The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really SimsVip?

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited September 2016
    Felicity wrote: »
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that happened! :( Is it really so difficult for them to just black out someone's username? I mean seriously? Am I the only one doing this right now:

Wat-Meme-Black-Girl-02.jpg

Actually, it's kind of funny you used this meme along with that point. The girl in the picture absolutely hates it because it's unflattering, hates that it went viral, and wishes people would quit using it. It wasn't uploaded by her -- it was uploaded by a friend onto instagram.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but I'm pointing out the nature of the internet. Once something is put out there, you lose complete control. I personally don't use memes of this young woman, but I also know that telling other people they shouldn't is a lost cause.

Oh! I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to continue a trend this girl didn't want, I won't use the meme again but I won't remove it from my comment either - your point needs to be made.

*I searched up a bit about her, suing Instagram and if that is really her on Youtube, she doesn't seem to have much of a problem with it anymore.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Okay, this is the first time in my life as a Simmer that I've disliked, even hated, some of the fansites in this community. Tried to show another perspective on this thing, then BOOM nope, I'm wrong, because I shouldn't even care about this, have my timeline wrong, are being one of "EA's puppets" and have to go in circles and circles before I can actually get any point across. It's a good thing I'm doing this on a weekend. I would not be able to handle this during a full day of school.

Well your remark on how your twitter remark had me wondering what your true intentions were. I don't follow SimsVip but if I did, I would have PMed NZsimm3r to see if she knew what was going on but I wouldn't have made a tweet on the matter. I would have just left it between NZsimm3r and I while giveng her support privately.

@NZsimm3r asked me to post it. I PMed them many times on the subject, and they said that want me to post because at this point everybody knows. It was something we both agreed to, and I want to make sure that all the perspectives are given. Otherwise this just would've just turned into another "Let's Bash SimGuruDrake" circle and would've just destroyed the fragile relationship between the community and Maxis at this point.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Okay, this is the first time in my life as a Simmer that I've disliked, even hated, some of the fansites in this community. Tried to show another perspective on this thing, then BOOM nope, I'm wrong, because I shouldn't even care about this, have my timeline wrong, are being one of "EA's puppets" and have to go in circles and circles before I can actually get any point across. It's a good thing I'm doing this on a weekend. I would not be able to handle this during a full day of school.

You inserted yourself into this mess soooo many times. Let's see, you commented asking VIP for the screenshot, you messaged OP, then you spread the word over to Twitter. Yea, gonna have to deal with the backlash. Next time don't be so inquisitive.

So don't try to get the full story and actually try and figure out the perspectives on all side and just accept the little we know? Okay!

But seriously, the only good thing that's coming out of this for me is that investigative journalism is something that I'm looking at, since I was completely blank on what I want to do as a career.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I'm still pretty lost on everything and what exactly went wrong, I just feel bad for NZSimm3r :(
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member

You inserted yourself into this mess soooo many times. Let's see, you commented asking VIP for the screenshot, you messaged OP, then you spread the word over to Twitter. Yea, gonna have to deal with the backlash. Next time don't be so inquisitive.

So don't try to get the full story and actually try and figure out the perspectives on all side and just accept the little we know? Okay!

But seriously, the only good thing that's coming out of this for me is that investigative journalism is something that I'm looking at, since I was completely blank on what I want to do as a career.

I think you have a shot.
  • Options

I think you have a shot.

Well thanks. This has been literally the only time in my life where I've ever actually considered a viable career option.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that happened! :( Is it really so difficult for them to just black out someone's username? I mean seriously? Am I the only one doing this right now:

Wat-Meme-Black-Girl-02.jpg

Actually, it's kind of funny you used this meme along with that point. The girl in the picture absolutely hates it because it's unflattering, hates that it went viral, and wishes people would quit using it. It wasn't uploaded by her -- it was uploaded by a friend onto instagram.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but I'm pointing out the nature of the internet. Once something is put out there, you lose complete control. I personally don't use memes of this young woman, but I also know that telling other people they shouldn't is a lost cause.

Oh! I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to continue a trend this girl didn't want, I won't use the meme again but I won't remove it from my comment either - your point needs to be made.

*I searched up a bit about her, suing Instagram and if that is really her on Youtube, she doesn't seem to have much of a problem with it anymore.

