Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOLLAND FAMILY CHALLENGE STORY! *UPDATED 9/19*

Comments

• Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Oh my plumbob!!! NOOBOOS!
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    KatNip wrote: »
    Oh my plumbob!!! NOOBOOS!

@Katnip NOOBOOS? What does that mean? ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill
    Babies! :blush:
    And, I hope Sue returns soon... she was one of my favourite characters!
  • Options
    LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    Great new update!
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    YAY! Babies!!!
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    YAY! Babies!!!

Thanks @GaiaHypothesis! I've missed seeing you around. :)

And thank you too @cupcake12 ! Glad you enjoyed it.

More is coming!!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    I can't wait!
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    Babies! Hope Sue is ok.
  • Options
    Ariel0105Ariel0105 Posts: 329 Member
    @emorril Oh my goodness!!! Babies!! :)
    amazing-horse-pictures.jpg
    my wishlist
    my wishlist
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    That's a surprise! Congratulations?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Continuation of Chapter 1

"Michael?" Jenni asked, shifting her shoulder to the left to see if he would still meet her gaze, but the man was a statue.

After a couple of minutes of awkward silence, Michael finally managed to blink and shook his head for a moment. Without saying a word, he slowly made his way to their bedroom, leaving Jenni behind him. Once Michael disappeared down the hall, Jenni buried her watery eyes into the palm of her hand. After letting out a few tears, she heard Michael coming towards her. Relief washed over her as he met her gaze once again. He had gone into their bedroom to change into his white coat, since he would be leaving for work soon. Jenni found it impressive that he even remembered work... given the current circumstance.

After letting out a deep breath, Michael said in apology, "Sorry Jenni."
    Jenni wiped away her tears and stared, waiting for him to continue.
    Michael still couldn't wrap his brain around it all. All these questions were flooding his mind, about ready to burst out of his mouth, but he had to exercise control. "So...are you SURE you're pregnant?"
    Sighing, Jenni answered, "Yes Michael. I'm in the beginning of my second trimester actually."
    Michael's eyes widened in surprise.
    "I had my yearly visit with the Gynecologist two days ago and he told me..."
    Scratching his temple, not completely believing what she just said, Michael mumbled, "Uhhh..." then asked, "How...When did this happen?"

Michael_umm.jpg

"Well," Jenni began, "I've been playing it back in my mind since the doctor gave me the news-"
    "I-I mean," Michael interrupted, "we thought you were going through menopause?"
    "Yeah, we did, but...it turned out that I was just...pregnant."
    There was silence again.
    "Anyway," Jenni spoke up, "To answer your question, I believe it happened that one night when Tristan was out of town and Ken was spending the night at Derrick's house. Remember? We had the place all to ourselves?"

old_M_J_kissing.jpg

Thinking for a moment, a smile appeared on Michael's face as he said, "Ah yes."
    For a moment Jenni's anxiety was kept at bay, sharing the tender memory with him. She continued. "We talked about a few things concerning the kids and then we joked about how old we're getting and how that might interfere with-"
    "Yes," Michael blushed, "I remember. But we proved it all wrong!"
    Now Jenni blushed as well. "Yeah...we did."
    old_M_J_sex_2.jpg

"It was a magical night," she whispered.
    "That it was," Michael agreed, "Mostly I was just proud to know I still had it in me."
    old_M_J_sex_4.jpg

The two laughed, but then their face expressions grew serious again. Jenni looked down at her belly and rubbed at it. Michael placed a loving hand on her shoulder, sensing her concern.

Looking up with tears in her eyes Jenni expressed, "I'm scared Michael." Her lip quivered. "I dunno if I can do this...I mean...I'm fifty-six years old! I will be fifty-seven when the baby comes."
    Holding back his tears, Michael enveloped his wife in his arms. Stroking her hair he asked, "What did the doctor say about it?"
    Sniffing, Jenni replied, "Well, he said I'll need to be closely monitored throughout the pregnancy and that the complications that come with being pregnant are doubled at my age."
    Upon hearing that, Michael felt Jenni's shoulders shake with fear to which he held her even tighter.
    "And I may have to be on bed rest," Jenni managed to add.
    "It will be ok," Michael couldn't help but say, "You have me. I'll be able to monitor you at home and take care of you."
    "I know," Jenni said, looking him in the eye now and kissing him. "You have NO idea how thankful I am for that!"
    Michael smiled. He too was thankful, and also in many situations before, for being a doctor.

