Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Book Club Thread - Check out the New One!

Comments

• Options
    RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    Thank you again @CathyTea :) It was a really good experience and I'm so honored you chose my blog for your thoughtful discussion. Thank you again, also @lisabee2 for hosting. Your questions were very interesting and fun.

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

• Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    I'd nominate Eight Cicadas by @InfraGreen, but you already did that one a few months ago.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    @CathyTea .. I enjoyed hosting very much. I could have done a better job on week two but my RL just would not cooperate LOL this was my week LOL ..
    14441152_10211376534117666_4011070237906829097_n_zpshmarz1ph.jpg

gallop and a trot .. gallop and a trot .. https://www.facebook.com/lisabee2/videos/10211376533797658/?l=3541594472339083872
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    I'd nominate Eight Cicadas by @InfraGreen, but you already did that one a few months ago.

I'm not even at enough (new) chapters for re-run consideration.

Are there enough Ambrosia Challenge stories around to do an Ambrosia Challenge month/block? It's a new challenge that has captured at least some minds and inspired some quality reading. And Angel in the Dark got a good response when it was featured.

Maybe find some other death or horror-themed stories and we can have a cool October/November Halloween theme (I know you have The Swanson Legacy penciled in for a tentative October date, and it's drama but not horror, but maybe try to get that in ASAP in the month and then get a theme in). "March with the Undead" was too much fun for just once a year!

And outside of that:

The Fey of Life by @RipuAncestor (I'm honestly shocked we got to Chrysanthemum Tango before this)

The Colt Family Traitacy by @AdamsEve1231. In this case, I'd be willing to host Coffee Hour. And her other stories are great too, but this is the only one I'm caught up on right now. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2016
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Are there enough Ambrosia Challenge stories around to do an Ambrosia Challenge month/block? It's a new challenge that has captured at least some minds and inspired some quality reading. And Angel in the Dark got a good response when it was featured.

Maybe find some other death or horror-themed stories and we can have a cool October/November Halloween theme (I know you have The Swanson Legacy penciled in for a tentative October date, and it's drama but not horror, but maybe try to get that in ASAP in the month and then get a theme in). "March with the Undead" was too much fun for just once a year!

The Ambrosia Challenge month would be fun, provided there are indeed enough stories for that.

Even if there isn't, I'm still going to nominate @ra3rei 's A Ghost of a Chance. My heart leaps in excitement whenever I see that a new chapter has been posted to it. :)

Also @Thymeless has a really promising Ambrosia story (Can You Hear the Violins?), but it only has around five chapters so far. Still, something to keep in mind for future discussions!

Also I'm always up for a death/horror month!
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    And outside of that:

The Fey of Life by @RipuAncestor (I'm honestly shocked we got to Chrysanthemum Tango before this)
    :blush: Aww, thanks! [And I was (joyously) shocked too when Tango was nominated, especially since back then I'd only written the first chapter.]

doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I would approve of an Ambrosia Challenge month! :smiley: But I am very biased there :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Oooh! AWESOME! I'm totally in favor of October Ambrosia Month!

@Thymeless - You're on notice! Get writing! LOL! (Nothing like pressure... no worries. We'll schedule you for the end of the month...)

We could also make it a Ghost Story/Supernatural month!

Do we have a few other ghost stories that we could use to fill out the month?

And I'm so glad someone nominated Fey of Life--I was going to, but I'd already nominated a ton of things...

(And I want to nominate Memoir Me by @OJenn and Dance! by @BBQPenguinWings but I think we need a few more chapters? Maybe winter stories?)

If we get two to three ghost stories, we'll have a spooky month covered!

(As we get other nominations, I'll look at them in categories and propose a themed schedule... also, all the writers will get a chance to review the schedule to make sure that their work will be read during a week that's good for them.)
    This is so much fun! :smiley:
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    @CathyTea if we want to make an Ambrosia Month you could add @Rainydayz179 finished Ambrosia challenge too :)

Oh, fantastic! Great addition! Anyone else?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Wow, an Ambrosia Challenge month would be great for October!

Speaking about nominations, I would like to nominate Delicious Dishes and Dreams by @Jes2G and Dining Drama by @VIRTUALEE. I would love one month to be devoted to restaurant stories! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I just found out that @JLBDreamer is making an sims 3 ambrosia challenge. I haven't read it but if we want to add another one to the book club we could take this story too.
  • Options

Speaking about nominations, I would like to nominate Delicious Dishes and Dreams by @Jes2G and Dining Drama by @VIRTUALEE. I would love one month to be devoted to restaurant stories! :)

Awesome suggestion--let's read your story then, too!

