Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think TS4 will end?

Comments

• Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    auramaris wrote: »
    According to what a sim guru said on reddit, it appears they have a long term plan, like 9 + expansions. It's only the beginning and TS4 is shaping up to be a great game.

Shaping up to be a great game?? Are we playing the same game cause the game i'm playing seems to be failing at its every attempt to get better and disappoints at least 1 type of player with each expansion pack.

More like shaping up to be the biggest disappointment in the sims franchise but hey i'm glad you enjoy that mess.

Well... they are at least tryng to find always new ways to disappoint the players... can it count as attempt to greatness? The most disappointing game in the entire The Sims franchise. Is still a way for make the game great... the greatest disappointing ever for the franchise! :D

Sorry, tryng to use some jokes here... even if the reality si even worse... :s
    Surely if there is no change, the game will go down definitely.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Two years after the next generation of consoles are released. And I think Sims 5 will be available on them.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Two years after the next generation of consoles are released. And I think Sims 5 will be available on them.
    Past console Sims games haven't been that bad really, they usually have a lot of unique stuff and can be pretty fun.
    But I don't have much hope for TS5, if it even happens. I have a feeling they're keeping TS4 around for the long haul.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    On day Elvis comes back? Most likely the day when someone makes a life stimulation game. It out sells AAA games.
  • Options
    GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    This has to be their last generation looking at how much they show us it sounds weird they they would make a game with so meny problems and just wait as time goes on then make ts5, I heard ts5 was going to be a phone app.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Tomorrow.

No, srsly, I guess somewhere between 2018 and 2020.
  • Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    Naah, game's lit so far, fam
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are you also patiently waiting for TS4 to end so that they can release a proper successor to TS3? Personally TS4 seems more like a spin off and not truly part of the series because of the fact that it took way too many steps back.

I do respect the people who enjoy this game and want their games to be filled, so until then when do you think this series will end?
    Answer to your Title Question. When The Corp. FINALLY release the T-pack then the game runs the final curtain.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    In every iteration I liked to look forward to new content and felt a bit down that there will not be any new content, even with a new title coming up. I I believe that we'll get TS5 one day, and even though I like TS4 a new title in this franchise has always been something to look forward to for me. I wonder how the sims will look different? Which old things will be in TS5, and what kind of new things will it have? I hope TS4 gets many expansions that we got in the past (seasons, generations) so I hope it lasts long enough to provide much of the content previous games did with something new added. If it takes so long between expansions I think it will last for a while. I also hope so because I want the tech to have improved for TS5 to be different again when it comes to graphics and world.
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    In every iteration I liked to look forward to new content and felt a bit down that there will not be any new content, even with a new title coming up. I I believe that we'll get TS5 one day, and even though I like TS4 a new title in this franchise has always been something to look forward to for me. I wonder how the sims will look different? Which old things will be in TS5, and what kind of new things will it have? I hope TS4 gets many expansions that we got in the past (seasons, generations) so I hope it lasts long enough to provide much of the content previous games did with something new added. If it takes so long between expansions I think it will last for a while. I also hope so because I want the tech to have improved for TS5 to be different again when it comes to graphics and world.

I myself have high hopes for TS5 and think that it could be really good if our feedback is taken into account.

I also think it should include preteens as well as toddlers to compensate for what is not, I might never be in TS4 but I don't want them to over promote them.

I also want seasons and pets in the base game along with a built in CAW tool and CASt.

