Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

elevator is not available in build mode?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Taquanda wrote: »
    Quick question but what is the odds of an elevator also having a loading screen from going yo different floors? Is that a little bit too extreme?
    I would say that the odds on that are very good!

Well actually a Guru said there is not going to be a loading screen for elevators.

40e2562c8df85e472deb01490980cc75.png
    I remember them saying that. But was that for when the sim is out on the street though? When they said that there's no loading screen when going to a street fair. We need to keep in mind that SimGurus are not always clear on what they say. They do this to avoid sharing to much information on the subject. Again this is another case where one needs to be specific when asking a SimGuru about loading screens. Now if there is or isn't loading screens on the elevator, that's fine by me. Because I'm so very use to playing The Sims with loading screens by now.

He said "never" to the question "Do elevator have a loading screen?"
    As I had stated in my last comment, it's fine with me if there is or isn't any loading screens on the elevators. So since he said that there isn't, that's fine with me.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Yeah, possible.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Taquanda wrote: »
    Quick question but what is the odds of an elevator also having a loading screen from going yo different floors? Is that a little bit too extreme?
    I would say that the odds on that are very good!

Well actually a Guru said there is not going to be a loading screen for elevators.

40e2562c8df85e472deb01490980cc75.png
    I remember them saying that. But was that for when the sim is out on the street though? When they said that there's no loading screen when going to a street fair. We need to keep in mind that SimGurus are not always clear on what they say. They do this to avoid sharing to much information on the subject. Again this is another case where one needs to be specific when asking a SimGuru about loading screens. Now if there is or isn't loading screens on the elevator, that's fine by me. Because I'm so very use to playing The Sims with loading screens by now.

He said "never" to the question "Do elevator have a loading screen?"

Amateur hour once again.
  • Options
    DavidMak89DavidMak89 Posts: 105 Member
    ""The elevators require an apartment shell to work properly. I do not believe they are available in the catalog""

i can't believe that! THIS IS SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2016
    DavidMak89 wrote: »
    ""The elevators require an apartment shell to work properly. I do not believe they are available in the catalog""

That will be disappointing to mansion builders if it's the case. (He didn't 100% confirm it.)

FYI that's from here - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15222311#Comment_15222311

Though there's this right after:
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Apparently it should be possible to mod an elevator based on an existing door type (not from the CL elevators), once one of us has unravelled the python to do it :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Source?
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Source?

Check my edit, Emma :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DavidMak89DavidMak89 Posts: 105 Member
    edited September 2016
    honestly in my current games i have built some office building(retail venue) and two department store (retail venue) that what i needed the elevator to place it!
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    edited September 2016
    Well that does it for me. I was going to get the EP, but seeing now that elevators aren't even placeable, I'm not wasting my money. They keep half-🐸🐸🐸🐸 these packs.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    Steve StormSteve Storm Posts: 106 Member
    Looking closely at the penthouse portion of the Apartments Trailer video, there are stairs briefly visible (at 2:03) leading from the first floor to the second floor. One could conclude that if the elevators were a build/buy object, they most likely would have been used to access the upper floors inside of the penthouse instead of placing a set of stairs.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Looking closely at the penthouse portion of the Apartments Trailer video, there are stairs briefly visible (at 2:03) leading from the first floor to the second floor. One could conclude that if the elevators were a build/buy object, they most likely would have been used to access the upper floors inside of the penthouse instead of placing a set of stairs.
    Those stairs are likely the ones that led up to the pool level on the outside veranda of the penthouse.
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I can see their excuse now: They wanted to give us the best elevators EVER without being restricted by the limitations in build and buy mode so they decided to make it Fx!

how accurate! :D
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Those stairs are likely the ones that led up to the pool level on the outside veranda of the penthouse.

Lol, I actually missed that set of stairs. I was referring to a set of stairs inside of the penthouse (upper right side of the screen at 2:03)
    full

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It'll be okay... for now, I'd expect they'd make elevators for build mode shortly after.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    It'll be okay... for now, I'd expect they'd make elevators for build mode shortly after.

@IngeJones (I think it was) said the other day that they might be moddable.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Not the elevators themselves, I have no idea if they are even objects, or whether they are simply part of the apartment block shell mesh with spawn points at the top and bottom. I was referring to making an elevator out of a door, with the portal there and back relocated, and a new mesh. I don't know whether I will be able to do it, but I am exploring the possibility. The guru thinks it should be accessible to modders.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    This makes me have some hope...
    full
  • Options
    This makes me have some hope..

Yep. If they're available for penthouse lots, they might be moddable for other lots.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    This makes me have some hope..

Yep. If they're available for penthouse lots, they might be moddable for other lots.

Or available in debug.
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    This makes me have some hope...
    full

Oh that's good news , thanks for posting.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    This makes me think though,if they are only available for one kind of lot, did they actually animate it? Because why limit it otherwise?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    MS4MS4 Posts: 89 Member
    Hey how about the pipes and the electrical board/box...will they be available for houses?
    And will they be a must in a house with the Needs TLC trait?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2016
    Marnetti wrote: »
    This makes me think though,if they are only available for one kind of lot, did they actually animate it? Because why limit it otherwise?

I read somewhere that the elevators are not animated, and that they wanted to focus on the apartments. Supposedly the info came from Drake, but I haven't seen the quote.
    Nevermind. I quoted someone who's first language apparently is not English. :s The Guru was referring to the livestream being focused on apartments. THIS is what was actually said:
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    BossBoss Posts: 1 New Member
    In sims build modes search bar type in apartment elevators then apartment items are found in bulk including trash shoots and post boxes