"On the bright side," Jenni said, stepping away to get some breathing space, "the baby's heart rate was good and after a quick check up the doctor told me everything is fine, he just strongly suggested I get on prenatal vitamins immediately!"
    "Indeed."
    "So I started taking them when I got home."
    "Good," Michael said, taking her hands. Then he remembered one more thing he wanted to ask. "How far along are you?"
    "The doctor about 16 weeks."
    "Oh my goodness!" Michael nearly chuckled, "it's like you whipped through the first trimester! You really had no idea at all that you could be pregnant?"
    "Well...not with my cycle stopping and talking about how I might be going through menopause! Plus the thought of being pregnant just didn't seem possible."
    Michael nodded in agreement.
    Thinking intently, Jenni added, "Although...there were those couple of times I threw up in the evening."
    "Oh?"

old_Jenni_throws_up.jpg
    "The first time I thought it was just Tristan's overcooked chicken," she paused hearing Michael's chuckle, "and the second time I thought it was because the leftovers I ate had been in the fridge for too long."
    Michael chuckled again while shrugging his shoulders. "Who knows," he said.
    For a few seconds the two held each others hands, swayed them from side to side for a bit while smiling at each other.
    "So," Jenni said, breaking the silence, "you ready to become a father again?"
    Michael looked to the side with his eyebrows raised. "I'm not sure," he honestly replied, "it's still...a lot to take in right now."
    "Oh believe me, I understand!"
    Stroking her cheek, Michael said tenderly, "I know you do," then he added, "How about we just take it a day at a time?"
    Jenni nodded in strong agreement.
    "We just have to have the faith that this is God's will and that everything will work out. He's never let us down."
    "No," Jenni said, tears welling up in her eyes again, "He hasn't."
    Once again they hugged each other tightly and it wasn't long until Jenni whispered, "I love you," to Michael.
    "I love you too," Michael whispered back, "always and forever." <3

More to come. :)
    @peach77 @katgirl @hardfamily @ariel0105 @knippybunny @tadolson @lanlyn @enchantedprey @msbeckycat @amaresity @redvelvet @lovelylisac @lablue0314 @jillbg @ACB44 @Surreal @thuggishsplicer @puddinroy @palmarrow @karritz @moonandstars83 @cravenlestat @texansky @GaiaHypothesis @KatNip @meeoun @cupcake12
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @emorrill Good start to the story :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Thank you @king_of_simcity7 ! :) Would you like me to add you to the Tag list when I post a new update/chapter?
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »

Thank you @king_of_simcity7 ! :) Would you like me to add you to the Tag list when I post a new update/chapter?

Yes feel free to tag me :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Ownnnn.... <3
    Jenni seems to be so young! I hope she can make it!
  • Options
    Ownnnn.... <3
    Jenni seems to be so young! I hope she can make it!

@thuggishsplicer Hey there! :smiley:

Yeah she is still "Adult" age in the Sims, obviously, for me to get her pregnant, but I gave her age detail and silver highlights in her hair to make her look older. ;) Once she has the baby, I will age her up to an Elder like Michael.

I gotta tell ya though...My mom is 61 years old and after about twenty years of seriously taking care of herself with healthy eating and exercising she looks AMAZING! :smile: I think she's a size 7 or 8 dress size, her brown hair (Yes, she dyes it) goes down to a little past her shoulders and she's just the most beautiful 61 year old woman I know. <3 She's amazing and I hope I can be half the mother she is to my daughter. (I also hope I can look as great as her at that age! ;) lol! )
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    That sounds great!
    I often dye everbody's hair in my game, so nobody looks too old.

