The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really SimsVip?

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    PandaORose wrote: »
    Welp, Curtis didn't blur out op's username in his latest video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQyBEFUxY6c

now what?

Exactly my point.
    Your posts can be shared anywhere in cy..,bb..eerr world.

Now is the OP going to make another forum post about Curtis posting their user name on a YouTube video ?

Was the shade deliberate? :joy:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    You know, I could have sworn that bad apple comment was specifically in reference to people accusing EA employees of leaking this information about City Living and in particular in accusing @SimguruDrake of being the leaker because she just happen to be on 'vacation'.

I honest to goodness do not know how this was ever taken out of context and it blows my mind as I read through thread after thread of the same accusations that have nothing at all to do with being accused of breaking an NDA. NDAs are serious business people, its why you dont get information before they are ready to give it to you and accusing someone of breaking one, especially when they arent around to defend themselves is deplorable and those people absolutely need to know that that is not cool, so not cool.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that rather than "an internal employee leaked" the information, the Influencers were given preview information in order to perhaps gain feedback or just give them advanced notice for reviews or something, and then one or more of those Influencers broke their NDA instead of waiting for whatever the date was supposed to be that the embargo would be lifted and they could share their press releases or whatever with their audiences.

But that's just my guess, based on the situation.

Highly doubt it. AFAIK, SimsVIP has been in attendance to other events which had information protected by the NDA they've signed, and strict embargoes before they could report to the fans on said info. Why, after so many years, would they break that agreement now?

Could've been someone else that leaked it first and they then went with it, just like they said they weren't the first to post about the Drake/NZ discussion. Or it could've been any number of other reasons.

-They have shown they want clicks/views above anything else. I doubt taking advantage of the 'information drought' recently would be below them.

-The leaks happened when Drake was on holiday. Just as this post happened while she's away for the weekend.

-Previous 'issues' such as SimsVIP getting punished for stealing Sims 3 points apparently sometime earlier could've built up animosity that reached a point of release when they were ready to give up their insider accesss anyway. Or animosity in general. I get the feeling SimsVIP doesn't have the best temper control, given comments in the article calling NZ a 'kid' that doesn't matter and 'having issues with Drake for awhile already'.

Take your pick.

AFAIK though, YouTubers and the like don't really get sent any information. They have to attend the closed-door gatherings to learn and provide feedback on information.

I mean, it's possible, depending on SimsVIP's integrity. I don't know them well admittedly, but if they're as money hungry as some claim, I can't see why they would bite the hand that feeds them.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2016
    Welp, Curtis didn't blur out op's username in his latest video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQyBEFUxY6c

now what?

Exactly my point.

Now is the OP going to make another forum post about Curtis posting their user name on a YouTube video ?

The issue is that the OP reached out to SimsViP and was ignored. They then asked Drake to advocate for them. This post originated AFTER SimsViP's publication of the censorship article and people began asking who the "unnamed" simmer was, and tagging NZ. NZ created this thread to explain those questions. This thread came last... not first.

I don't think Curtis would ignore such a request, but who knows. I didn't think SimsViP would either.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »

now what?

Exactly my point.

Very.

tumblr_inline_oaq39vVOQU1ruxmkk_540.png
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    Remember the clapping Lyndsey did for Get Together? That was the signature for over 100 people on the forums immediately after.

Her face was on a plum ton of signatures clapping away and that was her face, not just her internet username. Once you put something out into the internet unfortunately there's no way to pull it back.

One bad apple does spoil it for everyone else. However the gurus don't need to say 'bad apple' they could have used different terms to explain.

I love the SimGurus but I feel like they have been fighting back on the forums. I get that there's a lot of hate but we are the people who purchase the product you are making. I have seen several posts (not shown on SimsVIP) where Gurus seem snippy and rude however I can understand that because of bad feed back and hateful comments, they probably feel defensive.

Just to defend @SimsVIP_Admin, they have never used 'Click Bait' as far as I'm concerned to those who have implied it. In the YEARS that I've been going to them for up to date information I have never felt like I clicked on something that was not what it was advertised to be.
  • Options

now what?

Exactly my point.

Very.

tumblr_inline_oaq39vVOQU1ruxmkk_540.png

tumblr_nehywwHCv71tjvmeio1_500.gif

giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited September 2016
    The issue is that the OP reached out to SimsViP and was ignored. They then asked Drake to advocate for them. This post originated AFTER SimsViP's publication of the censorship article and people began asking who the "unnamed" simmer was, and tagging NZ. NZ created this thread to explain those questions. This thread came last... not first.

I don't think Curtis would ignore such a request, but who knows. I didn't think SimsViP would either.

Seriously? This thread came after SimsVIP's post? Instead of letting speculation run its course, OP decided to put her face out there letting everyone know she called SGDrake for backup and that she's the one who wanted her username redacted? And now, not only do people know her username, they know she's female and some idea of her occupation? I didn't even glean that much information from SimsVIP's post.

