Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think people need to be prepared that EP3..

Comments

• Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why would they come on here and tell us anything? People on here are so rude and disrespectful, I wouldn't bother either. In another thread, SimGuruDrake told us how excited she is for the upcoming EP3 and was attacked and called a liar. Why would any Guru want to wade into those troubled waters? Better to keep silent and let the chips fall where they may after the announcement.

It's my feeling that quite a bit of any animosity around here is something brought on by the team members themselves. It started with the yes...X, Y and Z will be there and then rolling back many of those statements. That was followed by half answers, evasive answers and I'm sorry I can't talk about this answers when doing the Ask A Guru sessions.....then those stopped too. The longer the silence here lasted the more angry people became. Being open in the beginning could have stopped a lot of those feelings.

More communication is a recent thing and at this point it's still not much but it might get better.

You stated at the beginning of your statement that they told us things and then had to "rollback" many of those statements. So they did communicate with us, we just didn't like what they were saying, so they, maybe, thought less is more, so we'll wait until we can make a statement that will be true and not change. More complaints of no communication. So that was followed by "political" statements that didn't really commit one way or the other and still they get attacked, so those stopped. They have tried to communicate with us in every way they could within the limitations they have. We are impatient. We are demanding. We want it all and want it now. We are the problem.

Maybe you think you're a problem but I know I haven't been. These people aren't my "friend" they are employees of a company that has quite a bit of my money in their pocket. I've never been disrespectful to any of the team members here even though if another company had as little to say about a defective product as they have I'd probably be in touch with customer service often. That's another can of worms here though. In all the time I've been playing this (these) game(s) I've had a very little helpful contact from EA's customer service.

I also don't understand how we're being "disrespectful" in pointing out that we're not satisfied with their product. It's like we're expected to pay them $80 for an incomplete game and weirdly fawn over them afresh for each stuff pack or tweet.

It's not when you don't like the product. It's when people show scorn, contempt, and flat-out accuse them of lying when they say something that's disrespectful. Every time they try honestly opening up on these forums with people, I have always seen it turn into a passive-aggressive conversation about how "This SimGuru said this, but they can't honestly say this because I don't think they can, so they're a liar." or "The way I read the tone of this SimGuru makes me feel like they're attacking me, even though they're trying to explain things and calm down the situation, but they obviously would never do that, because they don't care about us at all."

If every time you tried to communicate with people they always accused you of being liars, greedy people, ones who hate the fanbase, etc, do you really think that you would consider communicating a valid option if nobody wants to listen.

On @sparkfairy1's thread, @SimGuruDrake went in there and talked with us about how we could better open up communication, how fans could get more involved in the development process, and how to make sure players wouldn't get angry at the team if x or y, which suggested by a person, had to cut from the pack. She communicated with us honestly, and the people in that thread responded honestly and with a calm, respectful tone. That was an example of how communication should happen.

If we want them to communicate, we have to be willing to listen and respond appropriately when they do.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I feel like more frequent communication would help at least, it seems people get angrier or more disappointed over time with little to no communication, then they take it all out on the gurus when they do finally say or show something.

But I don't think communication should be totally cut off because a few people get rude with the gurus every time they show up. The gurus will have to deal with some harsh people at times, but that comes with nearly any job.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Why would they come on here and tell us anything? People on here are so rude and disrespectful, I wouldn't bother either. In another thread, SimGuruDrake told us how excited she is for the upcoming EP3 and was attacked and called a liar. Why would any Guru want to wade into those troubled waters? Better to keep silent and let the chips fall where they may after the announcement.

It's my feeling that quite a bit of any animosity around here is something brought on by the team members themselves. It started with the yes...X, Y and Z will be there and then rolling back many of those statements. That was followed by half answers, evasive answers and I'm sorry I can't talk about this answers when doing the Ask A Guru sessions.....then those stopped too. The longer the silence here lasted the more angry people became. Being open in the beginning could have stopped a lot of those feelings.

More communication is a recent thing and at this point it's still not much but it might get better.