Graphics wise I want it to look awesome :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The Sims 4 is really bad. If they keep losing $ on it (because EA is not listening! nor do they care what the old school players want, it's all about the younger gen and party time) There won't be a Sims 5.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    @alexandrea
    they probably are being hurt by it. They're trying their best to make it a great game and they get so much bashing. People do not get how hard it is to make a life simulation game, and the developers cannot simply say it is really hard because, again, they'll get more hate. What if you were a game developer and lots of people were hating on your game? It doesn't feel too great. Even if you are getting paid, it is hard to be hated on when you're simply trying your best to satisfy. Lets say you sold a painting to someone and you thought it was very good. But, then, you started hearing rumors about how people really hated it. Doesn't feel to great, does it? And, yet, you are being paid!
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Ugh... This thread is a cancer. I'm not even sure it falls under the speculation/rumor section. A bunch of people wishing sims 4 come to an end. (In no way I mean all people that posted here. Just some.)
    I find it funny how people don't see that they themselves create a problem out of nothing.
    "Oh, I wish sims 4 would fail and be no more so sims 5 may come out faster"
    It will not. If sims 4 fails - sims franchise fails. They will simply not have budget for sims 5.
    Don't you think it's better to wish sims 4 would progress and improve?
    I don't think developers like to see their game being trashed every day.
    I also don't think they are trying to make it bad and unsatisfying for the players on purpose.
    I'm pretty sure that they are continuously working on improving the game.
    But your negativity is not helping. Constructive criticism is one thing. It may help the development by indicating the flaws and shortcomings of the game. But bashing the game and developers and wishing the game to fail is a whole different story. It's discouraging.
    Compare these 2 situations.
    1) The teacher at school/college or your boss tells you "I think you should work on improving this, this and that, because I feel like it's lacking and could be improved"
    2) The same teacher/boss tells you "Oh, your job is plum, you can't do anything right, and will never be able to"

Which situation encourages improvement? Just think about it.

People have opinions, get over it. We are tired. It's been 2 years. The developers know their job, and I don't fault them. I fault Ea.

Edit: To answer your question... Those are both forms of criticism, one is just harsher than the other. Sure the second one plum but if someone said that to me I would work 10x harder to fix my mistakes but that's just my personality. You really think the developers are hurt by what we say? They're getting paid. They don't care.

• Options
    Adventure4U1Adventure4U1 Posts: 239 Member
    I haven't been around for a while and I've only played Sims 3. I do think Sims 4 looks interesting with the new features and the moment they get Sims 4, I'll be ready. Actually, I'm kinda glad they don't have toddlers yet cause I wouldn't be buying it yet anyway- I still need to finish college. Hopefully, they've got toddlers out by the time I graduate, because then I'll be buying EVERY EXPANSION PACK.

It was something I never did with Sims 3. My parents always brought those Expansion Packs and they didn't want to spend all that money. I'd probably still be playing Sims 3 if my dumb computer hadn't decided to update to Windows 10 on me, forcing me to lose my game. It's been very hard without it, but I'd be stopping Sims 3 in a year anyway as I'd be off to living in the dorms. Still, the moment college is over, maybe I'll get Sims 4. get it back. Of course, that does depend on te toddlers.
    Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    With the way it's going I think soon.. Only one EP a year, yet we get tons of Stuff packs. Nah, they either pick up the pace or it's slowly dying.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    I honestly hope it ends soon. :( OR conversely I hope that it goes on forever for those that DO love it, but that some DECENT company will make the rest of our dreams come true with a REAL sandbox life sim game. Something with options until the cows come home. Something that is really pushing the envelope and making us say "WOW!". Something stable and appealing to a wide range of players, vanilla and deviant. FULL interesting life-stages, variable controls, editable worlds, add-on editing/ CC making/ programs, WITH beautiful explorable worlds, boundary pushing architectural options (thinking Inception style world building).

I'm so tired of the strife and half-baked game pieces that are being cobbled together. Either they are going to have to put out some pretty amazing content, and completely re-work the entire basegame.. or we're really just putting more glitter on a you-know-what. I'm really tired of the disappointment. I keep hoping that the next EP or whatever is going to be the thing that pulls me back in, but it never is. Unless at some point the game can offer full life stages, a colourwheel or some sort of re-colouring option that goes beyond the numbers of my fingers and toes, and fixed "emotions". In which case I will finally be able to say "man I'm glad I spent $$$ on this game, its offered me endless entertainment". I don't want to "settle" for what scraps they are tossing out, no matter how pretty the wrappings.

I'm not a real gamer but I would be more than willing to save up a LOT of money to buy a big gaming rig to run a SIMS game that was really amazing. And I think a lot of other people would too. Sims could have been a real contender with some of the big games out there, but instead it was brought down to something akin to a fancy tablet app.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited September 2016
    Is it just me or are you also patiently waiting for TS4 to end so that they can release a proper successor to TS3? Personally TS4 seems more like a spin off and not truly part of the series because of the fact that it took way too many steps back.

I do respect the people who enjoy this game and want their games to be filled, so until then when do you think this series will end?

I would give it max of 2 years.. but it is really a lot.. the engine won't hold for long and I think they are aware of it.. I just want competition.. I want EA to start trying to keep customers not to push them away... so I do hope there will be a lot of competition...
    and I have just noticed that I already posted here before so you can completely ignore this post OP;))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited September 2016
    teaa5 wrote: »

I would give it max of 2 years.. but it is really a lot.. the engine won't hold for long and I think they are aware of it.. I just want competition.. I want EA to start trying to keep customers not to push them away... so I do hope there will be a lot of competition...

They pushed me off the freaking roof with me going "HELLLLP!" lol! All joking aside EA needs to talk to fans of the first three series so they can at least realize that there vision isn't the only vision. It should be about using a vision to help others with their vision. Like going to a "For Eyes" store for the common goal of wanting help to see the world more clearly and your seeing an eye doctor to meet half way on meeting that goal. Yeah well here we are Simmers of the world going to the EA office with the doors closed and locked on a Tuesday afternoon with an EA employee throwing one pair of sunglasses out the window of the twelve floor shouting at us saying "This is our vision now leave". "We here you" is becoming a quote for saying "Leave us alone we're trying to finish off adding a new checklist in the game for you to follow!" and that's just not cool with me...

-So with that said I'm voting for it ending in twelve minutes
  • Options

They pushed me off the freaking roof with me going "HELLLLP!" lol! All joking aside EA needs to talk to fans of the first three series so they can at least realize that there vision isn't the only vision. It should be about using a vision to help others with their vision. Like going to a "For Eyes" store for the common goal of wanting help to see the world more clearly and your seeing an eye doctor to meet half way on meeting that goal. Yeah well here we are Simmers of the world going to the EA office with the doors closed and locked on a Tuesday afternoon with an EA employee throwing one pair of sunglasses out the window of the twelve floor shouting at us saying "This is our vision now leave". "We here you" is becoming a quote for saying "Leave us alone we're trying to finish off adding a new checklist in the game for you to follow!" and that's just not cool with me...

I love love your comments @DegrassiGen :))) they always make me smile and glad to see you back on forum:)
    I am on the roof still!!! although on the edge now:P Please prepare some cushions;)) oh wait need to put the glasses on.. might see what they have there for the Seasons expansion:)) before jumping.. just to be sure that it is time to jump:) oh wait.. glasses says there is no dam vision!!!!! O.O how can we see the vision if there is no dam vision.. or maybe it is an invisible and unexplained vision.. I remember in one of article Rachel said that they can't explain their vision and we should see it on our own...!! I am blind then... because all I can see is: the mess.. and half baked ideas and limitations.. maybe I am getting older and my vision is bad now.. maybe this is the new concept of sims games? - messy, half-baked and with huge limitations with the written "youWE rule" somewhere:)
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    @alexandrea
    they probably are being hurt by it. They're trying their best to make it a great game and they get so much bashing. People do not get how hard it is to make a life simulation game, and the developers cannot simply say it is really hard because, again, they'll get more hate. What if you were a game developer and lots of people were hating on your game? It doesn't feel too great. Even if you are getting paid, it is hard to be hated on when you're simply trying your best to satisfy. Lets say you sold a painting to someone and you thought it was very good. But, then, you started hearing rumors about how people really hated it. Doesn't feel to great, does it? And, yet, you are being paid!
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Ugh... This thread is a cancer. I'm not even sure it falls under the speculation/rumor section. A bunch of people wishing sims 4 come to an end. (In no way I mean all people that posted here. Just some.)
    I find it funny how people don't see that they themselves create a problem out of nothing.
    "Oh, I wish sims 4 would fail and be no more so sims 5 may come out faster"
    It will not. If sims 4 fails - sims franchise fails. They will simply not have budget for sims 5.
    Don't you think it's better to wish sims 4 would progress and improve?
    I don't think developers like to see their game being trashed every day.
    I also don't think they are trying to make it bad and unsatisfying for the players on purpose.
    I'm pretty sure that they are continuously working on improving the game.
    But your negativity is not helping. Constructive criticism is one thing. It may help the development by indicating the flaws and shortcomings of the game. But bashing the game and developers and wishing the game to fail is a whole different story. It's discouraging.
    Compare these 2 situations.
    1) The teacher at school/college or your boss tells you "I think you should work on improving this, this and that, because I feel like it's lacking and could be improved"
    2) The same teacher/boss tells you "Oh, your job is plum, you can't do anything right, and will never be able to"

Which situation encourages improvement? Just think about it.

