Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UK City Living blog post!

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Comments

• Options
    JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    wait, we can't renovate apartments?!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The video doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    Critic...hmm. What kind, do you think? There are so many different kinds. Food, film, books, games
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Oooo I'm excited. Can't wait until that video is released.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The video doesn't work for me.

Me neither - but the text is there : )
    Jenpants wrote: »

That's pretty realistic tbh. Maybe we can at least decorate? I wasn't even always allowed to do that when I rented :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Couldn't in TS3 either. You could decorate, but you couldn't rebuild it. Least if memory serves correctly.

• Options
    Arletta wrote: »

Couldn't in TS3 either. You could decorate, but you couldn't rebuild it. Least if memory serves correctly.

You could with cheat codes.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    @Jenpants it doesn't sound like you can renovate but if you get in the right career line, you can get the penthouse? And maybe that information will change, the blog wasn't clear.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    In previous games, there was a cheat to be allowed to modify the apartments.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Hmm... sounds interesting. Good that there are three new careers.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

You could with cheat codes.

Perhaps you can in TS4. Not all of us use cheats though. It's realistic, largely you don't own the building, just the flat.

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    3 new careers! Thanks for the link @luthienrising.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

Yeah.... :( And I don't know about where the developers live but in my area YOU CAN knock out walls of condominiums that you own and for sure pent houses. I knew there'd be something limited about it. :'(
  • Options
    hmm... it might depend on exactly how small these places are. my sims do like small places but i at least needs office and painting room.
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    I wonder if we have to pay monthly rents to landlords? With the renovations,well there was a cheat around that in the sims 3 if you remember?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You could change, move or delete interior walls but not the building exterior walls,
  • Options
    OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member

so we can't build our own apartment blocks??
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I want to design my OWN APARTMENT BUILDINGS. This is not a new request- this not something from left field that should take EA/Maxis by surprise. It was complaint with Sims 3 and it's still there.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    I'll wait for more info on apartments, but everything sounds amazing
  • Options
    Video games console?
  • Options
    queenomeanoqueenomeano Posts: 90 Member
    Oo I'm excited! I'm pretty sure they will add a cheat, like with the work places and hidden lots, probably the same one in fact. Can't wait to find out more :)
    Add me on twitter and twitch: plusle28
  • Options
    OblongamanOblongaman Posts: 214 Member
    I want to design my OWN APARTMENT BUILDINGS. This is not a new request- this not something from left field that should take EA/Maxis by surprise. It was complaint with Sims 3 and it's still there.

The trailer looks cool but I totally agree with this. Definitely need to be able to design your own apartment buildings!!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Oo I'm excited! I'm pretty sure they will add a cheat, like with the work places and hidden lots, probably the same one in fact. Can't wait to find out more :)

It's probably the same cheat, as the cheat overrides the ability not to build.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    @Jenpants it doesn't sound like you can renovate but if you get in the right career line, you can get the penthouse? And maybe that information will change, the blog wasn't clear.

I doubt you'd have to be in a certain career to get a penthouse. They probably just meant you have to make good money to afford it.