Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game getting more equality?

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    well i am 1 of those simmers that did not went those option and i also went the gallery to restore the proper filters its not acceptable nor is it apropriate for male sims to be wearing female clothes

Then don't put any of your male Sims in female clothes. There is nothing in the patch that requires you to do anything. You're complaining about something that won't touch your game unless you use it. Just don't use it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Billy_SmashBilly_Smash Posts: 1 New Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    equality for non religious, non conservative, sure!

One can be religious and conservative without being discriminating or judgmental towards the beliefs of others. It all falls into the love thy neighbor, judge ye not unless ye be judged and let thee without sin cast the first stone. Thus one of reasons as to why complaints about post and thread being deleted has no merit.

nobody is discriminating. Feeling uncomfortable with male/male pregnancies or female/female pregnancies has as much merit as being uncomfortable with alien pregnancies. Not to mention some countries are very strict about the dress code and it's completely insensitive to not to think that this was going to happen.

I saw your video on youtube along with the reply. I thought the parody reply video was being facetious but I now know it was not.
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    played around with the new cas stuff and made a sim I like.

I envision Taylor as a pianist.. just the way he looks

1d71738c-9aaa-4e3e-ad21-f4e0b20b79f2_zpsncuzmtfy.png

6cee5721-f6e6-483e-a4a1-c2954d747cd6_zps7c0uhiyo.png

0f8e9bc1-becb-41c4-9181-18a0990626f6_zpsgg3jspdp.png

2d799d60-daa6-4bb4-abaf-a4200d53e959_zps9zx8kz3e.png

I thought he looked good, but i guess some townies disagree like some of the forum populace.

63adeadd-b193-41a5-8229-c7b96eb1ef1f_zpsijpntenm.png
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Audio_5urf wrote: »
    63adeadd-b193-41a5-8229-c7b96eb1ef1f_zpsijpntenm.png[/URL]

I've never seen this moodlet before. Is it from a GP or mod?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I have a feeling this thread will be closed soon....
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member

I thought he looked good, but i guess some townies disagree like some of the forum populace.

OH WOW is that a new moodlet from the patch???? That is so great!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    no idea honestly.

@StrawberryYogurt
    I don't use mods.. besides, we got enough moodlets
    Packs I have: GTW, GT, SD, OR, patio, movies, and kitchen.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited June 2016
    no idea honestly.

StrawberryYogurt
    I don't use mods.. besides, we got enough moodlets
    Packs I have: GTW, GT, SD, OR, patio, movies, and kitchen.

I think the moodlet might be from GT since they have the whole trying on outfits thing.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @DreamsInPixels @Audio_5urf Ah I see. Thanks!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Honestly, I think content like that is best left in the player's hands.

If you want to make a trans family, or a gay couple, you're welcome to. If you don't, you won't see it. Simple as that.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

OH WOW is that a new moodlet from the patch???? That is so great!!!

I'm pretty sure it's from the 'Mock Outfit' mean interaction that any sim can do, as I've seen this moodlet before.
  • Options
    TechToTravisTechToTravis Posts: 133 Member
    edited June 2016
    Next step: no Life Stage restrictions

All the CAS content will be available for Baby, (toddler), child, teen, YA, adult and elder :p

WOW I would totally be happy with that! :DD
    Life stage should also have more equality :P
  • Options
    juleseast3003juleseast3003 Posts: 318 Member
    One of my sims is a bisexual guy living on his own. This is on sims 3. I have the hospital overhaul mod and first I engineered the baby and then arranged a surrogacy with the same mother.
    Thanking you in advance
    Julie :)
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I don't want to make a long comment on the sad state of the non-acceptance of some simmers but I do want to say to the OP, I think surrogates is an awesome idea!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    equality for non religious, non conservative, sure!

You're always free to delete the couple in Manage Households if you want.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    well i am 1 of those simmers that did not went those option and i also went the gallery to restore the proper filters its not acceptable nor is it apropriate for male sims to be wearing female clothes

You can still use the filters -- besides, unless you've set your Sims preference to prefer clothing of the opposite gender CAS defaults to the proper gender clothing. Why do you care what other people want to do in their games?