You stated at the beginning of your statement that they told us things and then had to "rollback" many of those statements. So they did communicate with us, we just didn't like what they were saying, so they, maybe, thought less is more, so we'll wait until we can make a statement that will be true and not change. More complaints of no communication. So that was followed by "political" statements that didn't really commit one way or the other and still they get attacked, so those stopped. They have tried to communicate with us in every way they could within the limitations they have. We are impatient. We are demanding. We want it all and want it now. We are the problem.

Maybe you think you're a problem but I know I haven't been. These people aren't my "friend" they are employees of a company that has quite a bit of my money in their pocket. I've never been disrespectful to any of the team members here even though if another company had as little to say about a defective product as they have I'd probably be in touch with customer service often. That's another can of worms here though. In all the time I've been playing this (these) game(s) I've had a very little helpful contact from EA's customer service.

I also don't understand how we're being "disrespectful" in pointing out that we're not satisfied with their product. It's like we're expected to pay them $80 for an incomplete game and weirdly fawn over them afresh for each stuff pack or tweet.

It's not when you don't like the product. It's when people show scorn, contempt, and flat-out accuse them of lying when they say something that's disrespectful. Every time they try honestly opening up on these forums with people, I have always seen it turn into a passive-aggressive conversation about how "This SimGuru said this, but they can't honestly say this because I don't think they can, so they're a liar." or "The way I read the tone of this SimGuru makes me feel like they're attacking me, even though they're trying to explain things and calm down the situation, but they obviously would never do that, because they don't care about us at all."

If every time you tried to communicate with people they always accused you of being liars, greedy people, ones who hate the fanbase, etc, do you really think that you would consider communicating a valid option if nobody wants to listen.

On *sparkfairy1's thread, *SimGuruDrake went in there and talked with us about how we could better open up communication, how fans could get more involved in the development process, and how to make sure players wouldn't get angry at the team if x or y, which suggested by a person, had to cut from the pack. She communicated with us honestly, and the people in that thread responded honestly and with a calm, respectful tone. That was an example of how communication should happen.

If we want them to communicate, we have to be willing to listen and respond appropriately when they do.

So, because a few are unhappy in their tone the Gurus Stop communicating? Cause it can't be Everyone and it can't be All disrespect.

If they didn't Quit talking all the time or interacting with us (the community as a whole) then there probably wouldn't be such a huge feeling of distrust (which is more about what they say and actually do with the game) between some of the community and the Gurus.

Since it is against the rules to be outright disrespectful, them handling it better would wouldn't be to stop talking but to actually keep interacting with the community.

Random acts of "Telling you all again" comments doesn't seem to work either.

I remember a time when a Guru showed up it was fun... and then it happened less and less and then ... yeah, I can understand some comments. They have also shown* some passive aggressiveness toward the community- let's not forget.

Honestly I kind of feel like the Gurus are holding their presence (or lack thereof) over our heads in hopes that the 'negative' people will be driven off the forums by the people who like the game. 'Oh, we'd love to interact with you more, but all these mean people who don't like the game make us feel bad'.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited August 2016
    And sometimes, comments have to be read in a calm and respectful way, too. Passion is Awesome even if it's angry because without it... why would someone even join to say why they don't like the game- they'd* just toss it in their pile of "didn't like, won't play" of games, which I'm sure we all have somewhere.

• Options
    SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    MocaJava wrote: »

On *sparkfairy1's thread, *SimGuruDrake went in there and talked with us about how we could better open up communication, how fans could get more involved in the development process, and how to make sure players wouldn't get angry at the team if x or y, which suggested by a person, had to cut from the pack. She communicated with us honestly, and the people in that thread responded honestly and with a calm, respectful tone. That was an example of how communication should happen.

So, because a few are unhappy in their tone the Gurus Stop communicating? Cause it can't be Everyone and it can't be All disrespect.

If they didn't Quit talking all the time or interacting with us (the community as a whole) then there probably wouldn't be such a huge feeling of distrust (which is more about what they say and actually do with the game) between some of the community and the Gurus.

