Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Superstar the next EP for Sims 3?

Comments

• Options
    SebastianeSebastiane Posts: 160 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I liked Superstar. I thought the skydiving thing was cool, and well I dunno I just think It'd be cool but I'd much rather have University or Magic (I hate that Magic is usually the closer :() Anyways It'd be cool but hey let's wait for WA to come out first :P.
  • Options
    GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Sebastiane wrote:
    I liked Superstar. I thought the skydiving thing was cool, and well I dunno I just think It'd be cool but I'd much rather have University or Magic (I hate that Magic is usually the closer :() Anyways It'd be cool but hey let's wait for WA to come out first :P.

hehe yeah. Lol I was thinking about Preps and such, and my mind drifted towards University, and I began daydreaming about what it could be like in Sims 3. xDDD corny, I know, but it'd be fun to have sort of different personalty "styles" in sims 3.

Like preppy:
    214380_f260.jpg

davenport%2Bfrom%2Bpreppy%2Bjournal.jpg

Punk:
    punk-spikes1.jpg

Jock:
    RBP9029731_P.JPG

Nerd:
    nerd.jpg

Cheerleader:
    Hayden-Panettiere-Cheerleader.jpg (hehe gotta love heroes)

And there are many more. See here:

-preps
    -goths
    -geeks
    -band geeks
    -book worms
    -math geeks
    -nerds
    -punks
    -skaters
    -drama people
    -choir people
    -"special" people
    -non-conformists
    -gangster-type people
    -tomboys
    -jocks
    -grade repeaters
    -cheerleaders
    -wannabes
    and more! :D

Also, it'd be fun to have different "level" colleges, some being really nice and having TONS of stuff to do, others being cheaper and smaller. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ok, I'm normally not a fan of bumping (since it is "nature's course" to let threads die out in due time), but I feel it is necessary this time so as to show more people this article and hear more people's opinions on Superstar being next. :D Thanks everyone!

~GWS
  • Options
    thesimdeej33thesimdeej33 Posts: 986 Member
    edited November 2009
    well I hope it is! I loved Superstar in Sims 1 ...... I hope put they put in more celebrities of real life people, like what they did with Marilyn Monroe, Drew Carey, etc.

They should should put more "up with the times" type of celebrity like Paris Hilton, Beyonce, Fall Out Boy, etc

One of my favourite things of Superstar, was going up in celebrity ranks according to if you wanted to go into music or the movies, by earning Stars. they should do some thing similar. The objects was cool too!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    well I hope it is! I loved Superstar in Sims 1 ...... I hope put they put in more celebrities of real life people, like what they did with Marilyn Monroe, Drew Carey, etc.

They should should put more "up with the times" type of celebrity like Paris Hilton, Beyonce, Fall Out Boy, etc

One of my favourite things of Superstar, was going up in celebrity ranks according to if you wanted to go into music or the movies, by earning Stars. they should do some thing similar. The objects was cool too!

yeah :D I like how they had different things to do for each career area, whether you were an actor, singer, or model. Lol I remember I would spend FOREVER working on their creativity and body so they would be good right away, then as they worked in Studio Town I would improve their charisma.
  • Options
    KatlinemasKatlinemas Posts: 835 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I love superstar! I remember I spent AGES creating sets! (It's where my passion for building in the Sims really started!) I was always disappointed that my Sims couldn't react in the sets though... which would have been so cool! I built a full hospital!

Imagine the 'Star' career though?

Acting: (If they did it career style)
    You would start as an extra... a really small part extra... and go up to a bigger part extra. From there you would play a minimal secondary character in a dodgy late-night plotless sitcom... and then to secondary character in a soap... then to star... then to ... Well I don't really know! But that would be cool!

As for Music? Well it's easy, just expand on the music career so far! Like by creating a new branch, so into 'pop' music.

Maybe you could have child stars... gosh! This is so exciting!

Oh and GreatWallStr, this is a thread that deserves to be bumped!
  • Options
    Bubby189Bubby189 Posts: 1,999 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Wow! I feel like I missed out. :cry: I didn't have all of Sims 1 and I didn't get that one.I hope we get it for Sims 3. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Bubby189 wrote:
    Wow! I feel like I missed out. :cry: I didn't have all of Sims 1 and I didn't get that one.I hope we get it for Sims 3. :D

Well, this is studio town:

It's a great place, but it only has 9 lots-- 3 for acting, 3 for fashion, and 3 for music. :D
    Although it is a small place, it WAS only sims 1. :D Sims 3 could make it quite the bustling city! With spotlights, light-up billboards, the works! :D

btw, did anyone notice the Llama statues at the entrance of Studio Town?