Maybe we should have November be our Feast Month!

Here's what we're looking at so far...

October - Ghostly Nights (Ambrosia Challenges)

@Rainydayz179 's Ambrosia Challenge
    @ra3rei 's Ghost of a Chance
    @Thymeless 's - Can you hear the violins?

And... maybe we catch up with @Marialein "Angel in the Darkness"!

We can also fit in another ambrosia challenge or two, if you know of any... or another ghostly story!

November - Fantastic Feasts (Dining challenges or stories)
    We have three, we can use one more!)

@Jes2G 's Delicious Dishes and Dreams
    @Virtualee 's Dining Drama
    @Simslover163 's Restaurant Extravaganza

And we've got room for another one or two

December/January - Fairies and Foreigners (? Huh? Let's work on the title or theme of this... and this may actually be two themes... )

@RipuAncestor 's Fey of Life (Perfect for winter! :smiley: )
    @Thymeless 's Centauri Legacy
    @MadameLee 's Swanson Legacy
    @Julyvee94 Until It Breaks
    @AdamsEve1231 's Colt Family Traitacy
    @pammiechick 's Day & Knight
    @friendsfan367 The Benders

So... it looks like we have room for another ambrosia or ghost story, room for another dining-themed story, and then, we look pretty well full up until 2017! :) although we can always squeeze in a few favorites!

And in the spring, we'll probably be ready for reruns (thinking of Eight Cicadas, @InfraGreen ! )

• Options
    If we want to have my story again in the book club we could make a different day as coffee hour as well cause there won't be so much to catch up even though I will try it ;)
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

Oh you’re sweet. Guess I need to write those chapters I never got to then. :p
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    If we want to have my story again in the book club we could make a different day as coffee hour as well cause there won't be so much to catch up even though I will try it ;)

Ok! Maybe we can double-up one week... I was guessing you'd have maybe four or five new chapters by the end of October? I think you've written two new ones already... We'll do what works for you!

Also, I'm wondering if we want a Build Newcrest theme...

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Ok! Maybe we can double-up one week... I was guessing you'd have maybe four or five new chapters by the end of October? I think you've written two new ones already... We'll do what works for you!

Also, I'm wondering if we want a Build Newcrest theme...

Maybe I get to the point of the story where you will all gasp. Then I guess we need a discussion about it :D
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    @CathyTea aww thanks yeah I would wait. I've been busy with other things buy the city life thing will be good to use certain aspects in Dance so I am sure it will renew my interests. There are plenty of other amazing stories who's authors arent lazy like me lol
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Just saw my story, Day & Knight's nomination! Thanks @Maladi777 ! And um...yeah, she might have a reason to nominate it. Glad to read all of these fall stories and catch up. Love book club!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Just saw my story, Day & Knight's nomination! Thanks @Maladi777 ! And um...yeah, she might have a reason to nominate it. Glad to read all of these fall stories and catch up. Love book club!

@Pammiechick - How does our tentative schedule look? It's looking like your story will come up in late December/January... for some reason, it seems really glamorous to me, so I was thinking it might be fit well around the New Year! Does that seem like a good time for us to read it?

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

@Pammiechick - How does our tentative schedule look? It's looking like your story will come up in late December/January... for some reason, it seems really glamorous to me, so I was thinking it might be fit well around the New Year! Does that seem like a good time for us to read it?

Yes....that sounds perfect! Thank you!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    Ahhh I got nominated with both stories? :open_mouth:
    I'd better get working then XD <3
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited September 2016
    I noticed @Rainydayz179 is also doing a restaurant challenge too. I wish I could nominate her story, but it's under 10 chapters.

ETA: The schedule looks great to me! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Thymeless wrote: »

me too. .
  • Options
    I noticed @Rainydayz179 is also doing a restaurant challenge too. I wish I could nominate her story, but it's under 10 chapters.

ETA: The schedule looks great to me! :)

Hey, @Rainydayz179 ! If you get your Restaurant Challenge up to ten chapters by November, we'll read it in Book Club! :)

(How's that for incentive? :p )

• Options
    Thymeless wrote: »

me too. .

@friendsfan367 You're in great shape! And the Benders are scheduled for the end of the year/beginning of the year, so you've got plenty of time to add more humor and drama...