Since it is against the rules to be outright disrespectful, them handling it better would wouldn't be to stop talking but to actually keep interacting with the community.

I remember a time when a Guru showed up it was fun... and then it happened less and less and then ... yeah, I can understand some comments. They have also shown* some passive aggressiveness toward the community- let's not forget.

Honestly I kind of feel like the Gurus are holding their presence (or lack thereof) over our heads in hopes that the 'negative' people will be driven off the forums by the people who like the game. 'Oh, we'd love to interact with you more, but all these mean people who don't like the game make us feel bad'.

To my knowledge, no guru has said this, or made any implication of the kind.

I'm only stepping in at this time to ask that we make sure we are not spreading misinformation.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @HIFreeBirdIH yes that was a good constructive conversation that hopefully @SimGuruDrake got a lot of insight from.

But I have to agree with @Rflong7 because you cannot punish everyone for the actions of the few customers who refuse to behave. EA employs mods here there and everywhere where they communicate so the answer to that is to deal with poor behaviour and with better communication people police themselves and those plums get frozen out of the conversation by others who can behave. It's just not an excuse. Every business has to deal with some bad apples in terms of customers when you sell or provide any service and for such a big company as EA they should have robust measures to deal with issues. Part of the problem this time round has been their complete refusal to address the bad feeling caused by the base being rushed out, features *missing* for years and public comments that appear to brush aside any and all criticism. It's tested the patience of even the most polite customer.

@jimmysnan I don't believe in sides, groups that don't exist as a cohesive movement (if a feature is popular it just means a lot of individuals are invested in it) and I don't want to rehash old situations we've discussed before. But the atmosphere doesn't help anyone. I maintain that strongly.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member

I'm only stepping in at this time to ask that we make sure we are not spreading misinformation.

See, they do communicate, and besides this is our forum. They come in when needed or when asked to come in.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

They said they "feel like" which isn't saying a Guru has said it, but how a Customer feels about their treatment by you all and how they precive you all saying. Not the same as saying you all said it.

'
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @jimmysnan wrote: »

See, they do communicate, and besides this is our forum. They come in when needed or when asked to come in.

No disrespect but* they're Sims Staff- not a Guru. They work the forums- or am I wrong?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @HIFreeBirdIH yes that was a good constructive conversation that hopefully @SimGuruDrake got a lot of insight from.

But I have to agree with @Rflong7 because you cannot punish everyone for the actions of the few customers who refuse to behave. EA employs mods here there and everywhere where they communicate so the answer to that is to deal with poor behaviour and with better communication people police themselves and those plums get frozen out of the conversation by others who can behave. It's just not an excuse. Every business has to deal with some bad apples in terms of customers when you sell or provide any service and for such a big company as EA they should have robust measures to deal with issues. Part of the problem this time round has been their complete refusal to address the bad feeling caused by the base being rushed out, features *missing* for years and public comments that appear to brush aside any and all criticism. It's tested the patience of even the most polite customer.

@jimmysnan I don't believe in sides, groups that don't exist as a cohesive movement (if a feature is popular it just means a lot of individuals are invested in it) and I don't want to rehash old situations we've discussed before. But the atmosphere doesn't help anyone. I maintain that strongly.

You are right the atmosphere here does not help anyone. There are sides, I strongly believe that. Protest that all you want but there are sides.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @jimmysnan wrote: »

You are right the atmosphere here does not help anyone. There are sides, I strongly believe that. Protest that all you want but there are sides.

There are Common Views and Opinions. These change and fluctuate. I stick with my opinion on the game and share my View of the game play. If others agree it doesn't mean we're a "Side", it means we share 1 view. :sigh:
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    Is it bad that I find this forum more entertaining than the actual game at the moment??? No disrespect but some serious drama goes down here :D Anyway ignore me and get back to your forum scrollin'!!
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    And sometimes, comments have to be read in a calm and respectful way, too. Passion is Awesome even if it's angry because without it... why would someone even join to say why they don't like the game- they'd* just toss it in their pile of "didn't like, won't play" of games, which I'm sure we all have somewhere.

