Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a new Expansion pack!!

I am sorry if I sound mad, but I kinda am. I know you are all working hard on making new "Stuff Packs", but could we just get a new expansion pack? Please? It would have been great! Well, there has only been released 2 expansion pack in like 2 years! Please EA! Give us a new expansion pack! I can suggest some for you: Pets, Seasons, Supernatural, "Something with family, that will allow us to have toddlers", Maybe some more careers. Well, this is just my opinion. I am not speaking for everyone here, but I am sure that I am not the only one thinking this.

If you read this, thank you. I appreciate it.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A new EP should be in the pipe line but they want to 'get it right' and the focus seems to be more on smaller Game Packs these days.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Ep3 is already in development so it is whatever it is already. I was hoping to see it released later this quarter but not the case. Hopefully it will be announced this quarter and released oct.

Also there are separate teams for stuff packs, game packs and EP - so they can be developed at the same time.

But yup I would like a new EP as well
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    I agree- I'm so bored with the Sims 4. There is only so much you can do with "stuff". They really need to do some serious expanding and add more life stages and and more depth to teens and elders. Besides that we need more things to do like in sims 3 seasons they had the seasonal fair with different activities for the entire family.i really miss that kind of game play.
    So I hope to see more Eps that are reincarnations of previous ones such as
    Seasons
    generation
    Pets
    University
    The list goes on-
    But I see all these post about the sims 4 ending and no more Eps and I don't know what to think. I like the amount of potential the sims 4 has it's a shame it's taking so long to improve it.
  • Options
    maritgromaritgro Posts: 2 New Member
    Totally agree with you, emilymsims.
  • Options
    RisakishoRisakisho Posts: 52 Member
    I'm pretty sure they're working on it at the moment. I get you though, I am also anticipating for some really new game play. I bought Dine out and wanting something new already, Backyard stuff pack seems cool, but there isn't much game play what I am dying for lol. I'm hoping the announcement will be by the end of this quarter *crossing fingers*
    b8EQfn6.gif
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Need? No. Want? Yes! :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    LindaPPLindaPP Posts: 2 New Member
    Omg its been 8 months since Get Together I hope this wait is something good and is not a bug that has come in the way witch is taking longer. I don't under stand why they are not announcing any thing at Gamescom if expansions are usually released around the 8 months I'm really worried that we are going to be waiting along time for something the community dose not want.
  • Options
    TheLlamacornMasterTheLlamacornMaster Posts: 1 New Member
    I also want a third expansion pack, but I DOUBT VERY MUCH it will be something like seasons since seasons is always one of the later EP's to come out, pets could happen but that will probably be the 4th or 5th EP, so the community will see for themselves.
  • Options
    MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    It would be nice to get a new expansion pack, but I doubt they'll be releasing it this month. Maybe in October, but you guys shouldn't expect stuff like Seasons, Pets or Generations etc. No idea, they could seriously surprise us, but I just doubt it. :/
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 it, Seasons is my fav since S2. I'm so tired of the same summer time look... I want snowmen and leaf piles. Honestly gtw and gt were just lacking compared to S3 ambitions and late night. I hope whatever they're coming up with (if anything at all) is better than the previous 2 eps.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    I believe that EA are working on a completely different EP idea. It'll most likely be something no one else has mentioned yet.
    Some of my ideas are completely new, such as; "Get In Command" ,, The ability to send teens to boot camp, send adults to the army.
    Join the military or the air force. Army, Military & Air Force Vehicles are also included.
    This EP also includes S.W.A.T team for the police.
  • Options
    To further the ideas:

Karate Metal Arts
    Time Machine
    Vampires
    Fairy, Princes, Princess, Dragons, Knights and castles
    Performing Arts
    Zoo
    Farm
    Witches

Things that are completely new or most likely have never been used in
    previous Sim games.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    Ep3 is already in development so it is whatever it is already. I was hoping to see it released later this quarter but not the case. Hopefully it will be announced this quarter and released oct.

Also there are separate teams for stuff packs, game packs and EP - so they can be developed at the same time.

But yup I would like a new EP as well

I sure hope it s Seasons,Hot Date or Vacations.
  • Options
    ginger170 wrote: »
    To further the ideas:

Karate Metal Arts
    Time Machine
    Vampires
    Fairy, Princes, Princess, Dragons, Knights and castles
    Performing Arts
    Zoo
    Farm
    Witches

Things that are completely new or most likely have never been used in
    previous Sim games.

Don't forget Theme Parks.
  • Options
    I believe that EA are working on a completely different EP idea. It'll most likely be something no one else has mentioned yet.
    Some of my ideas are completely new, such as; "Get In Command" ,, The ability to send teens to boot camp, send adults to the army.
    Join the military or the air force. Army, Military & Air Force Vehicles are also included.
    This EP also includes S.W.A.T team for the police.

Get Together was a never before done ep I expect a normal ep this time eg seasons,generations etc.
  • Options
    BabyloveBabylove Posts: 66 Member
    I'm honestly really waiting for them to release a sims 4 pets expansion and see what changes and enhancements they'll make to the game. I hope that happens.
    a265r5laybyd.png
  • Options
    Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
    I agree. The Sims 4 Get Together was released on December 8th. It's been 8 months since the release of an expansion and we haven't even heard anything from EA about the next expansion; just that it's "in the works". Okay. I understand we've been getting game packs and stuff packs, but if that hinders the release of an expansion, I'd rather just have expansion packs.
    Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

• Options
    am606am606 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would really like an expansion pack where you could run your own personal business, Like i know that they already have the get to work expansion pack but i want a pack where you could run your own hospital or clinic or your own pool Like don't get me wrong i do like the get to work expansion pack but i just want more Possibilities with it.
  • Options
    MyndrunnerMyndrunner Posts: 86 Member
    WE NEED MORE LOTS!!!! AND LOTS OF LOTS!!!
  • Options
    Don't forget Theme Parks.

@catloverplayer Theme Park is a completely new era for such a Sims game.
    This sounds brilliant and I hope one day, it'll be real.
    New Career: Theme Park Manager or minimum Sim's wage for operating rides.
  • Options
    BrajanSummersBrajanSummers Posts: 8 New Member
    My top two requests are seasons and pets. and i see everyone else "demand" it as well. let's not be surprised... we've got a grabage of a game as a base game.... it's way better how it used to be. it should be like this since day1
  • Options
    @BrajanSummers It's likely now that "The Sims 4: Get a Pet"
    and "The Sims 4: Get Seasonal" are in the pending development stage.
    As EA has leaked information about "Get Into The City" to be the third Expansion Pack for October.
    It's not solid information yet, but this is as direct as it could be so far.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    A new EP should be in the pipe line but they want to 'get it right' and the focus seems to be more on smaller Game Packs these days.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :smile:

I hope they are trying to get it right because I see a lot of players saying this next EP is going to be make it or break it time for them.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It's coming.

funny-gif-humor-lol-Favim.com-232521.gif
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    It's coming.

funny-gif-humor-lol-Favim.com-232521.gif

That gif literally touches my non existent soul some how
    giphy_1.gif