I'd actually like to see the ability to set certain outfits as only for certain age stages -- it bugs me when I see an Elder walking down the street in the same outfit my Teen is wearing. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    It is nice to see sims can wear any clothes regarding their gender. Wouldn't it be nice that the sims development actually create the first ever pre-made same sex couple into the game as well as surrogacy another way of having children genetically.?

1. a pre-made same sex couple is a nice idea, and would be pretty cool to have in game but imo not the most important thing for ts4 right now :D still, really good idea and if they release a new world they should definitely think about including some same sex couples :)
    2. and idk if surrogacy isn't too controversial for a cartoonish video game :D there's mods to have same sex children genetically tho, if that's something you want in your game.
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member
    edited August 2016
    The game has always been "equal" in my eyes from day 1 in the fact that you can cater the game to your own taste and outlook on life without the developers telling you how you should play it. (IRL there's no such thing as equality and never can be IMO). However I think it's becoming increasingly unequal in the fact that a patch has more or less discriminated against those who hold conservative views on what manhood and womanhood is. Many Christians, Muslims and people from other faiths may not be too happy to have a pre-made same-sex couple infringed on them. By all means, create them yourselves in your game if that's what you like to do but it's not fair on those who don't agree with it. If we're going to have gay or transgender characters in our game then EA will need to cater for those who want careers like a Priest, Vicar or Rabbi in.
  • Options
    Arkster93Arkster93 Posts: 154 Member
    No we don't need that.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    It is nice to see sims can wear any clothes regarding their gender. Wouldn't it be nice that the sims development actually create the first ever pre-made same sex couple into the game as well as surrogacy another way of having children genetically.?

As deep as my disappointment is with the current state of the Sims franchise, I will always be forever grateful for their casual inclusion of same-sex coupling. I had years of goodwill built up towards EA just because that. Likewise, I am thankful that transgender people now can be casually included and represented. They did a good thing.

In the it's-not-really-science-fiction-anymore, real world science front, same-sex couples can soon be biological parents and reproduce through a genetic technique called in vitro gametogenesis... in the Sims, where you can unrealistically splice dragon fruit and snapdragons, there should be no reason that that reproductive option isn't available now.

Off topic: Really nice to see that the new Star Trek series will include a female poc lead and gay male lead.
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    edited August 2016

oh but it's acceptable for female sims to wear male clothes

• Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    There was a same-sex couple in The Sims 3. And I wouldn't mind surrogacy. That'd be awesome.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Arkster93 wrote: »
    No we don't need that.

The more real-world things that we have, the more of a life simulator this will be! Add everything!

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Ben1010 wrote: »
    The game has always been "equal" in my eyes from day 1 in the fact that you can cater the game to your own taste and outlook on life without the developers telling you how you should play it. (IRL there's no such thing as equality and never can be IMO). However I think it's becoming increasingly unequal in the fact that a patch has more or less discriminated against those who hold conservative views on what manhood and womanhood is. Many Christians, Muslims and people from other faiths may not be too happy to have a pre-made same-sex couple infringed on them. By all means, create them yourselves in your game if that's what you like to do but it's not fair on those who don't agree with it. If we're going to have gay or transgender characters in our game then EA will need to cater for those who want careers like a Priest, Vicar or Rabbi in.

How did the patch "discriminate" against conservative people? It didn't make the new gender options mandatory to use. I also find it strange that you talk about religion and same sex relationships as complete opposites. Lots of "christians, muslims and people from other faiths" have nothing against same sex relationships, just as many non religious people are discriminating against them. To be tolerant and including or not is an individual choice in the end. So no, EA doesn't have to add religious themed features to "weigh out" any same sex relationships they may put in the game. And anyway, premade sims can be deleted with two clicks. I have deleted many premade families that I didn't like. But I don't demand EA make me a new career I want for every family I don't like.
  • Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    This thread was about 2 months old and all it is going to do is start arguments as ugly as the ones present when the patch was first released.