I'm sure she learned to deal with it. What choice did she have?
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

Well your remark on how your twitter remark had me wondering what your true intentions were. I don't follow SimsVip but if I did, I would have PMed NZsimm3r to see if she knew what was going on but I wouldn't have made a tweet on the matter. I would have just left it between NZsimm3r and I while giveng her support privately.

@NZsimm3r asked me to post it. I PMed them many times on the subject, and they said that want me to post because at this point everybody knows. It was something we both agreed to, and I want to make sure that all the perspectives are given. Otherwise this just would've just turned into another "Let's Bash SimGuruDrake" circle and would've just destroyed the fragile relationship between the community and Maxis at this point.

Well if it was something the two of agreed upon then I wouldn't be making statements about twitter. Simply because no matter how innocent the actions are intended, people are going to make nothing into something. SimsVip proved that part all on their own even though their actions hold zero innocence. NZsimm3r comments were used as a personal attack on Drake. Drake contacted Alexis on behalf of a forum member. In reality she didn't have to do but she did anyway. Yes I understand how running forum works and how the post in SimsVip goes against the privacy rules and what not. Still drake herself didn't have to make the attempt and could of just had the legal department handle it. NZsimm3r has every right to be upset!!!!!

I get the not wanting it to turn into another lets bash drake thread. No matter what either of you two do to prevent that SimVip made it clear that is what they wanted to happen and it has!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I love how everyone is just getting angry with the wrong people.

Why are people mad at a fansite reporting the news as they see it? Normal media does that every day and it isn't always the full story. Yes yes they could have done due diligence and blacked out the username but the rest is the truth as they see it. If you don't agree, that is fine.

I don't think people are trying to be disrespectful towards SimGuruDrake by telling the truth as they see it. In my opinion, she has said some not so nice things in the past but hey I am working on my thicker skin. I am still confused by the comment she was disappointed in us.

Just a reminder to everyone, the root cause of this problem was an internal employee who leaked information. If you are going to be mad or disappointed with anyone it should be the leaker, even though the leaker made me happy.

Leaker, thank you for being a rebel and letting us know what was coming...LOL Sorry it caused so much drama for everyone but it was nice to have some leaks again...LOL You did cause lots of anger and disappointment that wasn't even directed towards you even though it should have. Don't worry you didn't mess too many things up. When they released the trailer, people still cheered like it was the first time they heard about it...LOL <3
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    aleeeexxxp wrote: »
    I don't think I'll be going on simsvip anymore. I didn't like the tone of the letter. It seemed like it was being blown out of proportion.
    Thinking about it appears that the OP got thrown under the bus and was just collective damage. The post sent by Alexis to me appeared to be heartless in nature and all they care about is their cause.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

I agreed to @HIFreeBirdIH posting my PM reply to her/him. After all, it wasn't very eloquent but was my initial and honest response the her/his news about what SimsVip had just posted.

That was why I made my initial post on this thread... I had had a few minutes to calm down and pull my thoughts together so I could post something that made a little more sense and expressed my opinion a little more clearly.

While I do have a twitter account it is more for business so I don't actually use it for sim related things and it has a completly different username, so there is no use me taking to twitter to explain how I feel about being thrown under the bus, after all, Alexis knew why SimguruDrake emailed her instead of me... as I had answered Alexis question to me in her PM long before she chose to publish all this censorshop rubbish.

Also... in response to Alexis claiming I am some kid who wants attention on her tweet. I am a mature female who has successfully worked in the public sector for some years. The whole reason this started is because I wanted my user name removed! I'm failing to see the connection between that and some deep hidden desire for attention. smh.

Anyhoo... just felt that it needed to be cleared up why @HIFreeBirdIH had made public my private PM to her/him... I agreed that despite not wanting to post anything it was probably the best thing to post something and try to put a little more balance into the situation as @HIFreeBirdIH suggested.

*shrug*

Thank you for making it more it more clear. To be honest I don't think I would have done things much different in that aspect. One can only handle so much at a time and that fact that she is on twitter attacking you where you do not follow for the Sims says a lot on her character. You made a simple request for your privacy to respected and she did nothing of sort. Not once did she ever consider on how it would make you feel! She did what she did knowing all of the backlash it would cause and she just didn't care. Says a lot on just what type of person she is I think.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited September 2016
    This is the kind of person she is...

https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/2010/10/19/private-matter/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top