Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issue with hired DJ

I added a dj booth to my rooftop patio. I click on it to "hire staff" and a DJ does indeed show up on the property but he does not go up to the rooftop where the booth is. Why is that please?

If I try to click on the booth again, it tells me there is already a DJ on the property. However, all he does is stand outside near the mailbox. I have my Sims meet him and even walk him inside, but he will not go to the booth and work.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    Is there a clear path for your hired DJ to reach?
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    xPaxion wrote: »
    Is there a clear path for your hired DJ to reach?

Oh yes, completely. It's nothing like that. My sim will even go up to the booth with him, but he will not work the booth.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited August 2016
    Edit: Nvm, I see that you said you were able to get him up to the booth

Silly question, but can other sims use the booth? Maybe it's placed in a way they cannot use it? Otherwise, that's very strange!
  • Options
    Can your Sim reach and interact with the booth?
  • Options
    Edit: Nvm, I see that you said you were able to get him up to the booth

Silly question, but can other sims use the booth? Maybe it's placed in a way they cannot use it? Otherwise, that's very strange!

Great question Jessa... yes! The sims who live there can access it just fine and they are the ones who wind up doing the job. I really wish I knew why the DJ won't do it though?
  • Options
    Can your Sim reach and interact with the booth?

Yep, just fine.
  • Options
    I'll just put it down to a bug. Are you are to replicate the problem?
  • Options
    I'll just put it down to a bug. Are you are to replicate the problem?

There's a solution to this problem, I'm sure. I just don't know what it is.
  • Options
    If you're able to replicate what is causing the problem I'm sure we can figure out the solution.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Have you tried seeing if the DJ would use the booth if you placed it elsewhere?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Try placing the booth in several other places on your lot and see if the DJ goes to work,
  • Options
    SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    I was watching a let's play, and a girl had this exact same issue.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Try placing the booth in several other places on your lot and see if the DJ goes to work,

Thanks Jessa & Danny ~ I'm going to try your suggestions when I boot up the game :)
    I was watching a let's play, and a girl had this exact same issue.

Chica, was she able to solve the problem do you know? Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Jessa, I tried to relocate the DJ booth. Here is what happened...

Sim (home owner) is able to jam in the booth on the rooftop but the hired DJ still can not

xrjbfy1.png

So, I moved the booth to a back room on the first floor and the DJ showed up and started to jam

GBxgmPp.png

So I'm stumped :/ I have no idea why one sim can do it and the other can't?
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    When you hire the DJ, are you keeping the sim that hired him near the booth so that the DJ comes to your sim? Try that and, if the DJ hesitates, use Call Over to get him to the booth.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    I noticed that the booth where the owner is jammin is set at an angle, is the dance floor attached with enough room for the dancers? The angle might not suit the DJ
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    When you hire the DJ, are you keeping the sim that hired him near the booth so that the DJ comes to your sim? Try that and, if the DJ hesitates, use Call Over to get him to the booth.

Yes, I've tried that (thanks for your suggestion!) However, it doesn't work.
    I noticed that the booth where the owner is jammin is set at an angle, is the dance floor attached with enough room for the dancers? The angle might not suit the DJ

Yes, it works fine. The floor is filled with dancers when the homeowner sim acts as the DJ :-/
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Can you make the stairs to the roof double wide or, try deleting and replacing them? The game may have them stuck as in use, and, home sims will share them but the DJ won't.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Can you make the stairs to the roof double wide or, try deleting and replacing them? The game may have them stuck as in use, and, home sims will share them but the DJ won't.

Thanks for the suggestion Dark ~ I will try this the next time I boot up the game!
  • Options

Dark, you're a genius :) I deleted the stairs and relocated them to another area on the property. It worked!! Thank you!! My sims will name their first born after you ;)
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Yeah, problem solved. Use to have this same problem in other games, TS2 &3, like beds not working...such an easy fix yet so hard to find problem. If in doubt, delete it out.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    Yeah, problem solved. Use to have this same problem in other games, TS2 &3, like beds not working...such an easy fix yet so hard to find problem. If in doubt, delete it out.

Thanks Stille ;)