Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still buying City Living?

MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
With the recent news that apartments and elevators are not buildable from scratch and only available in San Myshuno I was really disappointed. I was so excited for building cool apartment blocks for richer Sims or maybe grungy industrial areas. But then I realised there are still so many other features in the pack like festivals and basketball (and of course new beds). So I want to know who is still buying the pack despite the recent news.

Comments

• Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Wait wait wait...elevators are exclusive to San Myshuno only?
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    That's what it looks like, the elevators are attached to the apartment shells which are only available in San Myshuno
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

We haven't been told yet if the elevators will be available to use in other buildings via build/buy. The ones in the apartment buildings are not movable.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Absolutely, I am! The Sims 4 is the best game on the market and I plan on purchasing every single expansion pack, game pack and stuff pack released.
  • Options
    Well I'm guessing since apartments are only available in SM I don't expect them to be in build mode for other uses especially since elevators are usually found in apartments or skyscrapers
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm buying it! I weren't really heartbroken about not being able to build apartments in the first place though, and loadingscreens I don't care about. Imo this pack sounds so awesome, and something I've never seen before. I'm really, really excited.
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member

We haven't been told yet if the elevators will be available to use in other buildings via build/buy. The ones in the apartment buildings are not movable.

Oh okay, was about to say. I can deal with how apartments work now, but not bein able to use elevators would be a deal breaker for me. Thanks ffor responding.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I think the elevator is just part of the shell mesh and coincides with the spot your sim will spawn at like how they do outside their doors now on normal lots.
    Someone else said this on another thread.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    But not all the buildings in San Myshuno are shell apartment buildings. There was one that looked like a street art gallery/museum and another that looked like a gym. These regular buildings may have elevators in them too. If they do, that means they are usable on regular lots.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    But not all the buildings in San Myshuno are shell apartment buildings. There was one that looked like a street art gallery/museum and another that looked like a gym. These regular buildings may have elevators in them too. If they do, that means they are usable on regular lots.

Let' hope so but I doubt you would need an elevator in any of those venue types
    Post edited by MrMonty96 on
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Overall CL looks like an awesome ep - as expected with TS4 - and it will be a welcome addition to my game for sure. I've already preordered. Naturally.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2016
    I still am planning on buying this. I'm disappointed about the apartments, yes, but the festivals, foods, careers, and interactions was what really drew me in at the announcement, and those still appear to be in good shape.
    I am low on video game cash, however, so waiting until Black Friday.
    Post edited by EmeraldEclipse1 on
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I am bying this, I know some are disappointed, but this EP seems really good :D
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I was planning to wait for a sale and I'm still planning to wait for a sale. The city theme in general wasn't really something I looked forward to, but there seem to be things that will add to my gameplay (yeah, I'm excited about the apartment traits :smiley: ). Still hopeful about the elevators because it hasn't been confirmed how they work.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I wasn't sure when they first announced the theme as I'm not really big into the Big City type theme. Now, however, I'm excited about many of the features in the pack and I do plan to buy it.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I'm more on the buy side than the don't.
  • Options
    NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    I'll have to wait for more info on the EP to decide whether I'll get it on sale or not at all, but I'm not buying it for the full price.

The lot traits do sound very cool, San Myshuno looks beautiful, then we also have the festivals, and there's most likely still a lot more of information waiting for us... but I really, really wanted to build my own apartments and put them into the other worlds.
    I'm very disappointed that we can't.
    If I'm interested enough in the other features of CL I'll buy it on sale.
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I already pre ordered and still no regrets. Can't wait!
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    There's hardly been any info on this EP yet people seem to be speculating about what is and isn't going to happen be in this EP yet.

Stop making pointless threads about stuff that we don't even know is going in or not into this EP.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I will. I've already preordered and I don't feel like cancelling my preorder. I'm not overly upset that we can't build our own apartments. What I am upset about is the absence of real roommates and loading screens between apartments in the same building.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    I'm undecided. I have to wait and see what festivals entail. As of right now? Definitely not buying at full price.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I plan on getting it yes.

Apartments aren't the big draw for me. I loved the look of Bridgeport in Sims3. I want an urban look, so that is a plus for me.

I am far more interested in the cultural aspect to be honest ... the different festivals, the new foods, the new cultural items added for sims for CAS.

I am still curious to the new textures on old objects ( like the couch that has a new look to it ) so I am curious if old meshes got an upgrade or if we are seeing some form of limited CAST. I don't know.
  • Options
    shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    I am definitely going to buy it because I want to see the festivals and I am curious about the lot traits and the politics career. I am fine with the fact that apartments will only be in the city, because that seems realistic to me. I wish we could build our own apartments, but I can live with not being able to.

I can't wait for my city to become a dystopian nightmare. I'm gonna make all of my apartments filthy and prone to earthquakes. lol.