People have opinions, get over it. We are tired. It's been 2 years. The developers know their job, and I don't fault them. I fault Ea.

Edit: To answer your question... Those are both forms of criticism, one is just harsher than the other. Sure the second one plum but if someone said that to me I would work 10x harder to fix my mistakes but that's just my personality. You really think the developers are hurt by what we say? They're getting paid. They don't care.

They've had two years to improve and there's no end in sight. How many times before ppl get tired of the tiny carrots?
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I love love your comments @DegrassiGen :))) they always make me smile and glad to see you back on forum:)
    I am on the roof still!!! although on the edge now:P Please prepare some cushions;)) oh wait need to put the glasses on.. might see what they have there for the Seasons expansion:)) before jumping.. just to be sure that it is time to jump:) oh wait.. glasses says there is no dam vision!!!!! O.O how can we see the vision if there is no dam vision.. or maybe it is an invisible and unexplained vision.. I remember in one of article Rachel said that they can't explain their vision and we should see it on our own...!! I am blind then... because all I can see is: the mess.. and half baked ideas and limitations.. maybe I am getting older and my vision is bad now.. maybe this is the new concept of sims games? - messy, half-baked and with huge limitations with the written "youWE rule" somewhere:)

Apparently we only rule "THE DANCE FLOOR the dance floor....the dance floor" lol sorry but when EA gives us Silence followed by disappointments at a square root of an equation level the side effect is echoing your own voice....haha and anyway I love your comment you just posted as well but hold on! EA might surprise us with a stuff pack we never wanted called "The Sims 4: He's Not Your Father Stuff pack" oh dam I just fell off of my wheelchair after my roof fall lol.....oh well maybe it's my "lack of vision" that helped me fall out of the wheelchair. Anyway I'm hoping you have the strength to stay on that roof but the cushions, the trampoline, the coast guard (for some reason they wanted to create dramatic water effects), an ambulance, and a doctor that never had a malpractice in her life has been placed at ground level!
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Apparently we only rule "THE DANCE FLOOR the dance floor....the dance floor" lol sorry but when EA gives us Silence followed by disappointments at a square root of an equation level the side effect is echoing your own voice....haha and anyway I love your comment you just posted as well but hold on! EA might surprise us with a stuff pack we never wanted called "The Sims 4: He's Not Your Father Stuff pack" oh dam I just fell off of my wheelchair after my roof fall lol.....oh well maybe it's my "lack of vision" that helped me fall out of the wheelchair. Anyway I'm hoping you have the strength to stay on that roof but the cushions, the trampoline, the coast guard (for some reason they wanted to create dramatic water effects), an ambulance, and a doctor that never had a malpractice in her life has been placed at ground level!

ahhaahahahahahhaahah omg hahahahah thank you for the entourage on the ground floor:)) at least I will be ready to jump when they will release the Seasons expansion pack: with no visible Seasons added - put the glasses on if you want to see the EA vision for Seasons in the game- and weather available only in one vacation world between hours 1 and 5 in the afternoon only on every 3 sim day:))))))))))))))))))))))) and there will be * added to the expansion pack which will say: if you want more Seasons and weather in different worlds please ask moderators:))) Your sincerely.. EA:)
    Imagine!! I wanted to pre-order that dam City Life.. I loved it so much, but something told me to wait and then they launched their "nice" surprise... I would be literally banging my head against the wall now If I did pre-order it.. At least I know one thing with sims 4 .. never trust EA anymore.. wait for all the info, then reviews then sale:P and when you reach the max lvl on the "disappointed" skill then just jump and cross out Sims 4 from your life:)
    00.jpg

• Options

ahhaahahahahahhaahah omg hahahahah thank you for the entourage on the ground floor:)) at least I will be ready to jump when they will release the Seasons expansion pack: with no visible Seasons added - put the glasses on if you want to see the EA vision for Seasons in the game- and weather available only in one vacation world between hours 1 and 5 in the afternoon only on every 3 sim day:))))))))))))))))))))))) and there will be * added to the expansion pack which will say: if you want more Seasons and weather in different worlds please ask moderators:))) Your sincerely.. EA:)
    Imagine!! I wanted to pre-order that dam City Life.. I loved it so much, but something told me to wait and then they launched their "nice" surprise... I would be literally banging my head against the wall now If I did pre-order it.. At least I know one thing with sims 4 .. never trust EA anymore.. wait for all the info, then reviews then sale:P and when you reach the max lvl on the "disappointed" skill then just jump and cross out Sims 4 from your life:)

