Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I still laugh at some of the animations in this game.

Why would someone give a pregnant sim a pat on the back when they announce they're pregnant? It's just like "oh all that woohooing finally did its job? nice work!" :D And the woohoo animation haha, what's with the fist pump before they go to the bed? I kinda miss when they'd make out then head to the bed in sims 3. And eating is the funniest looking thing, like they're smiling the whole time and get chipmunk cheeks while chewing.
mj4do4.gif

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,711 Member
    Yah the fist pump thing is kinda lame, it's cringy. Thank goodness my sims don't woohoo so I don't have to put up with that. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    It would be nice if the lead up animations before woohooing were different based on your sims trait. Two bro sims could highfive or fist pump, romantic sims would kiss tenderly, goofball sims might giggle nervously etc.
  • Options
    EisbergsEnteEisbergsEnte Posts: 146 Member
    Why would someone give a pregnant sim a pat on the back when they announce they're pregnant? It's just like "oh all that woohooing finally did its job? nice work!" :D

lol...I can't stop laughing. *wonders what the woman's reactions would be like in real life* :D
    And eating is the funniest looking thing, like they [...] get chipmunk cheeks while chewing.

lol, yeah, the "chipmunk cheek animation" is awesome!
    I mean...look at this. :D
    JnO5Gu1.jpg
    QNWOqEZ.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yah the fist pump thing is kinda lame, it's cringy. Thank goodness my sims don't woohoo so I don't have to put up with that. XD

@DeKay which bits have I mentally bolded? ;):D
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Yeah, a lot of the animations are quite goofy. I can't stand some of them. :s
    I actually use a lot of mods to change their goofy smiles and how they celebrate the act of WooHooing. :p
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    Why would someone give a pregnant sim a pat on the back when they announce they're pregnant? It's just like "oh all that woohooing finally did its job? nice work!" :D

lol...I can't stop laughing. *wonders what the woman's reactions would be like in real life* :D
    And eating is the funniest looking thing, like they [...] get chipmunk cheeks while chewing.

lol, yeah, the "chipmunk cheek animation" is awesome!
    I mean...look at this. :D
    JnO5Gu1.jpg

She is starring into our souls O_o
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    The dancing that came with Get Together is the funniest to me :lol:
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    The majority of animations in this game is not fun, actually they are pretty silly.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Fortunately for the woohoo cheer, Shimrod101 makes a mod that replaces those animations.

The problem with it is is it's not a human reaction which pulls me right out of any idea of it being a life simulator. It just is not how people react when they're about to do that -- at least not to each other. It's one instance where consulting a behavioral psychologist may have done them a bit of good rather than the apparent "winging it," that they ended up doing.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    The fist pumping before woohoo makes me laugh because it's so out of place to me. It's like two bros going yo bro let's woohoo, yes bro dude.. LOL.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Hmmm maybe best not to mention this, but perhaps that fist pump cheer is actually someones best ever woohoo technique and it works for them every time in real life...which maybe why it was included :D
  • Options
    CarryOnMyWaywardSonsCarryOnMyWaywardSons Posts: 393 Member
    edited September 2016
    @DeKay Cringier than the Arthur fist meme.

@EisbergsEnte Lol I love that pic so much.

@Felicity Is there a mod like that for walk styles? I'm not really fond of the stomping around when a sim is mad or finding a rando doing the goofy walk. And yeah, I think TS4 has gotten a little silly and unrealistic with the woohoo animations. It's either fist pump or acting like an overexcited two year old.

@Shadowica You basically described this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/03/2d/e0/032de02519f8e92f37d09d3d3f57b72d.jpg in a nutshell. I had to take a minute and recover from my cackling :D:D

@Bloosmoo I don't want to know which dev that technique works for. :D
    mj4do4.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2016

Felicity Is there a mod like that for walk styles? I'm not really fond of the stomping around when a sim is mad or finding a rando doing the goofy walk. And yeah, I think TS4 has gotten a little silly and unrealistic with the woohoo animations. It's either fist pump or acting like an overexcited two year old.

Yes, also by Shimrod101 over at modthesims. http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=0&u=3066089&f=414

Edit: Some direct links:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=539218
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=576378
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534038

I like this one as well. I miss the cuddles though it takes away the finishing animation.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=577758

Edit again, ugh, apparently, the one which disabled a lot of the walk styles is obsolete. Urgh, sorry!

OR perhaps they're still okay. I think it has been updated since declared obsolete so they're probably fine.

Last edit: Shimrod's IS discontinued but Simstopic picked it up. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569456
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @SimGuruTrev could these animations be re-done possibly In the future?
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    Hmmm maybe best not to mention this, but perhaps that fist pump cheer is actually someones best ever woohoo technique and it works for them every time in real life...which maybe why it was included :D

:joy: *awkward*
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,711 Member

[...]

I love the Arthur fist meme. It's the best and totally not cringy. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif