Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE AMAZING RACE MODELING COMPETITION-SORRY BUT THE RACE IS OVER.

GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
agM6wRm.png

CONTEST EXPLAINED PLEASE READ!

After some feedback I received from fellow simmers, I've decided to explain more about this competition here.

How is this a modeling competition?
There are 9 assignments in all. You will be asked to model your sim in several different scenarios, on different worlds, and in different elements. One of your first assignments is to model your sim aboard your ship. Even though you share the ship with 3 other cadets you do not have to use the same background.

What are fuel cells?
Fuel cells will be used in the place of points. Each judge will be given a certain number of cells to allocate to the models according to the assignment (model entry) they like best. Fuel cells are very important in this competition because they determine who wins in the end. You can lose fuel cells and therefore let down your team by not participating in quick action drills* or not turning your assignment in on time. Fuel cells are given on an individual basis. If an contestant fails to complete a drill or assignment on time the fuel cells will be deducted from them, and therefore effect the team. Winning is a team effort.
What are quick action drills?

Random alerts I issue based on what is happening on your ship. You may see this symbol:
e1eYkiNs.png

It means that there is a problem. I will call on different team members to react to this problem within 48hrs.

For example I might post: ATTENTION ENGINEERS! YOUR SHIP HAS JUST BEEN IMPACTED BY FLOATING SPACE DEBRIS AND YOU HAVE SUSTAINED DAMAGE TO TWO OF THE MAIN ENGINES! DO YOU ADVISE THE NAVIGATOR AND PILOT TO LAND ON THE CLOSEST UNKNOWN PLANET OR WAIT UNTIL YOU COME ACROSS A PLANET YOU RECOGNIZE AS SAFE? YOU HAVE 48HRS TO DECIDE. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL COST YOU THREE FUEL CELLS. (if you do not have any fuel cells you will be negative fuel cells) Obviously this is a task better suited to be decided by the engineer. Similar quick action drills will appear throughout the contest for each respective position.

I'm not that great at editing, can I still participate?

Yes, you will not be judged on editing but creativity, likeability of entry, and following directives. There are no comments to accompany your judging unless you wish to ask the judge (by PM) why you scored the way you did. Please do so in a respectable manner.

What is the significance of the occupations?

See quick action drills. They help me determine what quick action drills to issue and to whom. There is no leader on the ship. Everyone is equal and important. They also come into play on assignment. During the first assignment when I ask that you feature your model on the ship, it would make sense but is not required to feature the medic in the sick bay, the navigator in the library, the engineer in the boiler or engine room, and the pilot on deck or in the control room.

u6FHDAJ.png
Welcome to the Amazing Race. My mission is to take you and your cadets around the world, and off world, quite literally. Expect the following:
Wormholes, dimension jumping, wrecking the time continuum, space travel, and twists!
This is a team effort. I will limit the contestants (AKA CADETS) to 12 members only. This way there will be four people on three teams. Your currency for winning challenges will be fuel cells. You will need fuel cells to keep your ship running. The first team to get back to Earth wins the challenge. Only one team member will be MVP.
Expect to have fun, to be challenged and to get weird.
THEMS THE RULES:
-No face plastering
-No fussing or negativity
-Each day you are late you will be deducted three fuel cells. That spells trouble for your team. DON'T be late on assignment.
-There are no eliminations unless you eliminate yourself by dropping
-All but one assignment will be done solo (there is no model swapping)
-All assignments times are for six days due Each Saturday. New assignments will be published Sunday. Results issued Monday or Tuesday at the latest
-There are no comments with judging
-You are not docked for editing
WHAT MATTERS
CREATIVITY
EFFORT
OVERALL LIKEABLITIY
FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS

THERE ARE FOUR POSITIONS ON EACH SHIP. PLEASE INDICATE WHICH POSITION YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR WHEN ENTERING YOUR APPLICATION
APPLICATION
1.Name:
2. Age: (Must be young adult or adult)
3. Occupation (pick one of the four)
4. List three of your hobbies
HEADSHOT (please do not cover face with fingers/limbs, have head facing relatively forward and hair out of the face.
BODYSHOT : Your attire should match your occupation. It does not have to look futuristic)

xJ7chrW.png

OPEN FOR SIGNUPS UNTIL ALL POSITIONS FILLED! SHIP PLACEMENTS WILL BE DECIDED BY THE CAPTAIN OF THE FLEET! YOU HAVE NOT MET HIM YET. HE'S GRUMPY! lol

NAVIGATOR
1. @abelhinha35 with Pagan Phelps
2. @NShippudenFan with Kathy Mueller
3. @wrswrs2 with Delphine Rochambeau
PILOT
1. @Jendowoz0612 with Captain Jack Rayner
2. @xJojox with Beverly Grace
3. @Kelebek with Iris Beverly
MEDIC
1. @Jennacatz with Londyn Grimes
2. @MissBirdie with Sabrina Davenport
3. @SimsOrigFan with Elexxa Farias
ENGINEER
1. NPC-Billy Remus
2. NPC - Gracie Daniels
3. NPC -Frank Kerr

9ykTe1a.png

1. @Kittymeow
2. strawberrigurl
3. @wbombje
mWC1gjz.gif
Post edited by Gege on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    HOW SCORES WORK...
    Scores are from 1-5.
    1-poor, 2-okay, 3-fair, 4-good, 5-excellent
    There are only three categories that are judged. They are relevance to the assignment, creativity, and likability. In this way the highest score you may earn from one judge is 15.
    39wCpA2.png

CONGRATULATIONS ON A TIE FOR LEAD PROMETHEUS AND KILLSWITCH!
    nRkhqJA.png

1ZC95bs.png

Post edited by Gege on
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    3Ahkjpn.png

e8IpTXq.png

Assignment 2-Anti-gravity!

