Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The one absolute frustarting thing

Leave the game alone for a few minutes, everything is broken sim died DJing causing a fire.

-_- There has to be a mechanic set where if you dont touch the game and let it run on its own it starts trying to kill your sims.
IRJsECv.png

Comments

• Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    So basically you want to play the game by not playing it?

The whole point is that Sims are dumb and need to be controlled. That's the core gameplay mechanic of the series.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

The whole point is that Sims are dumb and need to be controlled. That's the core gameplay mechanic of the series.

Actually I am currently playing Destiny on my TV that's next to my desk. So I tend to let it idle for a little bit
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Well, there's your problem.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Skills, it's all about them having enough skill, especially cooking, not to kill themselves. Old age is unavoidable and, emotional deaths, well you do have to watch out for those.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member

I do believe "Smarter Sims" was and still is a core marketing theme ;)
    Totally agree with you though, they're dumb lol Just ironic.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    What this stuff never happens to me?! My sims are so boring and well behaved.

That
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    Skills, it's all about them having enough skill, especially cooking, not to kill themselves. Old age is unavoidable and, emotional deaths, well you do have to watch out for those.

Actually the DJ booths need surge protectors and heatsinks otherwise it sets them on fire randomly. HOW? I do not know since realistically that should never happen
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    edited September 2016
    Fiever7 wrote: »

Actually the DJ booths need surge protectors and heatsinks otherwise it sets them on fire randomly. HOW? I do not know since realistically that should never happen

The Sims is a computer game where ghosts run around everywhere and you can't step over a plate so you just pee yourself. But I do think that it has "some" realism. I mean, it is a machine just like a computer. If you turture an old laptop, for example with TS3 it could fry. Same can be said for a DJ booth: you play songs way too cool for a lame booth and they set on fire :)
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    edited September 2016
    Double post sorry.
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member

But Mama Rachel said they were "smarter" LOOL. 13.gif
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited September 2016
    Lady Sugar wrote: »

Yeah, they told us the Sims in Sims3 were smarter, too. Don't you believe it. By the way your little GIF in your siggie is borderline.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited September 2016

Yeah, they told us the Sims in Sims3 were smarter, too. Don't you believe it. By the way your little GIF in your siggie is borderline.

Rude.
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member

lmao gross
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member

This! So much. I'm sorry I have no answer for the original poster but I'd love to know how their game differs from my settings! I accidentally left my game run for nearly 18 hours while working, sleeping etc and came back to find everyone fine, the house perfect and just a bit of aging up. Other than the elder who died of old age. It actually bummed me out a bit that I didn't even have to play.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

This! So much. I'm sorry I have no answer for the original poster but I'd love to know how their game differs from my settings! I accidentally left my game run for nearly 18 hours while working, sleeping etc and came back to find everyone fine, the house perfect and just a bit of aging up. Other than the elder who died of old age. It actually bummed me out a bit that I didn't even have to play.

This is my experience. But I've found the game to be like this since the sims 3. Sims just take care of themselves more.
  • Options
    EgomouseEgomouse Posts: 69 Member
    I've created a household of streamers and let them do whatever they want in a mansion I built in Sims 3 (this was uploaded as "ICT" in Sims 3 Exchange). They never died or started a fire. I watched them but didn't interfere. I'm actually happy this is the case because I tend to always pause or let the Sims do something before I go away to do something else; I don't want my Sims to die on me.
    If Sims 4 is harder to die, that makes me more happy.
    If I don't need to worry about death, then I worry about how inefficient my Sims are at doing productive things (which is real life lol. Going on the Sims forums instead of studying or doing homework, wee lol).

Just leave your game with your Sims task queue filled up. The more safer the task, the less likely you'll need to worry.
    Such as reading a book or painting. Very safe.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited September 2016
    Fiever7 wrote: »

Actually I am currently playing Destiny on my TV that's next to my desk. So I tend to let it idle for a little bit

Here's a tip: pause your game. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member

Same here! I've only had two die on me and both were my fault lol. I didn't mean for them to die. One was humilation from a proposal and the other I had stomp on a pumpkin while it was still on. I had no clue at the time that either would kill them. The others were from old age. :-)
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well, to the people who said they wanted more danger and surprise in the game. Whoomp there it is!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member

UGH. IKR. I got bored once and decided to let the game run by itself while I cooked lunch.

When I came back, 1 sim had suddenly maxed out mixology and the other was watering plants....................
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • Options
    This has happened to me on more occasions than I'd like to admit. It seems like every time I get a little sidetracked, I come back and one or more of my sims has died.
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    I let my game run by itself for an extended period time a few times, and I was surprised that more often than not, my sims started fires and sometimes got killed by them. Especially since in normal gameplay I can't get an accidental fire started to save my life.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    Sounds fun, I'll most definitely let my game run by itself while I'll be sleeping this night. Let's see what happens...
    (I guess everyone and everything will be fine tomorrow, bc...you know...it's TS4.)
    QNWOqEZ.jpg