I'm sorry, but OP played the internet and lost. SGDrake and EA are not responsible for somebody else uses OP's posts, and this is stated in Section XI of the privacy policy. I don't know why people seem to be unaware of this.

And on a somewhat related note, next time anyone wants to complain about some other site using their comments, think about all those memes that you've been posting featuring the images of people who probably wish that they weren't being shared again and again on the internet.

Last post ever. I'm done.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    A change gon' come.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    A change gon' come.

I doubt that Maxis is going to change anything over the fact that some people got their feelings hurt because some thread was deleted.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    A change gon' come.

I doubt that Maxis is going to change anything over the fact that some people got their feelings hurt because some thread was deleted.

It goes way deeper than that,
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    A change gon' come.

No, it doesn't.
  • Options
    A change gon' come.

No, it doesn't.

Explain to me why it does not then?
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member

Seriously? This thread came after SimsVIP's post? Instead of letting speculation run its course, OP decided to put her face out there letting everyone know she called SGDrake for backup and that she's the one who wanted her username redacted? And now, not only do people know her username, they know she's female and some idea of her occupation? I didn't even glean that much information from SimsVIP's post.

I'm sorry, but OP played the internet and lost. SGDrake and EA are not responsible for somebody else uses OP's posts, and this is stated in Section XI of the privacy policy. I don't know why people seem to be unaware of this.

And on a somewhat related note, next time anyone wants to complain about some other site using their comments, think about all those memes that you've been posting featuring the images of people who probably wish that they weren't being shared again and again on the internet.

This.

I've mentioned it before but people really need to stop forgetting about the Streisand Effect.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

It came after because people started asking the OP about this stuff. She was placed in an unnecessary situation, and after conferring with me about this stupidity, she allowed me to post her statement in an attempt to clear things up, and made this thread in order to ensure that the whole story is given, not just the fansite's part of the victim. She PM-ed Alexis, who at first asked the user about the article. The user then PM-ed her back about not wanting to be included, but she never got an answer. So then the smear post (yes, smear post, because that's what it deserves to be called.) was posted and the email, which mentioned the user being uncomfortable about being included, was posted for everyone to see. By then, people were already asking her and the cat was out of the bag, so the best thing to do was try to clear things up as she knew that she couldn't hide anymore.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    A change gon' come.

No, it doesn't.

You want me to prove a negative. Interesting.
  • Options
    @OEII1001 I'm not quiet catching on to your sense of thinking but if you believe it's just over a thread then LOL. A lot of what people are saying/thinking/arguing about lays deeper then just a "thread" judging by your profile your new here you haven't been here to see all the drama of which has happened and why this drama blew up into one big thing. Yes the fansite might be a part of the drama but there's a lot of holding grudges against certain people here of which also adds to the fire it is not just a "thread".
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    A change gon' come.

No, it doesn't.

You want me to prove a negative. Interesting.

Not really? Just because your logic does not fit for everyone else all of a sudden it's not right kk then.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    @OEII1001 I'm not quiet catching on to your sense of thinking but if you believe it's just over a thread then LOL. A lot of what people are saying/thinking/arguing about lays deeper then just a "thread" judging by your profile your new here you haven't been here to see all the drama of which has happened and why this drama blew up into one big thing. Yes the fansite might be a part of the drama but there's a lot of holding grudges against certain people here of which also adds to the fire it is not just a "thread".

Oh, I am indeed one of the little people on this forum, and I delight in that classification. And yes, I have no real interest in your petty rivalries and grudges. But you're all bleating at each other across the internet over posts being deleted. To assert otherwise would be disingenuous at the least, and I am sure that my lord is not disingenuous.

I'll return now to working the fields, sire. Thank you for reminding me of my station.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Oh, I am indeed one of the little people on this forum, and I delight in that classification. And yes, I have no real interest in your petty rivalries and grudges. But you're all bleating at each other across the internet over posts being deleted. To assert otherwise would be disingenuous at the least, and I am sure that my lord is not disingenuous.

I'll return now to working the fields, sire. Thank you for reminding me of my station.

Excuse me? I'm not gonna bother speaking to you for much longer but don't make up thing that's are not true claiming of my "rivalries" and "grudges" how do you know I was talking about me huh? I could be speaking about the forum on a whole so please don't make up things of which are not true, it's rarther rude and causes more drama.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I leave this site for a whole two seconds and it's gotten real shady up in here. Can't we all just like chill for a second instead of be jumping down each other's throats lol
  • Options
    I leave this site for a whole two seconds and it's gotten real shady up in here. Can't we all just like chill for a second instead of be jumping down each other's throats lol
    It's always like that, it's nothing new.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options

Excuse me? I'm not gonna bother speaking to you for much longer but don't make up thing that's are not true claiming of my "rivalries" and "grudges" how do you know I was talking about me huh? I could be speaking about the forum on a whole so please don't make up things of which are not true, it's rarther rude and causes more drama.

Did my lord not expound upon little dramas becoming big dramas? Does this not sound like grudges and rivalries, and are such things not petty? I am certain that I read such a thing just above, but being of the lowest caste I may have simply misinterpreted the pictograph.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top