Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprints

Hey guys,

Is there a way I can pan the camera for a birds eye view of my plot of land so I can take some kind of blueprint screenshot to share with friends?

Thanks from xPaxion.

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited August 2016
    I believe if you hit the "T" on your keyboard, it will go to an above view
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    I believe if you hit the "T" on your keyboard, it will go to an above view

Oh thank you very much! One last thing, is it possible to align the camera so it's perfectly horizontal?
  • Options
    TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Might be a dumb question, but are you using the Sims 3 style camera?

If so, then it's a matter of using the mouse wheel to adjust the angle.
    dgvibNQ.png
  • Options
    Might be a dumb question, but are you using the Sims 3 style camera?

If so, then it's a matter of using the mouse wheel to adjust the angle.

No sorry I am using The Sims 4 camera controls. I'm wondering if it's possible to align the camera so it's centered perfectly.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I don't think there's an easy way to get it alligned perfectly. But you can use the build mode grid to try to get the best you can by alligning one of the grid lines to the bottom of your screen (you do have to collapse the build mode catalog in order to do so). I find it is easier if I get my camera straight before pressing the "T" button - but I do use the Sims 3 camera.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    I don't think there's an easy way to get it alligned perfectly. But you can use the build mode grid to try to get the best you can by alligning one of the grid lines to the bottom of your screen (you do have to collapse the build mode catalog in order to do so). I find it is easier if I get my camera straight before pressing the "T" button - but I do use the Sims 3 camera.

Oh, shame! I'm just trying to align the camera up properly so I can take some screenshots for blueprints.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Switch into TS3 camera style and hit tab then use the mouse wheel etc and you'll be able to get a birds eye view for your screenshot.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Switch into TS3 camera style and hit tab then use the mouse wheel etc and you'll be able to get a birds eye view for your screenshot.

Can you zoom in and out like that?