Already deleted. Can I tell you what I did with the dvd covers. Laid it face down on the window sill where I never pay attention to it so it will basically be collecting dust. I never in the history of "The Sims" got so excited for something only to have numerous tweets destroy it pretty fast. Apartments are a part of city living but we are only given what they want us to have. I can't even build it myself. Does this mean we need four worlds for four seasons? And no problem on the entourage. Still trying to figure out why the jingle bells are the coast guard here just to throw off a special water work show in the event you fall......is there no hurricane that can chase after them or something man....lol
  • Options
    MarionOpheliaMarionOphelia Posts: 58 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    Hey OP, sorry you feel this way since my feelings are the exact opposite. But if I remember correctly people were saying the same - or at least similar - thing about TS3 after it was released. However, to answer your questions: I love TS4 because it is by far the best iteration in its franchise and if the 'Sims-God' is merciful this journay will never end <3 .

I wish I felt the same way about it, but there just isn't enough in it for me and they've removed too much. :(

Yeah, last year I gave TS3 a chance again and I can totally feel you. Always when I force myself to play it there is just too much missing. The game feels, well, almost empty :/ .

omg, i love your profile pic! Is there any way I can download that gorgeous sim?
  • Options

Already deleted. Can I tell you what I did with the dvd covers. Laid it face down on the window sill where I never pay attention to it so it will basically be collecting dust. I never in the history of "The Sims" got so excited for something only to have numerous tweets destroy it pretty fast. Apartments are a part of city living but we are only given what they want us to have. I can't even build it myself. Does this mean we need four worlds for four seasons? And no problem on the entourage. Still trying to figure out why the jingle bells are the coast guard here just to throw off a special water work show in the event you fall......is there no hurricane that can chase after them or something man....lol

I know how you feel.. felt the same.. still feel so disappointed;( when they announced it I was like: yayayayay, finally EA is changing! and finally the ep to look forward to.. I even made a happy dance! lol and then they... they broke my heart;( and we are not the only ones;( I think we need some "EA killed our joy" support group:)lol
    Seasons.. i think there will be only winter and summer;))) why to bother with other seasons;))) and weather.. hmm snow a bit;)) eheheh WE SHALL LIMIT everything!!! :)) Do not let them enjoy fully the game.. keep them hungry for more stuff packs :) Although I see that devs are trying their best and I am grateful for their work.
    oh the water work show!!!! awwwwwwwww:))))))))) fireworks too?:)) and some music bands;)) ahaha omg.. now I am just greedy lol it is like 1 min jump lol:))) hahaha
    00.jpg

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited September 2016
    I too suspect this iteration is going to run longer for three reasons

1) The Sims 3 was the first title to have DLC in place for the entire iteration.
    I suspect what they discovered is that DLC reveunues increased the older the title became, giving them a pretty good reason to strip this title down to it's barebones and extend it's life.

2) It seems pretty evident by the way they designed this game that they were bent on keeping technical issues to a minimum so they could allocate those resources elsewhere. TS3 apparantly caused them so much grief that they were willing to alienate a good chunk of the fanbase to dumb down the game and rid themselves of the tech support headache. Just by the look of the neighnorhood map you can pretty much tell that it's going to end up looking the way the TS1 map did by the time that series ended

Why is that relevant? Because some of the human recources who spent time putting out fires trying to get TS3 to work properly for everyone can now be reassigned to the development side of the house...which brings me to speculation number three.

3) Virtual Reality : It's going to take a few months to a couple years to sort out where the VR market is going and a few years after that to develop for it.

While its true that gimmicky peripheral based innovations tend to have an extremely high failure rate in the gaming industry.. I'm getting the impression that the industry in general is past the proof of concept phase and well into the mad scramble to find the best and most lucrative way to deliver it to the market. In other words there is no doubt in their minds it's going to work...they just need time to figure out which basket to put their eggs in.

TS4 feels like a stop gap to me. It will run longer, cause them fewer headaches, make them more money from DLC and give them more dev time for a title that should have some form of VR functionality. If you really stop and think about it. No other title in their portfolio is better suited for a VR rollout

My bet is TS4 will be around for as long as it takes for them to finalize a plan and implement it.