Exactly. I have a pile of games (i.e. Spore, 99% of my Steam folder, and etc.) moldering away somewhere that I thought were going to be awesome and for which I have never even visited their forums even as my excitement for them whimpered out like a slow leaking helium balloon.

I'm here because I freaked out like a cat zip lining on catnip with ts2 and ts3 and then somebody freaking took my catnip away and left me a wadded up ball of poison ivy and belly-button lint.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited August 2016
    Don't forget that SimGurus' jobs are not, for most of them, communication. They are taking some of their time to read our feedback, share some things and communicate with us. But if there's too much disrespect, bickering, unconstructive criticism and the like, the signal-to-noise ratio will get worse and the devs will have an increasingly hard time sifting through all of it to adress the core issue. Reading dozens and dozens of forum threads takes a lot of time, and responding even more so.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @mattgstl wrote: »
    Is it bad that I find this forum more entertaining than the actual game at the moment??? No disrespect but some serious drama goes down here :D Anyway ignore me and get back to your forum scrollin'!!

That's how I see everyone here... they're bored of their game right now and need some entertainment, "Let's check out the TS4 section. Always drama there!"*

*it's what I think people say... Not an Actual Quote. :lol:
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    mattgstl wrote: »

I know what you mean, Lately it seems I rather come to the forums then actually play the games, so much Drama to see, :).
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Exactly. I have a pile of games (i.e. Spore, 99% of my Steam folder, and etc.) moldering away somewhere that I thought were going to be awesome and for which I have never even visited their forums even as my excitement for them whimpered out like a slow leaking helium balloon.

I'm here because I freaked out like a cat zip lining on catnip with ts2 and ts3 and then somebody freaking took my catnip away and left me a wadded up ball of poison ivy and belly-button lint.

That has got to be one of the funniest but also most true descriptions of how I feel. :D:D:D
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    mattgstl wrote: »

A lot of players have noticed that for a long time.

It does interest me that there are a lot of players who post here though who clearly do not play any Sims game an yet constantly complain about it. I guess some people find it fun here :tongue:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited August 2016

That's how I see everyone here... they're bored of their game right now and need some entertainment, "Let's check out the TS4 section. Always drama there!"*

Have you asked "everyone here"? Personally, I'm popping in on a work break. I'm not bored of my game at all - I'd love to play. I've been struggling to find blocks of time big enough to play in that aren't already claimed by more urgent things ... work, holidays away, visitors, family activities that can happen only in the short summer, that book of my daughter's I have to finish because she's going to take it away to college with her in a few weeks - two nights ago, it was emergency phone shopping and setup; tonight it'll be shopping, because the desk I've had my eye on for my office is finally on sale. So nope, not bored at all. Not even close. Here anyway, because I like the game and need to think about not-work for a few minutes.

FWIW, I'm often here in breaks while playing the game. Or because I came to look a game thing up and got distracted by y'all.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Have you asked "everyone here"? Personally, I'm popping in on a work break. I'm not bored of my game at all - I'd love to play. I've been struggling to find blocks of time big enough to play in that aren't already claimed by more urgent things ... work, holidays away, visitors, family activities that can happen only in the short summer, that book of my daughter's I have to finish because she's going to take it away to college with her in a few weeks - two nights ago, it was emergency phone shopping and setup; tonight it'll be shopping, because the desk I've had my eye on for my office is finally on sale. So nope, not bored at all. Not even close. Here anyway, because I like the game and need to think about not-work for a few minutes.

I actually check the forums for some mid work entertainment.

One guy caught me laughing at my phone once and asked me what was so funny.

I simply replied; 'Those forums' B)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

FWIW, I'm often here in breaks while playing the game. Or because I came to look a game thing up and got distracted by y'all.

What are you on about again?

Did you not read my comment? OMGoodness... read it again, please.
  • Options
    We are soooo off topic.
  • Options
    Isn't this how we get prepared ... for New Stuff? :lol:

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    We are soooo off topic.
    EP3 is still a while away at the earliest so idk, I guess the speculation has ran its course :P
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top