Yay! Dr. Davenport has a surprise for you all! Your magazine spreads for anti-gravity magazine were left in the mess hall for you to share with one another. The world has been buzzing about the contestants of the amazing race and what better way to present you all then by doing a magazine spread!

For this challenge you will feature your model editorial style. Your model must be featured in their favorite style of dress. You can do a swimsuit theme, formal wear, high fashion, casual, a layered look. Its all up to you. The background is also one of your choosing but should relate in some way to what you are wearing. The twist: their feet cannot be touching the ground! This is anti-gravity magazine after all. I want to see creativity here.

BREAKDOWN
    I have done the cover your picture will be as if its inside the magazine. Please do not do another cover!
    Full Body shot only
    Only 1 photo (no specific size)
    Dress your model in their normal dress wear as the photo shoot features them in their natural environment.
    You can use google items, cc or draw your items.
    Model must look as if they have broken the natural laws of gravity.
    They can be on the ceiling, mid-air, all sorts of possibilities.
    Have your model's name somewhere on the photo. No other text!
    Examples below.
    nOvp6TH.jpg

FUhZy64.jpg

PPO45H9.jpg

XnPs4e2.jpg
    Post edited by Gege on
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    RESERVED
    Post edited by Gege on
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    NhOCJPH.png

xJojox with Beverly Grace

09YJX4c.jpg
    Jendowoz0612 with Captain Jack Rayner

GlhkrcT.png

abelhinha35 with Pagan Phelps

owOrXCx.png

NShippudenFan with Kathy Mueller

lBLmFXN.png
    Kelebek with Iris Beverly
    r66pY1a.jpg

wrswrs2 with Delphine Rochambeau

pWvbMQf.png

Jennacatz with Londyn Grimes

kPpnFOh.png
    MissBirdie with Sabrina Davenport

xGLr1Q5.png
    SimsOrigFan with Elexxa Farias

Post edited by Gege on
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    RESERVED
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Book me in please, @strawberrigurl and once I know what the responsibilities of each role is I'll choose. Thanks.

• Options
    Book me in please, @strawberrigurl and once I know what the responsibilities of each role is I'll choose. Thanks.

I explain the significance of the occupations under a spoiler right under the main logo. I also explain more about the competition as well. Please let me know what occupation you want. That's the only way I can reserve you. Take you time deciding.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Still like to be a pilot now I've read the in's and out's, thanks. So you can book me in as pilot. I take it can be males and females?

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 You got it!
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Got what? LOL the place in the comp or the males/females question? :D

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 lol I just reserved you for pilot.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    Oh, did not see the males female question. Yeah, any gender is fine! @Jendowoz0612
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    Okay thanks, will do a male and put him up soon.

• Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited October 2016
    This is just awesome @strawberrigurl. Please reserve me Navigator in @Jendowoz0612 team. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Yes!! sounds great @abelhinha35. Love to have you in my team.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Awesomeness @Jendowoz0612 :)
  • Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    Reserve me for engineer please!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Can't wait for this comp to start.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    NeverfalleNeverfalle Posts: 377 Member
    Medic, s'il vous plaît :3
    Can't stop, won't stop.
  • Options
    Okay you are all reserved. @abelhinha35 I will keep you as a member of Jen's ship but all future members will be placed on ships decided by me. I do this not be over-handed but because I don't want anyone to feel left out, picked last, or excluded. But since I did not make that clear it is only fair to honor your choice. :smile:

@Kelebek @Neverfalle @Jendowoz0612
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    Ready. Set. Go.

@alexis3142 @themysticalpoet @Penguinwa101 @flubber32c4 @MajestycUnicorn @YJB19299 @ironknight35 @picklesthecat114 @BobSkellington @psykt @AshLenn @Kelebek @xJojox @HAROZ @dafadolly @Pebblycat @Meeshelby @Phoenix_Rainx @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @Sims3fan1986 @MissBirdie @MizoreYukii @LilacErin @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @InaMac69 @lionpaws @Sterretjeee @strawberrigurl @fabtiffsim @Jellysimwich @JennaCatz @ChloeDeCookie @gramatique @natastic @Neverfalle @Jendowoz0612 @doicky96 @remi_narrow @CitizenErased14 @kittymeow @wbombje @Klept0maniac94 @NShippudenFan @peppergirl84 @wrswrs2 @SimsORIGfan @m11kj @Shelby1234 @taigoesrawr
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Thanks, @strawberrigurl. Yay! we'll soon have a team.

• Options
    @Jendowoz0612 And you will get a ship name once it is fully staffed. :)
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    I'd love to join. This looks like an awesome idea :) can I reserve medic please? :)
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @MissBirdie You got it! And thank you!
    mWC1gjz.gif