see that potential realised (look at the most recent statement by Graham who said they didn't want to include transportation in City Living so as not to confuse players?!)

This EP looked awesome at the beginning but the more I learn about it the more disappointed I am. I was ready to overlook the fact that apartments can't be built (for the sake of gameplay of course...) but news keep coming, and even the features I was excited about seem half baked. So to be honest I've reached my limit.

For me the apartment did it. I was so pumped up about this EP. I mean I would have overlooked everything else if apartments were buildable and done decently. I said before this EP news was even leaked that if they are going to do apartments TS3 way then should not even attempt it.
    Not just apartment but everything else. If they cannot do a good job with something they should not do it and do something they can do it well.

But they keep doing the same mistakes again and again. They even said that EPs will not be focused or deep. In other words they will be shallow and superficial.

The Sims game stands out with its expansion packs. When the EPs are not well made the game will never be good. Sims 4 is dead already. I am just waiting for the official funeral and burial date.

giphy.gif
  • Options

I know...I just do not get what is so amusing about those costumes? I feel like I am missing some sort of cultural joke... :/

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

I know...I just do not get what is so amusing about those costumes? I feel like I am missing some sort of cultural joke... :/

I hate these costumes. I wish there was a way to disable them from CAS. I dont like to see them. the hotdog, the bear etc. Anything that covers my sims face and body fully making them visually not recognizable I hate.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

I hate these costumes. I wish there was a way to disable them from CAS. I dont like to see them. the hotdog, the bear etc. Anything that covers my sims face and body fully making them visually not recognizable I hate.

I'm with you on that. I never use costumes and delete any NPC wearing one on sight.

• Options
    And add to all this what Grant said about one EP a year is being the new norm!!
    Which confirms that this game is going no where.

Good luck with the multiple stuff packs they are going to release. The less people buy those SPs the sooner TS4 is gonna be buried.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TS4 will be around for some years yet @halimali1980 to much cash to be made still to abandon ship any time soon.

• Options
    TS4 will be around for some years yet @halimali1980 to much cash to be made still to abandon ship any time soon.

I think it will lose more players eventually. You cannot keep players interested in stuff packs only.
    How many more EPs left? 2 or maybe 3?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I think probably two, which would take us to 2018 and then maybe kick it goodbye with some stuff packs or the last Game Pack early 2019? Who knows.

• Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited October 2016

What gets me is the fact that they said they did not add an elevator animation as it does basically the same job as the stairs, so they focused on other things. Yet they added another costume that does basically the same thing as the bear costume ... It adds no extra gameplay whatsoever.

How can they think an elevator is not important in a pack that is supposed to be about living in a city that has high rise buildings? What does a talking toilet have to do with city living?

They have strange priorities.
  • Options
    @blueturtleotter I guess a new costume for each EP is the new life state. A lot cheaper to make that's for sure. I think the toilet does fit the theme, not saying it was the right thing to spend resources in imo but it is hard to swallow the old 'we can't develop everything so we left "X" out so we could develop other things'... when it doesn't seem particularly obvious just what these 'other things' are.

Priorities are definitely different to what mine are but then again maybe shallow game play is a decisive strategy. After all, it keeps the players hungry for new content all the time. Sounds like a winner of a business strategy to me. Pity I don't have some EA shares.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    The elevators are like everything else in Sims 4, a prop to give me an illusion and guess I have to use my imagination. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    The elevators are like everything else in Sims 4, a prop to give me an illusion and guess I have to use my imagination. :)

I can use my imagination for free. I don't want to pay EA 40 dollars to use it.

Spoil sport! :joy:

• Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Meh I'm not bothered, if they're tied to apartments and penthouses then what would be the point in animating them? Now if we could use them in our own builds, then it'd be a little strange, but this is one shortcut I can let slip.

No offence to you personally, but I don't understand this mindset. What's not the point? There is literally no point in having elevators if all they do is teleport to the next floor. I want to see the Sim entering the elevator, getting out, woohooing in it, falling out of it etc.

Omitting the small detail like that has always bothered me in the sims universe. Unfortunately, that past practice has been started long ago. Go way back to sims 2, they would get in and out of cars, the cars would back out of the drive, they would get pots out of cabinets for cooking. In Sims3, pots would magically appear in the hands and cars fit into pockets. In Sims4, it has been streamlined so sims disappear on the sidewalk to go to work/school and magically appear and disappear for an elevator .....
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited October 2016
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I can use my imagination for free. I don't want to pay EA 40 dollars to use it.

Exactly. Also the same way Cc creators have created deco garage doors, they would certainly be able to create these "elevators". What we're asking here is for Ea to go the extra mile with the content they release and provide additional gameplay and immersion elements.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

I've always defended this game has potential and I stand by that statement. However potential is just that...potential, it doesn't get the job done. And I can't play with potential. And at this rate it is likely we'll never see that potential realised (look at the most recent statement by Graham who said they didn't want to include transportation in City Living so as not to confuse players?!)

This EP looked awesome at the beginning but the more I learn about it the more disappointed I am. I was ready to overlook the fact that apartments can't be built (for the sake of gameplay of course...) but news keep coming, and even the features I was excited about seem half baked. So to be honest I've reached my limit.

Grant, not Graham.

As to the pictures, they've always been creative with their pre-release pictures and trailers. It's why there's that disclaimer that says it's not representative of real gameplay.

I remember the pre-release trailer for Generations (I believe, feel free to correct if wrong) where there were some children pulling pranks in what looked like a library, wearing outfits that looked very like a school uniform. Of course, from that stemmed the rumour that they were opening up the school. There were quite a few disappointed people when it didn't happen.

• Options

Exactly. Also the same way Cc creators have created deco garage doors, they would certainly be able to create these "elevators". What we're asking here is for Ea to go the extra mile with the content they release and provide additional gameplay and immersion elements.

So true. smh If only they would.

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited October 2016
    Arletta wrote: »

Grant, not Graham.

As to the pictures, they've always been creative with their pre-release pictures and trailers. It's why there's that disclaimer that says it's not representative of real gameplay.

I remember the pre-release trailer for Generations (I believe, feel free to correct if wrong) where there were some children pulling pranks in what looked like a library, wearing outfits that looked very like a school uniform. Of course, from that stemmed the rumour that they were opening up the school. There were quite a few disappointed people when it didn't happen.

I just realized my mistake and edited the original post! Thanks!

I think it's okay to "stage" pictures for promotional purposes as long as they tell us how the feature in question really works in game. They kind of came clean here in the livestream when we saw how the spice "competition" works so I'm not mad about that.

However I have to admit that promotional picture got my hopes up. Also the fact that they advertised this so much led me to believe it would provide some additional gameplay (as I mentioned, this just looks like a glorified buffet table with one extra animation).