The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMSVIP about the forum! VERY INTERESTING.

Comments

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    MaryJos wrote: »

That's a bum link. What site are you trying to direct users to?
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited September 2016
    it seems like the 🐸🐸🐸🐸' nest is censored

go to their site and type "alexurt" in the box to look for people's names
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The longer I think it over, the more I feel like I insulted my browser by checking out the SimsVIP page. :| I wish I could take my 'click/view' back. Wouldn't have had to go there if the OP had been more transparent.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    That blog is persona non grata here. They must be very amused to see Alexis and EA in this dispute, tbh.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Lady Sugar wrote: »
    I can't blame EA for any of this. The Sims community is toxic and full of entitled whiners. If people would treat EA with the respect they deserve, there wouldn't be any problems.

No, honey. Backwards. If EA would treat us with the respect WE DESERVE, there wouldn't be any problems. No for nothing EA was named the WORST COMPANY OF AMERICA, TWO YEARS CONSECUTIVE.

The Sims 4 was the best selling PC game of 2015. If people hated them so much and felt so disrespected by them, they wouldn't purchase their games.

EA has done nothing but give, give, give, and all the fans want to do is take, take, take. They have put in thousands upon thousands of man hours to make TS4 the great game it is and all people talk about is what isn't in the game. I would be in no rush to add all sorts of features if my audience acted like the toddlers they so desperately want in the game.

Well that is for PC only.. Let's ask the console players.. Oh wait.. There is none. I will note I am more of a PC player than console.. But my husband is more console.. And console players would not put up with Sims 4 (except Simmers) nor would they get new players. I have played Sims on console and it sucks (previous versions). Console players are a whole different group and you can not just throw anything mess at them.

As far as these fansites they circulate news and if they get information from somewhere/someone of course they are going to leak it, what news doesn't? And I am not a fan of SimVIP, so I am telling what I think. And if you do not think they are trying to hide the amount of negative opinions just look at these forums.. Threads closed, threads move to the lesser traffic zones, and mostly happy happy, rainbows and unicorns exist on the front..(weekends get a break)..

It never ceases to amaze me with this much vocal, written, and etc negativity everywhere about Sims 4, is why they do not listen to their customers.. All this negative is there for a reason and sensible person would realize that.

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited September 2016
    The longer I think it over, the more I feel like I insulted my browser by checking out the SimsVIP page. :| I wish I could take my 'click/view' back. Wouldn't have had to go there if the OP had been more transparent.

It's always a great idea to hear both sides out before reaching an opinion, even if that means generating a view on a blog.

IMHO, both sides (that being EA and SimsVIP) are at fault here. However, with that said, I strongly believe EA should be held accountable for their share in this mess, particularly what happened on Twitter. Nobody from EA should be policing fan sites in that manner. I just strongly feel it's unprofessional and a case of stepping over boundaries. And, with all due respect, these things keep happening on twitter -- let's not forget the time a developer told us there would be no TS5 if TS4 wasn't successful. The PR of this game has just been horrendous since before it was even launched. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

EDIT: As for SimsVIP, they have some credibility, but they really should have just taken that forum user's name off of the screenshot, and maybe just link the URL. I can totally understand why they're angry though, they perceived the email from SGDrake as grounds for removing the entire article. But to shoot at the forum user, calling them a kid, thats not very professional or ethical.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited September 2016
    gamekitten wrote: »
    I can't blame EA for any of this. The Sims community is toxic and full of entitled whiners. If people would treat EA with the respect they deserve, there wouldn't be any problems.

No, honey. Backwards. If EA would treat us with the respect WE DESERVE, there wouldn't be any problems. No for nothing EA was named the WORST COMPANY OF AMERICA, TWO YEARS CONSECUTIVE.

The Sims 4 was the best selling PC game of 2015. If people hated them so much and felt so disrespected by them, they wouldn't purchase their games.

EA has done nothing but give, give, give, and all the fans want to do is take, take, take. They have put in thousands upon thousands of man hours to make TS4 the great game it is and all people talk about is what isn't in the game. I would be in no rush to add all sorts of features if my audience acted like the toddlers they so desperately want in the game.

Well that is for PC only.. Let's ask the console players.. Oh wait.. There is none. I will note I am more of a PC player than console.. But my husband is more console.. And console players would not put up with Sims 4 (except Simmers) nor would they get new players. I have played Sims on console and it plum (previous versions). Console players are a whole different group and you can not just throw anything mess at them.

As far as these fansites they circulate news and if they get information from somewhere/someone of course they are going to leak it, what news doesn't? And I am not a fan of SimVIP, so I am telling what I think. And if you do not think they are trying to hide the amount of negative opinions just look at these forums.. Threads closed, threads move to the lesser traffic zones, and mostly happy happy, rainbows and unicorns exist on the front..(weekends get a break)..

