Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Talking toilet

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    My opinion is this who ever thought of this talking toilet content is immature highly lacks intelligence it wasn't a bright idea to begin with and I'll bet it'll have issues waste of time and money rolling my eyes whoever came up with this idea needs to grow up acting like a two year old...oh wait we don't have those.

Now this is the most amazing post I've seen all day. In a thread full of "mature adults" who are doing nothing but whining and complaining because they included a talking toilet in Build/Buy mode (that you don't even have to use) to amuse us. You don't like the toilet, fine. You feel the need to be mature and vent over and over about an object you don't have to put in you game, fine. But to sit there and call a dev "immature" for creating an object for our game (their job, by the way) is the height of hypocrisy. You have in more ways than one, shown yourself to be the epitome of immaturity.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    My opinion is this who ever thought of this talking toilet content is immature highly lacks intelligence it wasn't a bright idea to begin with and I'll bet it'll have issues waste of time and money rolling my eyes whoever came up with this idea needs to grow up acting like a two year old...oh wait we don't have those.

Now this is the most amazing post I've seen all day. In a thread full of "mature adults" who are doing nothing but whining and complaining because they included a talking toilet in Build/Buy mode (that you don't even have to use) to amuse us. You don't like the toilet, fine. You feel the need to be mature and vent over and over about an object you don't have to put in you game, fine. But to sit there and call a dev "immature" for creating an object for our game (their job, by the way) is the height of hypocrisy. You have in more ways than one, shown yourself to be the epitome of immaturity.

Personally I think that the talking toilet is one of their better ideas.

It sounds more 'fun' than last year's 'bush woohoo' at least.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,634 Member
    edited September 2016

I stated I find it immature which it is in my opinion I mean it would've been funny if I was child but I'm not and I'm stating I don't like it and whoever thought of this content is immature if you don't like my opinion than just ignore me and move on but it seems like I struck a nerve.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I stated I find it immature which it is in my opinion I mean it would've been funny if I was child but I'm not and I'm stating I don't like it and whoever thought of this content is immature if you don't like my opinion than just ignore me and move on but it seems like I struck a nerve.

You did strike a nerve. They work very hard on these packs and if you don't like an object or a feature, that's fine. There are things I don't like. But you went past voicing your discontent to insulting someone for doing their job. I don't know (nor care) what you do for a living, but if you were criticized on a personal level for the job (good or bad) that you had done as many times and in as many ways as the "fans" of this game have criticized the devs, I highly doubt you would go into work tomorrow. The immaturity was a personal dig that was both uncalled for and beneath you. Shame on you!
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    ok, I give in. Have tried to resist posting in this thread... I like it. A lot. Sims games have always had the ridiculous and quirky and silly. I'm pleased it's in. The more silly stuff the better. Besides, most of the animations were already in the game so development time was probably not that intense.

I'm motherloding in a talking toilet for my new sim the second I get an apartment chosen for him. Of course, I'll be deleting it soon after, once I've played around with it for a while... >:)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

You did strike a nerve. They work very hard on these packs and if you don't like an object or a feature, that's fine. There are things I don't like. But you went past voicing your discontent to insulting someone for doing their job. I don't know (nor care) what you do for a living, but if you were criticized on a personal level for the job (good or bad) that you had done as many times and in as many ways as the "fans" of this game have criticized the devs, I highly doubt you would go into work tomorrow. The immaturity was a personal dig that was both uncalled for and beneath you. Shame on you!

Yeah you right you don't know my personal life or my job in which I do get criticized everyday on but I still go in every day with a smile on my face because I know for that's thier own opinion and they feel they want to voice it some extremely negative talk to the point they wanted me fired that's how angry they were at me oh well I moved on and ignore it years later I'm still working there what I'm saying that it is my own opinion it does not matter I thought it was a highly immature idea oh well big deal to other people I'm just talking your not going to change my mind are you? no than move on
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Pics please
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

Yeah you right you don't know my personal life or my job in which I do get criticized everyday on but I still go in every day with a smile on my face because I know for that's thier own opinion and they feel they want to voice it some extremely negative talk to the point they wanted me fired that's how angry they were at me oh well I moved on and ignore it years later I'm still working there what I'm saying that it is my own opinion it does not matter I thought it was a highly immature idea oh well big deal to other people I'm just talking your not going to change my mind are you? no than move on

If customers treat you like garbage, how the hell do you not have any empathy for other people on the receiving end of abusive customers?
    I worked retail for ten years, and I can't help but always side with the employee now, because I know what it's like to be treated like I don't matter.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I think it's a cute/funny object. Doesn't do much overall but it just adds some whimsy/quirk to the game that I like. Wish we could all discuss this peacefully.

Also loving the argument being had over a talking toilet. Like come on this is hilarious, but also please be respectful.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @kwanzaabot I have empathy because I don't know what happened in thier lives to come and pick me to rant and rave opinions but they do and another I dont escalate the problem because they want that and I'm not going to give in to their satisfaction I have other customers to attend and work to do I ignore it smile tell them have a good day with smile and continue to work because I need the money and I like to do what I do and no one can put my job in jeopardy for comment or opinion.
  • Options
    EgomouseEgomouse Posts: 69 Member
    I think it's a cute/funny object. Doesn't do much overall but it just adds some whimsy/quirk to the game that I like. Wish we could all discuss this peacefully.

Also loving the argument being had over a talking toilet. Like come on this is hilarious, but also please be respectful.

All I thought was just "cool xD Talking toilet." during the livestream.
    But now I'm actually excited for it. Thank you for this topic. I have seen the possibilities it will bring to my game through all this discussion. I can now build a talking toilet restaurant: Modern_Toilet_Restaurant
    With the mascot being the talking toilet. I hope we have costumes of talking toilet so I can have my employees wear it. Talking toilet for host. Heck, talking toilet for mayor.
    Electronic Japanese Toilet These toilets have music on them. We won't even need radios :o And the bidets...Social, fun, hygiene, and bathroom needs, what a space saver. I'm more upset I don't have these in my bathroom....This is why Sims need talking toilets, so they can live in the dream house I want.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    want to know if my Sim can talk back to it like have a conversation. Might come in handy late night when everyone else is in bed.
    Might be something like:
    Toilet: You forgot to flush me !
    Sim: I'm waiting until you stink.
    Toilet: Well don't sit on me until you flush me
    Sim: Aww my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 will miss you...
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    I know they have talking toilet in real life I think in Japan I can be wrong but I did see them on TV before.

But yes as far as I know there are no talking toilets in NA culture shock a bit much? (as far as I recall no talking toilet in Oregon I can be wrong)

To be friends with a talking toilet now that's funny :D

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    My Sims are not giving up a 4 bedroom home for a apartment but I like the new objects of this expansion.A talking toilet with light show and dancing water well this is the Sims.
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member

I'm definitely not a child, and I still find it funny.
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Its ridiculous. I can already foresee it. My sim going for a pee and then.....starts having a conversation with it.......isnt it just a tad bit creepy............
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    hafizchan wrote: »
    Its ridiculous. I can already foresee it. My sim going for a pee and then.....starts having a conversation with it.......isnt it just a tad bit creepy............

No creepier than talking to Siri.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Well it makes a change to the usual toddler debates. Chances are by the time there is a TS5 the forums might be over run with 'when are they adding talking toilets back to the game?' :grin:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I like the talking toilet. It's different and it's based on a real thing. I think there are situations where it could be useful.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited September 2016
    A small part of me feels like this could potentially be the thing that was meant to be in the base game but the gurus found it too crazy to do so and ended up saving it for an EP. Just a guess.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    It makes me so angry. Instead adding something usefull like washing machine or something, they decide to make this Shlt!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Waste of resources if you ask me. Instead of a talking toilet, they better could have animated elevators and whatnot.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Even if they hadn't included the toilet the elevators still wouldn't have been animated and we still wouldn't have been able to build our own apartments.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    EgomouseEgomouse Posts: 69 Member
    The talking toilet is now the scapegoat for all things wrong with Sims 4. Poor guy.
    #TalkingToiletIsInnocent #TalkingToiletHasFeelingsToo
    But yes to elevator animations ^w^ #ElevatorAnimationRules
    ....Okay, I'm done with the hashtags xP
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    A small part of me feels like this could potentially be the thing that was meant to be in the base game but the gurus found it too crazy to do so and ended up saving it for an EP. Just a guess.

Ohhh. Good call! I'm glad they went for it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.