Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 keeps crashing?

heartthatilove12heartthatilove12 Posts: 2 New Member
edited July 2016 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I need big help. Recently, when I moved houses my Sims 3 game always crashes in the intro scene. Before I moved houses, it was working fine. I realized that custom content was messing it up, but it's any piece of custom content. Even the smallest bit :( I really need help...

Comments

• Options
    meipmeip Posts: 67 Member
    Have you pin pointed which custom content is creating the said problem? If not, you can easily figure it out by removing your cc and mods in halfs. Also, you might have some old/buggy cc that is creating the problem rather than it being cc in general.
  • Options
    baturhulyabaturhulya Posts: 198 Member
    I'd suggest to do a factory reset first,than will know if it is a C.C problem or not.To do a factory reset,you must rename your sims3 folder in your
    documents to something like sims3 old,that way your game will create a new folder on start up.İf your game doesn't crash than it was indeed a
    C.C problem. please do this and report back so I can help you further.
  • Options
    minecraftgirl000minecraftgirl000 Posts: 36 Member
    If you think the problem might be caused by custom content, check the box that says "run without custom content" under the installed content tab in the game launcher. If your game runs fine after doing this and you have verified that custom content is indeed the problem, you can use a program called Bad CC Fixer to remove the bad/corrupted custom content without having to remove ALL of your custom content. You can find video tutorials on youtube about how to use the program, but it's very simple. Good luck! Hope you are able to get this fixed, it's frustrating not having a working game.
  • Options
    Have not any experience with Bad CC Fixer,nor have heard of it bis yet.So i suggested that you make a factory reset,and do the %50 method, which is very reliable.
  • Options
    @minecraftgirl000 ,do you mean Delphy's Dashboard with bad cc fixer? Then you should know it can help you identifying conflicting and corrupt files but the fixing is up to you.
  • Options
    minecraftgirl000minecraftgirl000 Posts: 36 Member
    baturhulya wrote: »
    @minecraftgirl000 ,do you mean Delphy's Dashboard with bad cc fixer? Then you should know it can help you identifying conflicting and corrupt files but the fixing is up to you.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about but not exactly. There's actually a fix all button and I think you can click action and delete corrupted files. It's very very useful for sorting out bad cc without having to delete everything or play the guessing game. It has never failed me.
  • Options
    napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    I think you might mean Dashboard. There is a button in it to fix all corrupted files, but that program was designed for packages in the mods folder not simpacks in the launcher. In fact it won't read simpacks. It is not considered accurate on any files other than packages though it does read dbc files in the DCCache. But running it on the DCCache will not give you accurate results and could cause problems.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • Options
    katiej14katiej14 Posts: 8 New Member
    I used the 50% method, Custard, and Dashboard and cleaned up all of my custom content, but my game is still crashing. I have a very nice custom built computer and I'm pretty good at fixing my game, but now I'm at a loss. I feel like it's getting worse! It would crash after 30 minutes, but, now, it crashes if I go from buy/build mode to live mode or while I'm saving. I don't know what to do. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    katiej14 wrote: »
    I used the 50% method, Custard, and Dashboard and cleaned up all of my custom content, but my game is still crashing. I have a very nice custom built computer and I'm pretty good at fixing my game, but now I'm at a loss. I feel like it's getting worse! It would crash after 30 minutes, but, now, it crashes if I go from buy/build mode to live mode or while I'm saving. I don't know what to do. Has anyone else had this problem?

This player's issues have been resolved through support channels at NRaas.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net