It never ceases to amaze me with this much vocal, written, and etc negativity everywhere about Sims 4, is why they do not listen to their customers.. All this negative is there for a reason and sensible person would realize that.

They aren't speaking on behalf of the fans. This is a personal attack from some "kid" at SimsVIP that has a grudge against SGD for treating them the same way she'd treat any of us. And SGD was put in a no win situation because if she had ignored the forum poster's request and we all found out, it would destroy the trust she's been building in this community. Yet at the same time how was she supposed to know she'd have to go up against a brat with an EA-blessed platform to throw a tantrum on?

SimsVIP doesn't care about fandom censorship, this is just pettiness. Please, let's stop giving them any more attention and free clicks for their analytics stats. :-1:

I admire you as a poster on these forums. As far as the one shown in their article.. let's just say I felt the lashes from their posts more than once. As far as the forum user's name revealed and they wanted to take their name from the article, I admire them also. I feel sad they got caught up in this mess. And do think their user name should be blacked out.

But I can also see in this article some of the truth in their words. Ugly as it maybe, I can see it. I do 'not' even like this fansite. But when truth is truth and can be clearly seen.. well it is truth. It does not matter to me about if they are speaking on behalf of me. It matters they show clearly the disrespect of a company that I have paid money to as a customer and how far that company will go to try and put glitter on a stone and hide the ugliness that it really is (their product).
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member

So you think EA deserve... how you call it, a yes, respect. Very interesting.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2016
    Scobre wrote: »
    @Ceres_Meiriona Kit is a sweetheart and I have no issues with her. She was kind to me when I met her on Twitch. I do think SimsVIP as a site did not adhere to EA's privacy policy I gather so SimGuruDrake acted upon it because it was a legal matter. I don't think SimGuruDrake was wrong on this. After this incident, I think Maxis will have to stop dealing with a few of their influencers and might have to revamp how the program operates.

Just to clarify, I don't think Drake was wrong in any way. She was going out of her way to help NZ and was not disrespectful in her request via email. She went above and beyond to assist. My shock was in regard to SimsViP's unprofessional behavior. There are only two reviewers I watch when content comes out, and that is SimsViP and LGR.

Now I just have one.

Edit: Reading this was very eye opening. I just find this whole thing to be incredibly heartbreaking. If someone would have told me yesterday that SimsViP would post something like this, I'd have called them a liar. This just really makes me sad. :cry:
    Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016

Just to clarify, I don't think Drake was wrong in any way. She was going out of her way to help NZ and was not disrespectful in her request via email. She went above and beyond to assist. My shock was in regard to SimsViP's unprofessional behavior. There are only two reviewers I watch when content comes out, and that is SimsViP and LGR.

Now I just have one.
    Oh no worries and sigh even on MTS I'm having to point out SimsVIP's behavior and defend Drake and NZ. Yeah I thought she was helping NZ out too. Yeah at least there is LGR.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    Where is that popcorn meme when you need it...
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2016
    Where is that popcorn meme when you need it...
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_yes.gif[/img]
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    GrandJury wrote: »
    Funny. The people defending her have never been on the receiving of her censoring people or forcing people to steer a conversation in a certain way.

Let me tell you: It happens. If you are not talking about specific points that SHE wants you to talk about, your comment will be deleted and you will get flamed. It's ridiculous and it's not the first time it has happened. You can't "Edit" perceptions, Drake. You can't force people to only talk about sugar. You can't force people to talk about ONLY one or two things when many other branches are available. As long as people aren't being hateful, its a CONVERSATION.

She messed with the wrong one in regards to SimsVIP tho. I NEVER in a million years would think THEY would expose her. Ever.

I have never seen her flame anyone and if you are talking about the time that she said that the forums where toxic then I actually agreed with her as she was right and was honest about it.

In fact she seems honest about a lot of things and I guess some people don' like that but I would rather see some honesty around here rather than any molly cuddling.

Well she was so rude to someone, I jumped into the conversation because I was shocked by the comments. I don't expect perfection or lies and I am sure dealing with all types of personalities can be frustrating at times. Every time she speaks she is representing the EA and we are still customers. I think if she maintains respect for the community, people will reciprocate that same respect. As soon at you start making a community feel toxic, they will end up acting in a toxic manner. Let's face it. Has the forums gotten any better or worse since she has made that comment?? In my opinion, way worse. It goes back to that old saying...If you treat a person like a monster, they will act like one.

