Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An example of how The Sims can bring people together

king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
So I was at work earlier and it was a very grey and dull day with everyone taking their break in our staff room, a converted shed.

A few of the guys where talking about old games that they used to play and then I mentioned that I play The Sims. Within seconds everyone was talking about their memories from the game, the funny things, the fires and getting our kids sent to military school.

I was amazed as everyone was all of a sudden completely imersed in Sims talk and after four years of working here, I have never seen that before.

I also shared a few pictures of The Sims on my phone and told everyone what I do in the game now and the conversation went on for about 20 minutes. :smile:

It is funny as a lot of people seem shy to admit that they play The Sims, maybe some guys think it is not 'man enough' yet here we were talking about a verity of Sims related topics. I actually think I have seen some of my co workers in a new light now and it is nice to know that I am 'not the only Simmer in the village' as I thought I was! :smiley:

So what does this mean? Personally I think that it is great that after all of these years, dispite the ups and downs the community faces and regardless of play styles there is one thing that everyone has in common, we are Simmers and we are all one community. :smile:

Thanks for reading my story, as you can imagine I am very excited about getting the chance to talk about The Sims away from the forums for once :D

Happy Simming!

Peace
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2016
    Lol~Awesome story! :lol:

I wish... I remember being at a neighborhood BBQ a several years ago. I was with the big group having our lovely drinks... when the conversation slowed down. Now, I had been building a new world so that was all on my mind, I brought up The Sims.

"Does anyone play video games?" says I

"...." the group of faces turn to me with black looks and upraised eyebrows.

"I play The Sims on PC. Has anyone tried the Sims?" nervous smile with fear starting to grow in my eyes.

I heard a lot of, "I don't play games." or "I think my daughter's friend plays that game."

Yeah, I wish I ran into people who played The Sims where I lived.

At work at that time- I was a Dance club Bartender with no time to chat about games. :)
  • Options
    @Rflong7 well I usually get stuck with Xbox players but thing really went down hill when my house mate started playing Pokemon Go.

He has moved out now but I will have nightmares about him walked around, half dressed looking for a Pikachu or whatever for a long time

:open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    Hello
    Thankyou for sharing details about what happened today at your work. :) It would have been a very enjoyable and nice time that you and your fellow workers spent talking about The Sims game. The workers may think about what they were talking about , when they get home and may start simming again themselves, or it may lead to those workers that are currently simmers talking further to you about their simmimg experiences now.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thanks for the reply :smile:

I always hope to introduce new people to The Sims or encourage others to return :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    S_EmpressS_Empress Posts: 169 Member
    I'm not embarrassed to play The Sims...at all! But I get that vibe from other people that play it. I've also encountered classmates that don't consider it a "real game". When I go to the store to ask about hardware to improve my game, the employees are always like "Well, if that's all you'll be playing, you don't need a strong XYZ." That's not completely correct. If I want my game to look nice and run smoothly, I will need a pretty decent XYZ. It's a tad frustrating. Anyway, people shouldn't be shy. IMO the Sims is a vast game to master (like to really know to ins and outs).

@king_of_simcity7 What is that building in your signature?
    d638a1c7eb80c6dc5cd92a6d922fe948.gif
    Call me Slavic for short. (^-^*)/
    Slavic_Empiress on TS3 site, I always welcome more friends.
    I sim with integrated graphics. d(-_^)