I think they are a sim-i-fied verson of these: http://k53.pbase.com/g6/58/56358/2/75931280.uzICcrGI.jpg

:D
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited November 2009
    GommeInc wrote:
    All I remember from Superstar were obsessed fans and confetti which could be made into a potion in Makin' Magic. Oh! And the Butler :)

It would be pretty cool if they revived it, some of the base things are already there, like autograph signing and easy crowd gathering :)

hehe yeah... the obsessed fan was fun...

LOL, sims 1, sometimes I think I should get my copies back from my sister and play it again for old times sake.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    All I remember from Superstar were obsessed fans and confetti which could be made into a potion in Makin' Magic. Oh! And the Butler :)

It would be pretty cool if they revived it, some of the base things are already there, like autograph signing and easy crowd gathering :)

hehe yeah... the obsessed fan was fun...

LOL, sims 1, sometimes I think I should get my copies back from my sister and play it again for old times sake.

haha yeah. Remember this?

:( I tried reinstalling Sims Superstar to my comp, but apparently my graphics card doesn't like it. Whenever I try to play it, it splits the screen into 4 mini-screens, yet only 2 of them actually show the game. The frustrating part is that, cursor-wise, it thinks that the screens are normal. So if I click on a house in one of the mini screens, it wont do anything (or it might click on something else). :P Confusing, no?

So, now I can't play SS on my computer :cry:
  • Options
    GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited November 2009
    The Sims 3 Superstar???!!!!
    Great!I like this idea,I always wanted it for my Sims1 game but I never bought it.

I hope EA make some rabbit holes visible as they did with WA, such as the spa and the theatre.

Here is a logo made by me:

rwj3w8.jpg

I didn't change the name because we don't have info about the name of this possible expansion
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2009
    I know it is a little early for this sort of speculation ( I mean World Adventures is not out yet!) but personally I would love it if the rumour is true! I never played Superstar from Sims 1 but I like the concept of having sim celebrities in the game and all the glitter and glamour! A sims 3 Hollywood ep actually :D Of course, I wouldn't be too hasty to believe any rumour at this point! We will just have to wait and see! *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The Sims 3 Superstar???!!!!
    Great!I like this idea,I always wanted it for my Sims1 game but I never bought it.

I hope EA make some rabbit holes visible as they did with WA, such as the spa and the theatre.

Here is a logo made by me:

rwj3w8.jpg

I didn't change the name because we don't have info about the name of this possible expansion
    nice job on the logo! :D yeah, the spa and theaters would be great as open places.
  • Options
    gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I miss the spas. I loved having a spa in my rich sim's houses, and then when ever they wanted a massage, all they had to do was get on the phone and call a masseuse to come to their house.
  • Options
    kittana514kittana514 Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited November 2009
    How about Sims 3: Starstruck :)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    gobot1236 wrote:
    I miss the spas. I loved having a spa in my rich sim's houses, and then when ever they wanted a massage, all they had to do was get on the phone and call a masseuse to come to their house.

haha that WAS nice. :D I remember I would always have my sim get a massage after each day of work. It really helped keep her mood up. :)
  • Options
    Tilton372Tilton372 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited November 2009
    :cry: Awww, after WA I was hoping I would finally get an EP I liked. Superstar doesn't really sound like it appeals to the way I play the Sims. But to be honest, I've never played Superstar on Sims 1 before so I don't really know for sure. I will definitely have to wait for more info before making a final decision. There's still hope. :wink:
  • Options
    kellymonaghangalkellymonaghangal Posts: 303 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Oh god this makes me so excited I could burst! I LOVED Superstar it was my favourite EP ever. And I'm especially looking forward to (If it ever does come out I don't want to get my hopes up :( ) More hair and clothes because lets face it can't have celebrities running around in rags and rollers :D Also it would be cool to have them feature reals celebs like they did in Superstar. Maybe they could take a look a some of the fantastic Celeb Sims created by people here on the site. I personally can't sit still long enough to make a good one but I have seen some really class ones from other simmers :D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Have you guys thought about what other careers could be in this Superstar EP? I mean, you have modeling, acting, and singing, but there are even more, obviously:

Let's just look at each of those 3 categories, and see what else we can find:

FASHION:
    Fashion Designer:
    winter-cloth-fashion_~u16456121.jpg
    Take the world by storm with your designs. Create new fashions, and see sims everywhere dressing in them! Basically when creating a "fashion", you are creating a custom outfit that will be worn by (based on career level) a percentage of neighborhood sims. :D

Model:
    _www.palgraphicsarea.com.jpg
    Advertise the latest products, pose for the magazines, and always look your best! When advertising, your "ads" will appear on billboards, magazines, etc (opportunities depend on job level). extra perk: Learn new poses with each level. :D

Photographer:
    bridge-industry-photographer_~u13904671.jpg
    Another branch of WA's photography skill, this photography includes advertisements, tabloids, the works! See your creations appear in ads across Hollywood. If you catch the latest scandal, your photos might be featured on tv!