I went from being frustrated with Sims4 to losing respect for her. I went from enjoying communicating with SimGurus to avoiding commenting when I see a certain one posting. Not everyone has had the best experience with her. I am glad your experience was great.
  • Options
    kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    Guys we need drama in the game not here. :joy:
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Guys we need drama in the game not here. :joy:

And more depth.
  • Options
    AgathaUdimoAgathaUdimo Posts: 208 Member
    I hope Sims VIP enjoyed whatever insider access they had before. They won't be anymore, lol.

Interesting to note this gets posted on the weekend when the gurus, Drake especially, aren't around. :p

She did actually say she doesn't WANT that access anymore, in the article. She's refused her invitation to the next simmers insider 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing.
    I am not so silently judging you.
    ASD - I think differently to you.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

LMAOOOOO
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    While I have seen evidence of Alexis/SimsVIP doing some questionable acts over the past several years, this is not one of them. Everyone of us here is posting on a publicly accessible forum. And according to the EA privacy policy, none of us has the expectation of privacy or confidentiality here. It's not SimGuruDrake's or some other EA employee's jobs to police other people's websites. Couldn't SimsVIP redact the username and profile picture of the individual in the post? Sure, but it's not obligatory.

Are people really that shocked to find out that anything they post online could be used on other websites, regenerated and modified? SimGuruDrake should have sent the user the link to the privacy policy and told the user that she doesn't have any control over what other people do with publicly made comments. Now if SimsVIP had referenced that user and defamed or bullied them, I'd totally be on that user's side.

If Maxis chooses to drop SimsCommunity or SimsVIP or any other fansite from their influence program because they spoke out against SimGuruDrake, Maxis will be the one to suffer since it's the fansites that are doing all the marketing for TS4. Without the fansites, you can pretty much nail TS4 and possibly the rest of the franchise in the coffin now.

All of this just reaffirms to me that SimGuruDrake is not fit to be a community manager and that Maxis is dead to me. If Maxis actually created games that rocked, I could get past the horrible PR. I deal with Verizon's bad customer service and high plans 24/7, yet I won't give up Verizon for the world simply because Verizon's coverage blows everyone else's out the water.

For emphasis, before I call it a night.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Funny. The people defending her have never been on the receiving of her censoring people or forcing people to steer a conversation in a certain way.

Let me tell you: It happens. If you are not talking about specific points that SHE wants you to talk about, your comment will be deleted and you will get flamed. It's ridiculous and it's not the first time it has happened. You can't "Edit" perceptions, Drake. You can't force people to only talk about sugar. You can't force people to talk about ONLY one or two things when many other branches are available. As long as people aren't being hateful, its a CONVERSATION.

She messed with the wrong one in regards to SimsVIP tho. I NEVER in a million years would think THEY would expose her. Ever.

I have never seen her flame anyone and if you are talking about the time that she said that the forums where toxic then I actually agreed with her as she was right and was honest about it.

In fact she seems honest about a lot of things and I guess some people don' like that but I would rather see some honesty around here rather than any molly cuddling.

Well she was so rude to someone, I jumped into the conversation because I was shocked by the comments. I don't expect perfection or lies and I am sure dealing with all types of personalities can be frustrating at times. Every time she speaks she is representing the EA and we are still customers. I think if she maintains respect for the community, people will reciprocate that same respect. As soon at you start making a community feel toxic, they will end up acting in a toxic manner. Let's face it. Has the forums gotten any better or worse since she has made that comment?? In my opinion, way worse. It goes back to that old saying...If you treat a person like a monster, they will act like one.

I went from being frustrated with Sims4 to losing respect for her. I went from enjoying communicating with SimGurus to avoiding commenting when I see a certain one posting. Not everyone has had the best experience with her. I am glad your experience was great.

Nah I have seen 'worse' on the forums and that was before Drake even joined. Dispute what people think this place is not as bad as it used to be.

I know not everyone is going to agree with her but as you said, she represents EA and if you don't like the way EA are doing things it would be easy to disagree with her but I don't think that is a bad person by all means.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited September 2016

She *JUST* flamed me and deleted my comments on the 12th of September because I was not talking about Rachel's either A) Replacement or B) the changes that might be made. Instead, I was ALREADY engaging in a conversation on Why she left and why she was the one fired (being relatively new) compared to those who had already produced the game. Comments were deleted (from me and MULTIPLE users). I was accused of "Attacking" the producers and not steering the conversation positively.

Censorship at it's finest. Especially since we are ALL consumers who willingly give our money to development.

You're not the only one. They banned me multiple times and deleted a lot of my posts just because i mentioned one simguru... It was forbidden by that time, i assume.

I wonder why.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Prepare yourselves to be scolded on Monday guys, something along the lines of this:

"Guys I just came in to work after the weekend and I am soooo disappointed with the way the community here has responded and reacted..." And drop in a couple lines about a few bad apples and we've got the Drake disappointment template.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top