Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child romances

No, not necessarily all that woohoo stuff, but maybe just a 'kiss cheek' or 'you look pretty' interaction.

Comments

• Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    This is actually a neat idea. I mean, kids get crushes all the time! Tho in general I really with the relationship bars weren't mutual. It'd be so much better and more realistic is one sim could loathe a Sim that has a crush on them!
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    This would be cute with preteens. Just my OP, but I feel like it would fit better. :) If we got those interactions with child sims, I wouldn't be to opposed either though.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no sorry but i disagree with this idea
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't think I would like this for kids honestly. I could see it more for preteens.
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    While I don't want a romance bar for child Sims, I could see a "confess crush" option, similar to the "become best friends". This would add a little "Crush" signifier, and would unlock those sorts of interactions.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Like several others, I like this idea for pre-teens but am a little put off by the idea of my child sims having it. (its mostly my own issue, as I see my child sims as quite young, 5-7ish... But if we ever get pre-teens I'd love this option to my 10-14 year olds :D I think it'd be sweet and cute.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    No. What is wrong with you?
  • Options
    charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    I love this idea!
    <3
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    I guess I just want a life stage that doesn't have any romance and stuff. Everyone was at a time in their life where you didn't have crushes or romantic feelings or anything. I feel like the Sims child stage is that stage, which is nice. Preteens I could see having crushes but serious actual romantic feeling or relationships aren't something many little kids seek out unless they've been exposed to media that shows they should develop crushes or stuff.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I can sorta see an innocent, non romantic 'crush' like some kindergarten and first graders have on their teachers. But I think that's more like Hero Warship than anything isn't it? Like when a child sees a fireman save a person from a burning building and thinks, "Man! I wanna be him someday!"
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am not sure bout this, crushes are cute and all, but I think I will stick with the YA/AD/ELD Romance phases.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think cooties would be funny
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    But kids are at that stage where they're like- "ew girls\boys" i dont see them having romances that young. Actually an "ew" interraction could maybe work.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Sorry i dont like this idea. Kids need more kid stuff.
  • Options
    EllomiSimmerEllomiSimmer Posts: 33 Member
    I actually like this idea. Sometimes kids like to be mini adults, some obviously want to be cootie clear, but others could play kiss chase. You're probably thinking about child woohoo or child make out. Especially nowadays kids pretend that they're boyfriend and girlfriend, innocently of course. Think play pretend. When I was in first grade I and my friends would play kiss chase, play weddings, etc. It didn't mean we made out.

For kids:
    Tsundere mock (mock a sim, even though you like them)
    Pretend wedding
    Kiss chase (obviously just a peck, kids do this sometimes)
    Prince and Princess
    Play mom and dad
    Hold hands
    Banish cooties
    Share lunch

Pre teens (if added):
    Reveal crush
    Awkward hug
    Awkward kiss
    Arm around shoulder
    Hold hands
    Gaze at
    Gush about crush (to a close friend)
    Fake fall over (to get crushes attention)
    Ask to dance
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Yes but I would like this to be for pre-teens, I don't feel they're at the age. To me the child stage is around 6-9
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I think cooties would be funny

^This! Kids should look ill to each other when you play as them, like how they see the voidcritter machine stuff and the monster under the bed, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    kids definitely crush hard on other kids. It's very realistic. Even though it's not true love, it's adorable. I'd love to see this. And also stuff like cooties (as said above) or a "ew, someone from the other gender is near me" type thing.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    hotkaki wrote: »
    But kids are at that stage where they're like- "ew girls\boys" i dont see them having romances that young. Actually an "ew" interraction could maybe work.

An "ew" reaction when they see their parents kiss! I remember being grossed out when my parents kissed as a kid XD
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Dendarii wrote: »
    This is actually a neat idea. I mean, kids get crushes all the time! Tho in general I really with the relationship bars weren't mutual. It'd be so much better and more realistic is one sim could loathe a Sim that has a crush on them!
    What a coincidence, I loathe the kid who has a crush on me!
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I actually like this idea. Sometimes kids like to be mini adults, some obviously want to be cootie clear, but others could play kiss chase. You're probably thinking about child woohoo or child make out. Especially nowadays kids pretend that they're boyfriend and girlfriend, innocently of course. Think play pretend. When I was in first grade I and my friends would play kiss chase, play weddings, etc. It didn't mean we made out.

For kids:
    Tsundere mock (mock a sim, even though you like them)
    Pretend wedding
    Kiss chase (obviously just a peck, kids do this sometimes)
    Prince and Princess
    Play mom and dad
    Hold hands
    Banish cooties
    Share lunch

Pre teens (if added):
    Reveal crush
    Awkward hug
    Awkward kiss
    Arm around shoulder
    Hold hands
    Gaze at
    Gush about crush (to a close friend)
    Fake fall over (to get crushes attention)
    Ask to dance

I can totally relate to me and my first "boyfriend". We did:
    Hold hands
    Arm around shoulder for a "couple photo"
    Awkward hug once
    Hold hands
    He would fake fall over ALL THE TIME
    Like prince and princess, but Bill and Hillary Clinton
  • Options
    ReytheGamerGirl1217ReytheGamerGirl1217 Posts: 1 New Member
    Well, I totally agree. My first real crush was in 4th grade, 9-10 y/o. That's how I picture the age of the children, judging by their height and all. It may be possible with cheats, but I don't know.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    The ability to form one-sided crushes would be interesting to see.
    A really sweet and/or awkward First Kiss interaction, and yeah, that "You Look Pretty" one would be good additions. As would "Hold Hands", and even the ability to post love letters by clicking on that Sim's mailbox or front door!

Plus the ability to get cooties and for the Sim's friends to get really grossed out when they see their friend kiss that other Sim.

My first crush was about 3rd/4th grade, so it's definitely something I could realistically see in the game.

They shouldn't be real relationships, but there should be something.
    wJbomAo.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top