FILMOGRAPHY:
    Director:
    director%27s%20chair%20clipart.gif
    Work your way up, starting with being a gofer, and working with donuts and coffee, to being a top-of-the-line director!

Actor:
    theater-comedy-tragedy.jpg
    Start out being an extra, and work your way to supporting roles, and before you know it you could be the next sensation! extra perk: new socialization options.

MUSIC
    :
    Musician (instrumental):
    istockphoto_5978142-guitarist.jpg
    From playing guitar in the park to rocking out on stage, practice your skills to become a big sensation! Hear your songs on the radio, and see your concerts on tv! Extra Perk: New selection of instrumental songs.

Singer:
    RAK100489.jpg
    Use your "golden pipes" to get big in hollywood, and remember to rest your voice before each concert! Extra perk: New selection of vocal songs.

Stage Manager:
    stagemanager_27531t.jpg
    Keep the shows running smoothly, and watch the cash roll in. Work hard and make sure to double check your inputs, and you're sure to be successful.

How do those sound so far?
  • Options
    NyappyMuffinNyappyMuffin Posts: 363 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I really hope they do bring Superstar back! It was my second favorite EP for The Sims, my first favorite being Makin' Magic :D

But I also really, really hope that if they /do/ bring it back, we can see our sims posing for photos, or singing on a stage, or practicing for a movie or whatever like we could in the origional Sims. I reaaalllyyyy hope they don't jsut throw in a bunch of new rabbit holes :cry:
  • Options
    kittana514kittana514 Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited November 2009
    Those all sound like great ideas. I can see so many opportunities and new objects :)
  • Options
    AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2009
    Great ideas GreatWallStr!! Love 'em all! :D
  • Options
    NyappyMuffinNyappyMuffin Posts: 363 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I don't know if this has been suggested already, but there should also be a band feature maybe~

Instead of just a solo guitarist or singer, you could chose some other sims (5 maxium, singer guitarist, bassist, drmmer, other? like extra guitarist, or another singer, or a keyboardist or something) and they'd all work together, and do concerts together and if one of the band members scheduled for an autograph session, you would get a notification about it and you could head to the theater or wherever and hand out autographs too?

I dunno, I justthink it would be fun to have some bands rather than everyone doing a solo act :D
    Of course, we'd still have the option of going solo.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I really hope they do bring Superstar back! It was my second favorite EP for The Sims, my first favorite being Makin' Magic :D

But I also really, really hope that if they /do/ bring it back, we can see our sims posing for photos, or singing on a stage, or practicing for a movie or whatever like we could in the origional Sims. I reaaalllyyyy hope they don't jsut throw in a bunch of new rabbit holes :cry:

I hope they don't use Rabbitholes. My guess is they will do what they did for Sims 1-- create a separate neighborhood for these activities (just as Sims 1 had studio town). :D It SHOULD mostly be open, if anything. I'm also hoping we get new spa stuff, so we can make our own spa in Sunset Valley and Riverview. ^_^
    Wouldn't it also be fun if you could STAY in hollywood for awhile? I mean, it could work similar to WA-- you stay there for a couple days while you work. :D You could stay in a trailer or something, then at higher Fame you get your name placed on the Walk of Fame, and get to purchase your own home. :D Like REAL superstars, who own homes in Beverly hills.
    Alrynn wrote:
    Great ideas GreatWallStr!! Love 'em all! :D
    Awww thanks. ^_^ It's fun brainstorming ideas. :D
    kittana514 wrote:
    Those all sound like great ideas. I can see so many opportunities and new objects
    :D Yeah, there is lots of potential in this.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I don't know if this has been suggested already, but there should also be a band feature maybe~

Instead of just a solo guitarist or singer, you could chose some other sims (5 maxium, singer guitarist, bassist, drmmer, other? like extra guitarist, or another singer, or a keyboardist or something) and they'd all work together, and do concerts together and if one of the band members scheduled for an autograph session, you would get a notification about it and you could head to the theater or wherever and hand out autographs too?

I dunno, I justthink it would be fun to have some bands rather than everyone doing a solo act :D
    Of course, we'd still have the option of going solo.

good idea. :D Similar to Apartment life, right? Or was it University that gave the option for bands? xD I don't remember now.