My mom is 61, too. She should take care of herself, but she doesn't look that old. Well, she gave up dyeing her hair, but those grey locks are charming. XD
    I'm looking foward to what happens to Jenni!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @KatNip I get the feeling you will enjoy the next chapter. ;););)
  • Options
    @emorrill
    Is that a sign of new characters or Sue's return? :o
    I love all of your chapters anyways ;)
  • Options
    @emorrill
    Is that a sign of new characters or Sue's return? :o
    I love all of your chapters anyways ;)

@KatNip You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

I hope that whatever I do write about Sue doesn't disappoint you...since you said she was your favorite character and all.
  • Options
    @emorrill
    she's dead, isnt she? yep, she's dead. Oh god. oh no. I'm gonna cry :cry:
  • Options
    @emorrill
    she's dead, isnt she? yep, she's dead. Oh god. oh no. I'm gonna cry :cry:

@KatNip No need to cry. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chapter 2

3 Years Earlier...

Gazing out of the semi truck cab window, while the city lights blinked upon her face, the young eighteen year old asked herself one more time to be sure, 'Is this really the place you want to stay?' It sure was far enough away. Nearly two thousand miles across the country was a LONG journey and it was getting tiring hitching rides with strangers. 'Yes,' she assured herself, eyes closed. 'Yes! This is my new home.' Day after day she fought a personal battle. One she feared she would never conquer. The thoughts and feelings about leaving her home and family kept coming back into her mind, but she'd tackle it by telling herself that it was all in the past. And that's where it would stay. Forever. A new leaf had been turned and she was going to rock it! The realization of her independence enchanted her...but it frightened her at the same time.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the truck driver asked her, "Where would you like me to drop you off?"
    Blinking and shaking her head to get back to reality, she answered, "Umm, right here would be fine."
    They were approaching the intersection near the city's famous bridge.
    "You sure?" the truck driver asked, with concern.
    "Yes," the girl replied, confidently, "I have some friends who live in an apartment nearby." It was a lie, but she didn't want to spend any more time in the truck with this man then she already had. She was DONE with the free rides.
    The truck driver shrugged his shoulders and pulled off to the side of the road. Thankfully there wasn't much traffic since it was almost three in the morning. Putting the truck in Park, he watched as the mysterious young girl, flashed him a smile without hardly meeting his gaze and reached for the door handle. "You take care of yourself now," he said to her.
    "Thank you," the girl expressed, stepping out, "I will." She shut the door firmly and made her way to the nearest back alley, carefully glancing behind her to see if the truck had driven away.

When it had, she looked around in many different directions to see if anyone was around. No one. So she made her way to the intersection and stood in the middle of the road, staring at and taking in the majesty of the grand bridge and the skyscrapers surrounding it. She'd learned about the great city of Bridgeport in school, but it was nothing like she'd expected. It wasn't hazy nor did it feel suffocating. Despite the various lights from the towers around her she could still look up at the sky and see the light of the stars. For a few moments she gazed at them, taking in a deep breath of the cool night air.
    1st_night_in_Bridgeport.jpg

"I can do this," she whispered to herself, "I WILL make it on my own." She paused, no longer whispering now. "And I'll do it the only way I know how. And this time...I won't be the slave!"

With that, Sue Holland spun on her heel with determination and made her way deeper into the city. Her new life awaited.

To be continued...
    :)

I meant to take it back to the Present tonight, but it is after midnight and I must go to bed! Hope you enjoyed the beginning of Chapter 2! :smiley: More to come!

@peach77 @katgirl @hardfamily @ariel0105 @knippybunny @tadolson @lanlyn @enchantedprey @msbeckycat @amaresity @redvelvet @lovelylisac @lablue0314 @jillbg @ACB44 @Surreal @thuggishsplicer @puddinroy @palmarrow @karritz @moonandstars83 @cravenlestat @texansky @GaiaHypothesis @KatNip @meeoun @cupcake12
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2016
    Very nice @emorrill <3 She looks so lonely I feel bad for her already and want to take her to the diner for coffee and a sandwich.Reminds me of all those girls that travel to Vegas and Hollywood with nothing left in life from broken homes who take one last shot at starting over.

Or could be like the movie "Night of the comet" where everybody died and turned to red dust but only a few people and the ones who got zombified but still.Maybe she is on her way to the mall like in the movie for a fun shopping spree :p YAY!!! everything is currently 100 percent off forever.

Cue cheesy but awesome 1984 movie flashback trailer in 3...2...1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdH8NQbvOKo

Yes I love that movie and watched it like 40 times. B)

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @emorrill Good update to the story :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg